“Stop researching, this place is perfect.”

An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Stop researching, this place is perfect.”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My mom and I are locals. We booked this hotel for a staycation on Anna Maria. I wouldn't call this place a hotel. We took booked the one room "hotel", but it was like an apartment. The bedroom was completely separate so who ever had that would have privacy, while I could be in the living room on couch with a roll out bed. There was plenty of sitting space, large T.V. with a DVD player - dining room table as well as private outside patio blocked from view of other guests - and the kitchen had EVERYTHING you would need. If you didn't want the expense of eating out of the island, aside from the food itself you have what you would need to cook.

I love the fact that although the hotel itself wasn't a large complex - it seemed like an escape from all the other surroundings. There was tropical vegetation - spring flowers were blooming spreading a sweet aroma around the pool area. If you want family friendly quiet and relaxation - this is an amazing hotel.

The best part is the beach which is just a short walk. Very short walk. The hotel actually comes with some boards and toys that you can use for the beach - and a wagon to haul it all there. Honestly - we carried everything by hand because it was NOT a long at all. If you don't have what you need or want to shop, you could either take the free trolley or ride a bike to the shops. Walking would be far, but for a person who runs/or takes long walks on a daily basis it's definitely reasonable.

Being a college student, I might pick a more "exciting" hotel if it were only my friends. Being that this was a family event, it was perfect. Will probably be going back in the summer.

Also - I LOVED that the outside showers were actually HEATED. AMAZING.

Room Tip: If you have many adults, get more than one room. Book ahead during season days because it is almost...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sha-nananah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I reserved a villa here based on the reviews at Tripadvisor.com. All that was available was a one bedroom with a pull-out sofa for our 11 year old daughters. I was assured that would work for us. It did and we were comfortable although we are switching to a 2 bedroom next year since the girls will be older and bigger. I was terrified that the place would be a disappointment since I harassed my husband into coming to Anna Maria Island in the first place. It was not a disappointment at all. I rented lots of beach toys only to discover that they already had them - same for the boogie boards. I was stunned by the thoughtfulness of Peggy and Ashok. They thought of everything. The only thing we had to buy, aside from food, was paper towels.

The location is wonderful - a little of a block from the beach. Unlike the beaches further down the island, this beach is fairly quiet and relaxed. We enjoyed using the wagons provided to hike over to the beach. When we came back the outdoor shower was fabulous with lots of hot water.

My cousin rented a house 3 blocks away which was more spacious and was nice enough. I found that our villa was better equipped (possibly because her house was newly renovated). I also found that the eco package recommended by Peggy and Ashok was fabulous. We went on a boat tour out of Mote Aquarium which was great. The next day we went on a dolphin cruise. I expected a duplication of the Mote Aquarium, but they were quite different. We saw dolphins and a manatee, which the girls loved. They also got to climb out of the boat and explore the sea creatures on a sand bar. I might not have found these perfect opportunties on my own with out the help of Peggy and Ashok. Even my husband, who usually grumbles about not gettting to play golf (he didn't bring his clubs and is picky about renting clubs), was enthralled. It was fun to watch all of them.

I didn't say anything about reserving for next year at spring break and was amused to watch him start suggesting it. As a small business owner, he really respected the way Peggy and Ashok ran Palm Tree Villas and enjoyed his experience. I found him sitting out on the back porch late at night with soft breezes and a light watching the Masters along with a friendly wandering cat. My husband has always insisted that the girls wouldn't survive without Disney, but they had a great time with minimal structure to their vacation. After the dolphin cruise, they did decide to try parasailing with the same company. It was great.

I can only speak as a mom with a family. Palm Tree Villas was great for us. I think it would also be great for older couples. The location might not be exciting enough for college students, which is fine. We have already put down a deposit for next spring and we have onl been back for a couple of days.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jendher
Gaylord, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have truly found my "home away from home" at Palm Tree Villas. This was a return visit for me and I have already booked for next year. Peggy and Ashok make me feel so welcome. I talk with them everyday and, as a solo traveler, feel very secure. Imagine my surprise when I entered my villa and found a stack of birthday cards on the table. My family had called and asked if they could send cards there. I was greeted with a "Happy Birthday!". The villas are immaculate and certainly meet my high standards. I had everything I needed from laundry facilities to a wagon to cart chairs to the beach. I enjoyed my private patio in the morning and late afternoon. The pool area is clean and welcoming. Peggy, Ashok, or Judy have always returned my e-mails in record time. It's a quiet, lovely area and I enjoy walking each day. It's not a place for small children, but they seem to keep the villas full with solo travelers, couples, a lot of returnees. In my opinion, Palm Tree Villas is the perfect destination on AnnaMaria Island.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie P
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Got the Run Around

I am a business man that attempted to make a reservation at this Hotel. I spoke to a man named uhshook and he made me feel as if he was giving me the run around. I wanted to come in on a Friday and I was told I couldn’t, I had to check in on a Saturday which I had no problem with. We started to discuss dates and it seemed every date I would mention I couldn’t book. He kept on saying just go the website and make a reservation on line. As if he didn’t want to assist me, it was just much easier for him to say just do it on line.

I wanted just to hear him say a date that I could come in, and he kept on saying just go the website. I felt that no matter what date I would mention I just kept getting the runaround from this man. If he couldn’t help me at least he could have referred me to someone else which he didn’t.

Thanks for Nothing

Room Tip: It is difficult to get availability information on the phone.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank rick b
PalmTreeVillas, Owner at An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
I have personally apologized to this reviewer, who has not stayed at our hotel, for making him feel as though he was getting a run around. We answer all phone calls, even those that ring in the middle of the night. Sometimes we do not have all the information handy and we call back. This reviewer’s need might have been more urgent and so I might have directed him to our web site as the next best option where our online booking has the best last minute deals and most up to date availability information.

One guest wrote – ‘Palm Tree Villas is a jewel in the crown of Anna Maria Island!’. While it is obvious that the conversation with this reviewer did not go well for reasons I cannot recall, we hope that readers will look at the 180 excellent reviews here as the true testament of how well we treat each of our guests.
England
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We have just spent a week at Palm Tree Villas and have nothing but praise for these apartments which are among the best accommodations we've stayed in. Very comfortable, clean, well equipped and within a 3 minute walk to the most beautiful beach. We didn't hire a car but used the free bus service around the island - it was slightly limiting and if we returned we would hire one just to give more flexibility when buying groceries and allow us to do more exploring. Ate in some good restaurants, saw dolphins, but mostly just relaxed.. Many thanks to our very gracious hosts Peggy and Ashok who were there daily to check we had all we needed, answer any queries and generally help in any way they could, it was much appreciated! I completely understand why they have so many repeat guests and hope we will be some of them.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank JonesEngland
Webster, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This was our 18th winter vacation at Palm Tree Villas. We found this lovely place in 1995 and have been back every year since, first for two weeks, then three and now four. Ashok and Peggy and their staff always make us feel very welcome and are so attentive and responsive to any needs. The facility is spotless and the gardens are beautiful and peaceful. We especially enjoy our afternoon time in the heated pool with fellow guests we have met over the years. The morning walks on the beach and the magnificent sunsets add to our enjoyment of the area. We have already reserved our time for next year. G & C

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Pike, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Palm Tree Villas for 2 weeks in January 2012. We flew into Tampa airport from NH. We rented a car and found Anna Maria Island and Palm Tree Villas without any trouble. We stayed in a studio apartment and it was perfect for us. Private and quiet. The studio apartment is new and very clean. The bathroom is a good size and the shower is great. The studio does not have a stove but there is a BB grill right outside the door. There is a laundry room where you can do your own laundry, a beautiful, clean pool, and the property is very well kept. The beach is just across the street and it is a very nice walking beach and so close. Our hosts were always there when we needed them to give us information on dining, shopping, etc. If you want to go to an unknown area and stay at a nice clean, quiet place, this is for you. We are going back next year for 3 weeks. We hit some really nice weather which made the trip even nicer.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria
Haleys Motel and Resort
Haleys Motel and Resort
#6 of 16 in Holmes Beach

Been to An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas? Share your experiences!