“A Must Stay When You Visit Anna Maria Island- Holmes Beach”

Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
topcop26
Reviewed 27 January 2008

My wife and I found Cedar Cove on an Internet Search. When we arrived we were immediately met by an extremely friendly and helpful staff who took us to our cottage. The cottage itself was very quaint and extremely clean and well maintained. Everything we needed to enjoy it was already provided. The scenery was magnificent. The view from their private beach was breathtaking. The weather could not have been any better. We were looking for a nice, relaxing vacation and without a doubt found it. However, my wife likes to move around and see and do new things. There were plenty of activities, on the island, as well as phenominal shopping and sights within a twenty minute drive.

• Liked — The rooms (cleanliness and efficiency)
  • Disliked — that I had to leave
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank topcop26
sheridan, In.
Reviewed 9 January 2008

This place not only had flying termites the first weekend I was there, but, other flying insects. They would NOT refund my money, they wouldn't even even spray the place out. Others stayed in the same house I was in the night that I left. I don't think the mangers would even tell others the problem they had. The management also kept an eye on everything I did, I felt as though someone was spying on my every move. The managers tried to get me to stay, but I saw it as a danger to anyones health. NOT a place I would go back to..

Stayed June 2006
10 Thank ginisheridan_In_
Chicago
Reviewed 27 December 2007

After much research, and help from the forum, I choose the Cedar Cove (Bamboo Room), and was very happy. The owner is great, very friendly, answered my many questions. We are a family of four, two kids and two adults. Great for kids, as they had many water toys on the property. Chairs and umbrellas are there, no need to rent, which was great. Room was nice, had kitchen and fully stocked dishes. We made breakfast in the room on some mornings to save a little money. There is also a washer and dryer, so I was able to get our laundry done before we went home, which is a must if you are traveling with kids. Beach area is very nice. Owner comes out to check on you, he was very nice. Can't say enough good things about the place. We will go back one day, next time get a larger suite. Thanks for all the help from the forum, especially Rustykat!

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Ladyleo3
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Family of 4 just came back from Cedar Cove. While they are not a hotel, the staff (Jeff) make sure you have everything you need. They will change your towels, give great tips on the island and even get you fresh flowers. The location is excellent, they have a little private beach which is not a great deal but their tiki huts add to the place. We stayed at the Dolphin Suite, enough room for four, although it faced the street and would not be good for light sleepers.
Overall, a perfect stay for a reasonable price!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
#6 of 16 in Holmes Beach
Sunrise Garden Resort
Sunrise Garden Resort
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!