I was nervous about this motel—I really wanted one right on the beach. But the experience exceeded our expectations. The beach is a short block walk and since it has a private pathway, the nearest stretch seems to be the least populated of the island! This part of the island was our favorite--not too dense, some old Florida atmosphere. Also, Haley’s offers carts, beach towels, umbrellas and various other things to use there. The room key even has a flashlight so you can walk back and forth in the evening (wonderful to go there for the sunset). Each room has an assigned parking space.
The owner and staff are all absolutely delightful: friendly, warm and helpful. They recommended restaurants (Feast was our favorite) and shops and when our shower knob was not working properly, they had a plumber in in less than an hour!
My son and I spent five nights in room 6, and I would have felt comfortable at the motel alone, too. I was worried that, since no. 6 is so close to the rooms facing it (don't expect a view), that we’d have noise. Again, it was not a problem: silence all night. The A/C is a bit noisy, but other than that, the suite was very nice. Clean, recently remodeled, functional and the kitchen had everything we needed: dishes, glasses, pots and pans, toaster, coffee maker and salt and pepper, coffee, brand new sponge and dishwashing liquid (note that the hot and cold are inverted in the kitchen sink). Yes, the bathroom is tiny, but with a nice, fully tiled shower (subway tiles) and great water pressure. I would have liked to see more 50s style in the room to go with the outside, but the remodel is lovely and there is a cool corner in glass bricks.
The small pool is a plus. There are lovely plants around the whole place and cute salamanders and lizards. The new outside shower with rain shower faucet and a separate foot shower allows you not to track in any sand into your room or the pool. The poolside bathroom is also clean and modern.
Overall, we were delighted with our stay at Haley’s Motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Haley's offers two room studios, motel rooms, one bedroom cottages, 2 and 3 bedroom homes. Entire property is SMOKE and PET free. The sandy path to the Gulf of Mexico is only about 100 yards from your door. No roads to cross (except from the Gumbo Limbo House) Free use of beach chairs, umbrellas, towels and beach carts. Heated Pool, AC/heat, basic cable, TV, gas grills. All rooms and property have free wireless Wi-Fi. Free island wide trolley to dinning, shopping and all kinds of activates. Coffee makers with coffee and bath amenities. Most units have full kitchens except for a few motel rooms. They include Cook top or stoves, dishes and serve-ware and more. All rooms have a minimum of coffee maker and small refrigerator. Family owned and operated Book Direct for Best Deals. See "Specials" on our website ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Haleys Motel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haleys Hotel Holmes Beach
- Haleys Motel Holmes Beach
- Haleys Motel And Resort Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida