We chose this placed based on all the reader reviews on this site, so had a pretty good idea going in what would be the good points, and if any, the bad. I thought the location was great....close to grocery store...perfect beach area that was not very crowded at all. We stayed in the Bamboo cottage, which was exactly as the pics on their website presented it. The beach is kind-of visible from the windows or balcony....you have to look through and around the largest building on the property to see it. The cottage is basically on the main road, with the door and balcony facing the opposite way. We never heard any traffic while in the unit. Jeff and Eric were very kind and helpful whenever needed. The place does not offer daily maid service, so a week there with 3 kids ends up leaving lots of sand and debris in the unit. I did not find out until the last day that I could have asked for the use of cleaning products and a sweeper. The cottage was clean and had most of the basic kitchen needs.....wine glasses, coffee maker, utensils. It's cooled by 2 wall/window style AC units, which run non-stop due to the summer heat. That did not bother us at all. The bathroom does not have it's own AC, so it tends to get warm while in there for showering. The sofa is a sleeper sofa for the kids, and a local company delivered a crib for $35 for the week. We arrived late, and they made easy arrangements for us. They have a huge box of beach toys for the kids....rafts, boogie boards, etc. There are also some spare drink coolers and umbrellas. There are more then enough chairs and lounges, so one doesn't need to rush out early and stake out their "turf" for the day. They have 2 newer gas grills for cooking and charcoal grills as well. We are already planning on returning next summer.....and this is the first time I have ever returned to the same place 2 years in a row.....so there's hardly higher praise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort located in the heart of your island paradise. Penthouses, gulf view suites, Key West style cottages and your own private sugar white sandy beach. Sip wine and the watch beautiful sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Hotel Holmes Beach
- Cedar Cove Resort And Cottages
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida