“Home away from home”

An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

My wife, two year old daughter and I recently stayed at this establishment and could not have been happier. This small complex of villas is amazingly appointed with flat screen tvs in each room granite counter tops everywhere, a completely functional kitchen (no missing or mismatched equipment) and very comfortable beds. There are toys for kids to take to the beach and wagons to take them all in. The short walk to the beach is more than manageable, I have stayed at beachfront condos further from the water.
This is not a place for businesmen or busnisess travel, not a place where you will have people tripping over you to bring you a drink, but if you are looking for a home away from home you need look no further.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Bert5535
There are newer reviews for An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas

Reviewed 18 May 2012

My husband and I recently returned from our third stay at PTVs. We learned the property was under new ownership between the time we booked and arrived. We was a little apprehensive, but our fears were quickly allayed when we met Spence. He is personable, attends to every detail, and is genuinely committed to creating a warm and welcoming enviroment. We have already booked our next trip in Oct. and can't wait to bask at the PTV's pool in the sun! .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea57372
jsromine, Owner at An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our goal is to continue running Palm Tree Villas in the same excellent way as the previous owner, so your review is music to our ears! We look forward to you coming back soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We just returned from an amazing stay at Palm Tree Villas. We rented the 2 bedroom 1 bath villa and it was perfect for myself, my husband, my 3 1/2 year old son and my mother-in-law. For someone traveling with a small child this place cannot be more convenient. We were able to cook breakfast and lunch in the luxurious fully equipped kitchen, and we also used the barbecue to cook dinner on a few nights. There are even private patios attached to each villa! And the kitchen was fully equipped with everything needed to cook a gourmet dinner! Utensils, pots, pans, colanders, steak knives, etc.

One of the great things for the young children is the red wagons and all the beach toys that Ashok and Peggy provide on the property. It was so convenient and our little guy looked forward to being towed each morning. Another great feature is the HEATED outside shower which is private and attached to each villa enclosed in the private patio. We used it to bathe my son so that we wouldn't get sand in the villa.

We were also very impressed at how clean the unit was upon arrival. This place rivals any luxury hotel that we have been to in the past. We can't say enough good things about this place. We would definitely come back.

Thanks again to Peggy and Ashok for making our stay wonderful despite the not the so great weather.

1  Thank Gabby L
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I stayed in the studio room, which was perfect for the two of us. The owners couldn't have been more hospitable, always asking if there is anything they could do. It was perfect ! I enjoyed the beautiful plants and flowers all around the building, very obvious lots of time and effort are put into making it look prestine. It is only a 2-minute walk to the beautiful white sand beach. They provide you with your own beach umbrella and chairs which we used almost every day. The onsite laundry room was awesome, we didn't have to return home with two suitcases full of dirty laundry! We will definitely come back again. One of the best trips we've taken.
From Westford, Vermont

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My fiance and I made last-minute plans to visit Anna Maria Island during the Spring Break period. Every place directly on the beach was booked, so we reserved with Palm Tree Villas, which is across the street (one block) off the beach. We were pleasantly surprised. There is plenty of parking and the units are clean and very nicely stocked. The kitchens and bathrooms were recently remodeled. The pool is on the small side, but there are plenty of deck chairs and hardly ever anybody there. The beach is gorgeous of course - it's Anna Maria Island! Ashok and Peggy are very helpful, and provide outdoor grills for communal use and beach wagons, chairs and umbrellas for each unit. There was even an outdoor shower right outside our door - super convenient for cleaning off after the beach. Our unit (studio) had a nice semi-private seating area in the back. There is a laundry room onsite. The only negative thing I can say is that the prices are a little high considering this is not beachfront.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My family of four as well as my sister and her husband stayed here recently iin unit 21 - the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit. There was plenty of room for us. The unit was luxurious and the grounds were beautiful. There is nothing lacking about The Palm Tree Villas. Ashok was on site every day and was more than happy to offer and provide assistance with anything you needed. (We didn't need anyting; everything was perfect!) It is obvious that Peggy and Ashok work to ensure their guests are more than comfortable and that everything in the units are top notch. It is a short walk to a gorgeous beach and wagons are provided to tote everything you need and umbrellas and chairs are provided for the beach. What a beautiful, comfortable place to spend a vacation. Peggy and Ashok, you're doing an amazing job, it was a pleasure to stay there and a pleasure to meet you. I would absolutely recommend The Palm Tree Villas to my friends as well as anyone reading the TripAdvisor reviews.

1  Thank Lori_Cooper
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My mom and I are locals. We booked this hotel for a staycation on Anna Maria. I wouldn't call this place a hotel. We took booked the one room "hotel", but it was like an apartment. The bedroom was completely separate so who ever had that would have privacy, while I could be in the living room on couch with a roll out bed. There was plenty of sitting space, large T.V. with a DVD player - dining room table as well as private outside patio blocked from view of other guests - and the kitchen had EVERYTHING you would need. If you didn't want the expense of eating out of the island, aside from the food itself you have what you would need to cook.

I love the fact that although the hotel itself wasn't a large complex - it seemed like an escape from all the other surroundings. There was tropical vegetation - spring flowers were blooming spreading a sweet aroma around the pool area. If you want family friendly quiet and relaxation - this is an amazing hotel.

The best part is the beach which is just a short walk. Very short walk. The hotel actually comes with some boards and toys that you can use for the beach - and a wagon to haul it all there. Honestly - we carried everything by hand because it was NOT a long at all. If you don't have what you need or want to shop, you could either take the free trolley or ride a bike to the shops. Walking would be far, but for a person who runs/or takes long walks on a daily basis it's definitely reasonable.

Being a college student, I might pick a more "exciting" hotel if it were only my friends. Being that this was a family event, it was perfect. Will probably be going back in the summer.

Also - I LOVED that the outside showers were actually HEATED. AMAZING.

Room Tip: If you have many adults, get more than one room. Book ahead during season days because it is almost...
1  Thank Sha-nananah
#1 of 3 in Anna Maria
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#2 of 11 in Bradenton Beach

Been to An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas? Share your experiences!