“Unexpectedly wonderful...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Anna Maria Island Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We were driving to Central Florida when we learned we could move our stay to be at Anna Maria Island. I had read an article in Southern Living, and I started searching for a place to stay while driving in the car and we found this location. I called, and Carolyn was very nice - giving us a good price on a great room.

My husband and I put a premium on "space" - and room #11 was glorious. We had been in the car all day, and walking into this room was such a relief after staying in a Hampton the night before. This room must be about 600 sq feet - which was really nice - and it overlooks the pool. There's a kitchen, dining area, den, and two bedrooms with one very large bathroom. So much nicer than a corporate room!

The location was great - we walked to the beach grill for two meals, took towels to the beach, and just walked on the beach as well.

Our schedule was kind of crazy because our primary reason for being there was to attend the National Collegiate Paintball tournament - but still, we saw Carolyn once and she was very helpful. Because she knew we would be arriving late, she arranged a great situation for us to obtain our key to the room w/o bothering anyone.

Because we did this side trip as a spur of the moment kind of thing, we did not have a blow dryer, or shampoo with us (thinking we would be staying at a Marriott elsewhere) - so be prepared to have these items. With a CVS and a grocery store just a couple of blocks away - it was no problem to come up with these items.

We loved Anna Maria Island - we probably will not return just because of geography issues, but we thought it was lovely.

Thanks again Carolyn.

Traci

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 March 2009

Just returned from 10 days at the AMIBR. When I originally booked this trip, Carolyn was great on the phone and very forthright " if your looking for the Hilton this is not it" - Positioned as "old florida" I think our expectations were on target, and overall it was a good stay...but...the website says "private balcony" and it's not- it's the walkway for all the other folks to get to their rooms. This was a big disapointment for us as sitting on a balcony looking at the water is something we love to do-
The room was good overall, but a bit rundown, screen door was a bear to open, no crisper drawers in the fridge, and the mattress was in dire need of replacing...we flipped and turned to make it a bit better, The futon couch was a life saver on a few nights. The pool area is nice but the chairs are in need of replacing and again the photos on the website are a bit misleading as the pool area is right on the main drag (though there is a chain fence and some nice plantings between).
Overall it was a pleasant, very quiet, home base for a trip to AMI. Centrally located and right across the street from Skinny's (a must visit!). The beach is amazing and we'll be back again, but probably not staying in the same location, I think there are better spots to be had now that I've learned the lay of the land. All of that said I think for many this might be a great spot...I just wanted a little bit more

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aileuron
Reviewed 4 October 2008

On a whim, my husband and I decided to find a place to stay for some rest and relaxation. We walked in the office to inquire about a room. We were WOWED! We were steps away from the beautiful beach. Great places to eat within walking distance. The room was awesome and immaculate. The staff could not have been nicer. It was truly paradise. We could not give this anything but a five star rating. We have travelled alot through the years and our stay here went beyond our expectations. Our only regret was that we could not stay longer. Thanks so much. We will be back! Mike and Roxanne

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2008

Well, I own a home in Kissimmee and if my home looked like this place I don't suppose I'd ever get any rentals. I booked straight off their website which is extremely forgiving.

We stayed in room 11 overlooking the pool. From what I can gather from other guests some rooms are much smarter than others. Ours wasn't one of those unfortunately. When in the kitchen there was only a wooden partition of some sort separating you from the office next door where the woman on reception talked constantly on the phone to her friends. All very audible. Bedroom two had no window or natural light at all.

I agree with previous comments about the bedding being old and worn. The towels weren't too bad.

The hotel is right on the beach but also right next door to a large cafe which wasn't quite what we were hoping for. The sort of place you buy your food before you sit down.

It had a general air of being unloved, the foliage needed cutting back, the pool area a good clean up and some general maintenance.

On the plus side you can walk to Publix. We won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank WindsorHillsPad
Reviewed 2 July 2008

The AMI Beach Resort is simply excellent, the 2 bedroom "apartment" we rented for my family of 5 was simply perfect. The kids loved the well maintained pool, and you are also directly on the beach behind some dunes.

You can walk to the Cafe' which provides reasonable "diner" style fare, and also there is a Publix Supermarket in walking distance too which makes this feel like a real island beach vacation for sure. There are many "reasonably" priced restaurants in the area for families as well.

I was hoping for "Old Florida" and it delivered on every note. Also the weather was perfect. Sure we had some thunderstorms, but that is absolutely expected.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank fober
Reviewed 27 May 2008

When the ad sayes, "Paradise" they mean it. Very beautiful beach. Appartments are clean but not extravagant. Very well kept resort that makes you feel as if you have lived there forever. We loved every minute of our stay. This is our second visit to the island, and we would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to relax in a home like atmosphere, but in "Paradise" !

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2008

Wanted to get away for a long weekend, so I found this place online. Called to get availability, and Carolyn was so wonderful. I booked right then and there!!!!!

Got there, and it's like I was walking into a friend's house when I went to the office. Carolyn is even more friendly in person. The entire property is so beautiful with all the plants and trees. It's like I stepped into an oasis.

Got to the room, and was happy with all it offered. The kitchen is fully stocked with pans, blender, utensils, cups, coffee mugs, etc. The full size fridge is great also. Most places only have the mini fridges that you can't fit anything into!! So, we went 1 block away to the supermarket!! (very convenient!!)

The view of the beach is so nice. You can see the pier from your room, and AMIBR even has grills to cook on if you happen to go fishing and catch anything!!

The pool is absolutely gorgeous!! It's totally surrounded by exotic trees and plants, so you're not staring at a road or another hotel. So nice and private, you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere!! It's kept very clean also!!!!

The only thing I would have to say needs improvement is the furniture in the living room could be updated, and tv's should be added to the bedroom.

But other than that, my visit was awesome, and I will be returning again!!!!! Thanks so much to Carolyn and her husband for the awesome stay we had!!!! PS Make sure to say "Hi" to the resident cats!!! We loved them!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach
Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Anna Maria

Been to Anna Maria Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!