“don and diane k.”
Review of Marine Villas

Marine Villas
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 21 February 2012

It is no wonder that this place is rated no.1 in hollywood. never stayed at a small inn before and were skeptical about doing so. Are we glad we did!the place was emaculate. We were located exactly where we wanted tobe, close to everything, but yet very quiet and homey. Diane and her son Michael were wonderful hosts, and extremely gracious and helpful.They made us feel very much at home.We can't wait to go back and stay for a longer time.We stayed from Feb 9 to the 12th,2012.

Room Tip: every room is a good one!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ODingle

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Excellent accomodations. Friendly staff with a hands-on owner. Very clean, easy parking and everything at your finger tips. Great view of the ocean and steps to Broadwalk. Have been vacationing at the Villas for the past seven years and are planning many more stays.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Four of us stayed in two units at Marine Villas. The accommodations were nice, well maintained and spacious. We were in easy walking distance from the 'broadwalk' and its shops and restaurants. The beach was one block away. Parking was handy. The owner made us feel like long time visitors and provided lots of local information and color.

P and Q Parsons, Maryland

Room Tip: We used Unit # 1 and found it very nice for 2 persons.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed in Marina Villas for several days in the beginning of January 2012, and it was the experience we really loved and enjoyed!! The room was very clean and spacious... Fresh towels were always available. If you need to do laundry - they have this facility just around the corner. If you want to have breakfast in your room there is everything you need to cook one - you will just feel like you are at home. Walmart is of 5-7 minutes ride from Marina Villas, which is very convenient. The ocean is almost right in front of your entrance door...that's exciting! Diane, the owner, was very friendly, hospitable and helpful with any kind of advice, she kindly recommended some very nice restaurants nearby and things to do. We booked and a studio room, but Diane upgraded it to suite (2 rooms and kitchen) without any additional charges, which made our stay even better! Also this hotel has a very convenient parking place - you'll always park your car never mind what time of day or night you arrive. So, we highly recommend this place to stay at, won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alisa M
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Both owners keep the place very clean and up to date and run a tight ship. The place is very quite and all the quest are very nice . The ocean is only afew feet away the front door.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ctenneen2
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Marine Villas. We booked a last minute trip and several of the other hotels/beach properties were full. Because of the good reviews here on TripAdvisor, I took a shot and booked this property, although I originally wanted a hotel. I spoke with Diane on the phone and her kindness and helpfulness reassured me somewhat. When we arrived, however, all that was quickly forgotten.
We stayed in an upstairs 1 bedroom unit. (#8) Out the front door and windows is a beautiful view of the ocean and beach.
The rooms were decorated in a very tropical motif with bright colors. Full kitchen with all necessary cooking equipment. All the bedrooms have twin beds which they will put together to make a king size upon request. They did that for us, and we could not tell it was originally two beds. Before arriving I was very concerned about the comfort of the beds, but found them to be VERY comfortable with soft linens. We had a large supply of towels, and Diane assured us that we could have more if we needed them. There is a coin-operated laundry room on the first level, which we made use of to wash my husband's sweaty golf clothes. :) There was a supply of detergent, but I am sensitive to fragrance so I brought my own in a little squeeze bottle.

The location is on the very southern end of the Broadwalk. It is very quiet on this end and we had no disturbances. The walls are fairly thin, and if you had noisy neighbors it could be a slight problem, but that was not an issue for us. Also we sleep with a white noise app on my iPhone to drown out any noise at night. We loved being within walking distance of everything on the Broadwalk.
So here's the ONLY negative thing I can say...the bathroom is very small. There is no counter space to speak of, so you have to set your make-up bag on the back of the toilet. The shower has plenty of room for one, and wonderful water pressure. The bathroom is well-lit and has a little window to let steam clear out easily. But really only one person can get ready at a time. There is a large dresser and mirror in the bedroom, but at least in our unit, it wasn't lit well enough to apply makeup. At the beginning of the stay I thought the size of the bathroom was going to be a real pain, but it turned out to be not such a big deal.
Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. In hindsight, I'm really glad I didn't book a hotel room because I loved having my own supplies in the fridge, being able to stretch out on the couch and watch TV, and walk to everything I wanted. AND it was cheaper than the majority of the other hotels I was looking at. A great value all around!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnygrl98
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Just had a wonderful stay at a little known, but absolutely lovely and charming hotel at the south end of Hollywood Beach. It was perfect, very relaxing, casual friendly atmosphere with many returning guests. I was amazed that about half the other guests were there for their third of fourth time. After getting to know our hosts, Terry and Diane, I can see why. They gave you all the attention you desired. If you needed something they would try to provide it, if you wanted to be left alone they accomodated. We had friends coming over to meet us and they suggested that we use their grill and enjoy the ambiance of their front lawn overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The beach is quite frankly one of the nicest I've ever been to and I've traveled extensively. Many restaurants and bars located on the boardwalk, but with a distinct family feel. The rooms were very clean, neat and organized to maximize your pleasure. Having a full kitchen is a great luxury and a money saving extra as we had many of our meals in our room where we enjoyed the fresh seafood available close bye. All in all I would recommend Marine Villas over the bigger chain hotels for all the local charm. We feel like we have made new friends and hope to visit them again in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: They have studios and one bedrooms, both have full kitchens, but if you need the bigger you should r...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends