“I really love this hotel, and the owners are extremely attentive to my needs!!”

Haleys Motel and Resort
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Haley's Motel is without a doubt one of the most charming and relaxing places I have had the pleasure to stay in!! To begin with, the owners Tom and Carol are simply the nicest, friendliest and most competent people one could have the good fortune to meet-they really DO take care of you. Also, the motel, which originally opened for business in 1953, has been impressively restored to its original 1950's retro design. It really does remind me of some of the places i stayed in as a kid with my parents in the 1950's; I felt as though I had almost been time traveling!! And of course, the location on beautiful Anna Maria Island, Florida is simply stunning. I really adore this place, and I have enthusiastically recommended it to my family and friends.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2010

This was our first trip to Ana Maria Island so we were at a loss of where to go or what to do, we found the staff at Hayleys very helpful. There was such a relaxed feeling about the place, I was so impress upon arrival that the staff knew who we were and were ready for us even though the office was closed, check in was at our leisure. the rooms were beautiful and they have everything you would ever need, from beach toys to the bikes, the motel was old but has been refurbished to high standards, don't judge a book by its cover...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 18 August 2010

This is an utterly lovely place to stay, within five minutes walk or cycle ride from a beautiful, white sands beach. The motel is aesthetically enchanting, each room or unit having a distinctive quality. We had Unit 10, which four of us fitted in well. It was 1950s retro, and with the exception of a very small bathroom, it was faultless. The kitchen equipment was excellent and both rooms had a television. The swimming pool was small, but lovely, and we were able to use the bicycles and helmets, and each unit has its own parking space. I'd certainly stay here again, and enthusiastically recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank EMT64
Jacksonville
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Wonderful place to stay. My wife and I wanted a little place close to the beach and this was perfect. Owners were more than accomadating. Beautiful beach at the end of the street the motel is on. I will be back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
france
Reviewed 29 April 2010

When I spend $159 a night plus tax on top for a room I expect a pretty decent place to stay. I had spent a long time choosing where to stay on Anna Maria Island and thought the website of Hayleys made it seem an attractive, retro place. Retro? Not a bit. It is a tiny motel with the nose of your car about 4 feet from your bedroom door with hardly any space around it. You are right next to a noisy road where you can hear traffic. I was given one of the 'renovated' rooms but it was tiny. It also smelt badly of damp. Even my clothes felt wet. When I got into bed I heard a squeek and to my horror found a thick plastic mattress cover encasing the mattress, sewn on so I couldn't remove it. Were they protecting their guests from bedbugs? Or were they protecting their mattress from bed-wetters? Either way, I found the whole thing really gross. And it made for an uncomfortable night's sleep.
Sadly, they had taken all my money up front way in advance so I couldn';t get my money back but luckily, I had only booked for two days. I checked out ASAP and went to the Beau-lido suites on the neighboring island on Lido Beach. A bigger room that didn't smelll of damp for just $59. A whole $100 cheaper for a better room and just as close to the beach.
That is the only redeeming factor Hayleys has: it is a short walk to a very pretty beach with white sugary sand, but for the price they charge do not stay here; save your money for a nice dinner!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank mitey
biels123, Owner at Haleys Motel and Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
We are really sorry this guest did not enjoy her stay. We would have removed the cover if only she has asked us to. We did find a leak outside the building that caused some dampness in the room. Again, we would have gladly moved this guest into a new room if we had only known. If you are looking for an orginal retro room, please look at unit 3 or 4. They are 2 of our most polular units.
Waupaca, WI
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Owners very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping staff friendly and thorough. The place was clean and attractive. The full kitchen was stocked with everything we needed to provide meals for ourselves during our week long stay. The owner even drove us to the grocery store so we could fill it! The room was quiet and we were able to relax and sleep in all week! A short walk down a quiet street took us to the beach, which was clean and a great place to bring a family. The sunsets were magnificent! A free trolley runs the entire length island, so everything is within reach. The island has cute little shops to meet all your needs, as well as a full grocery store. Trolley stops are close to the place and run every 20 minutes. Restaurant and cafe choices on the island would match any taste. The motel offers free bicycle use, as well as beach chairs and beach towels. The pool is small but very nice. Gas grills are available, as well as outdoor seating. Overall it is a great place for a quiet, relaxing vacation. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Northampton
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We arrived at Hayeys hotel without a prior booking on the Sunday morining having driven down from Orlando.Tom ( The Owner ) was very welcoming we were settled in our 1950's style Bungalow wihin 15 minutes of parking up.
The room was very comforable and had been recently refurbished to a high stanadard.
There were complimentary pedal cycles for our use which were a great way of seeing the Isaland ( Anna Marria ).
Our 5 night stay ended all too soon and we were sad to leave our home from home as we had been to made to feel so welcome which is sadly missing from most of the larger chain hotels and motels.We are looking forward to our next stay

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#1 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Haleys Motel and Resort? Share your experiences!