“Fantastic Place to Stay”

Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is our 4th visit. We decided to fly down for the 4th of July. We can't stay enough about this place. Our room as always, was spotless. Even though it rained on and off, we had a wonderful stay. It was great for instead of having to drive park and walk a mile,we were able to see the fireworks from the Cedar Cove beach. The staff is great, always willing to help! We already booked our trip for next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachOhio

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed for two nights. We had a room connected to the front office. It was filled with Mosquitos and had a sky light right over the beds. When we complained, instead of moving rooms, they put a bug zapper in the room and covered the light with a garbage bag.

• Stayed: August 2012
9  Thank Aliram17
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We spent 3 days here after 11 days in Orlando for a family holiday. Having always holidayed in Orlando doing the Disney-Universal thing we hardly ever had any beach time, aside from hour long journeys to and from beaches - which inevitably meant sitting in sand soaked clothes, making the whole event less enjoyable - so being a literal 30 second walk from the sand and sea was perfect. Our suite was the mermaid suite, a perfectly quaint little cottage with the prettiest kitchen imaginable. Eric was the member of staff who looked after us, what a lovely man and a lovely establishment.

Room Tip: Our upstair suite shared a deck with the adjoining suite - but nobody was staying next door so prett...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellie M
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 days to celebrate my friends birthday. From the first time I called, I was in love with the place. Jeff took my reservation and checked us in - he is the perfect island host. He was fun, welcoming, and his suggestions fit us perfectly. We stayed in the Sand Dollar and had a small deck with ocean views. We were steps from the beach, perfect for moonlight beach walks - I felt safe, but what a perfect wAy to enjoy the magic and power of the waves. I loved that the only "no's" were no smoking and no lawn chairs on the beach at night for the turtle's safety. It was peaceful and beautiful - pure island magic.
I'm planning a return trip to bring my husband and/or family and no question, we'll stay at Cedar Cove. One day we watched the rain from one of the Tiki Huts. I went to the room to refresh our drinks and saw Jeff when I was returning... I'm from the Midwest and worried that maybe we weren't allowed to have alcohol... So with drinks in hand I asked Jeff, "are we allowed to take drinks", he stopped, looked at me and confirmed an affirmative with my new favorite saying "God bless America yes!". Will I be back? God bless America yes! Thanks for a perfect beach getaway!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank MadEater
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We took a last minute trip down to Sarasota and were having a difficult time finding a room for 1-night on the weekend. The Cedar Cove ended up having a last-minute cancellation and we got in. It was the perfect little beach condo and it was nice they had beach chairs and towels we could use for free. The staff were very friendly. My only complaint is that the room we rented, "The Violet", could use a little updating. The screen door was broken and posed a bit of a hazard and the kitchen cabinets were falling apart. Other than that, the shower was hot, the bed was decent, and the room was clean. It would have been nice if some coffee packets were provided with the room. We will be back for sure!!! Had a great time!

Room Tip: I think any of the room at the Cedar Cove would be great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I was ten during my family's first stay at Cedar Cove. A decade later and it's still just as quaint and quirky as the first time. When we asked the owner if the property had a pool, he promptly responded with a smile and glance towards the ocean, "the biggest one in the world." It is that simplicity and sincerity that keeps this place running smoothly. Each room, titled with its own nautical name, is cozy and the resort itself is centrally located on the island. A quick drive north to the shops or south for a bite to eat at The Beach House is just minutes away. During our stay, my family was able to take shelter underneath the tiki huts while watching Tropical Storm Andrea roll in. Something about this place made the storm a little less threatening. The next day we were able to drag the complimentary beach chairs oceanside to catch the after-storm sun rays. The staff is friendly, the vegetation is lush, and the vibes are pleasant at this piece of paradise.

Room Tip: Get an oceanside room, for quicker access.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Hannah H
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We recently stayed at the Cedar Cove for two nights. We arrived late on Friday night, and the desk personnel had arranged for us to pick up our keys. They were very nice and helpful over the phone when we booked our stay. We chose a cottage that was located across the street from the beach. The studio was clean and had all of the appliances that you would expect from a studio; a refrigerator, microwave, stove, coffee pot, etc. The only complaint is that the room might need a renovation and the bed was not the most comfortable that I have ever been on. Those are the only complaints I have of the place. The grounds are wonderfully landscaped. The complex is quaint and clean. On the beach side, there is a great beach with beach chairs, a tiki bar, a grilling area, hammocks, kayaks, etc. It is a great little area and perfect for those who are having a family vacation and staying for a while. The office staff were all great and super nice.

Room Tip: The bungalows are across the street from the beach, while the hotel rooms are on the beach side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach
Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Anna Maria

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!