“Reviewing the bagels - can't comment on anything else they make”

Paradise Bagels and Cafe
Ranked #22 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Paradise.Bagels.941-779-1212
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Reviewing the bagels - can't comment on anything else they make”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had bagels from Paradise this morning. Not what we are used to. We're from the Northeast, near NYC, so maybe NY style bagels are different than FL bagels? These bagels were dry and the outside was chewy. They seemed like bread in the shape of a bagel. They didn't seem fresh, and they were purchased at 7am. The coffee was fine, but we won't be going back.

2 Thank wilkworks

“Very Unorganized and Terribly Long Wait for Weak Coffee and Bagels”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Not the place to go if you want good coffee(coffee weak) and fast service. It took them 30 minutes for 3 bagels with cream cheese. NEVER AGAIN! They were so unorganized and understaffed it was terrible. The cashier was in the middle of a transaction..and another gal asked her about how to make coffee, she turned away from the customer at the register and started a pot of coffee while the customer stood and waited for his receipt, never telling the customer to hang on or wait just a second. The 4 women who was busy cooking on a 4 burner household electric stove and a griddle seemed completely overwhelmed by the amount of customers on the 4th of July. When we did finally get our 3 bagels, the waitress informed us that she pushed our order of the toasted bagels ahead of 17 other orders that were in front of ours. Were we suppose to be grateful? In my opinion, maybe they should anticipate that the holiday will bring large crowds and need to staff their kitchen with workers at certain stations. They seemed today to be ALL over the place and one person did not know what the other was doing. We did witness ALOT of unhappy customers leaving. I hope they regroup and rethink busy days like today, and bring more help in assist at specific jobs.... such as ... You are in charge of the coffee and JUST bagel orders...and don't move off that job. With over 35 years of food service, things could have been smoother and happy customers equal great business and word of mouth. First impressions are usually the make or break for a restaurant.

2 Thank Penny M
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wins in all categories-Quality-Price-Area-Design”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Walked into this place with a friend-neither of us knew anything about it or what to expect. I didn't read reviews and I didn't have anyone recommend it to me. We walked down the entire strip of buildings and looked at this place last and were immediately sold just by reading the menu posted on the window. We were greeted by the friendly staff and they catered to our specific needs. For example: my friend is only able to eat gluten-free so walking into a bagel place he was skeptical. No problem, they had a wide variety of gluten free meals, from pasta to bagels to muffins. I personally ordered a turkey garlic bagel with egg. It was enough to feed a 250 lb. fireman. It was stacked with fresh authentic cheese, turkey, tomatoes, and tasty egg. It was served to you with some fruit on the side. It was $8 with my drink (great juice selection). I was impressed, full, and didn't feel like I was robbed after walking out. I can not wait to go back and eat there for dinner. I even took home a chocolate muffin to eat later because I couldn't pass up a 4.5 inch tall muffin. GREAT PLACE.

1 Thank Catherine A
Orlando, Florida
“great bagels, nice family business”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I liked that the owner was there cooking and greeting customers. Good bagels with n
honeynut creamchese.

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“The best bagels and homemade baked goods around!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The "Eggle" sandwiches are on perfectly cooked bagels (ask for tomato!) and the blueberry pancakes are excellent. Your eyes will tell you that you need a giant muffin, so be sure to get it grilled with butter. We return almost every day we are on vacation in the area and are always made to feel welcome to the island by the cheery staff. How could you not love a place that makes a banana and strawberry smiley face on your plate!

• Visited May 2014