My mom and I are locals. We booked this hotel for a staycation on Anna Maria. I wouldn't call this place a hotel. We took booked the one room "hotel", but it was like an apartment. The bedroom was completely separate so who ever had that would have privacy, while I could be in the living room on couch with a roll out bed. There was plenty of sitting space, large T.V. with a DVD player - dining room table as well as private outside patio blocked from view of other guests - and the kitchen had EVERYTHING you would need. If you didn't want the expense of eating out of the island, aside from the food itself you have what you would need to cook.
I love the fact that although the hotel itself wasn't a large complex - it seemed like an escape from all the other surroundings. There was tropical vegetation - spring flowers were blooming spreading a sweet aroma around the pool area. If you want family friendly quiet and relaxation - this is an amazing hotel.
The best part is the beach which is just a short walk. Very short walk. The hotel actually comes with some boards and toys that you can use for the beach - and a wagon to haul it all there. Honestly - we carried everything by hand because it was NOT a long at all. If you don't have what you need or want to shop, you could either take the free trolley or ride a bike to the shops. Walking would be far, but for a person who runs/or takes long walks on a daily basis it's definitely reasonable.
Being a college student, I might pick a more "exciting" hotel if it were only my friends. Being that this was a family event, it was perfect. Will probably be going back in the summer.
Also - I LOVED that the outside showers were actually HEATED. AMAZING.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise on sunny Anna Maria Island - your 'green' destination for sun, beach & 100% relaxation. Brand new villas with heated pool, full kitchens & garden patios, just a short walk from the Gulf Beach. The only hotel on Anna Maria Island recommended by LIFE magazine. Enjoy island hospitality with a personal touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An Island Getaway At Palm Tree Villas Hotel Holmes Beach
- An Island Getaway At Palm Tree Villas Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida