There are two different kinds of accommodations at Cedar Cove and we stayed in both. An old Florida type building where we had a unit with 2 bedrooms (one without a window), 2 bathrooms, large living room and terrific huge deck with table and chairs and a view of the beach and palm trees. Window air conditioners; windows that could hardly be opened. Funky, run down, fun in April...I don't think you'd tolerate it after April. A newer building of 3 stories with semi-modern units; 1 bedroom; 1 bath; living room; tiny balcony; air conditioned; totally motel-like.
It needs to be understood that these are units like the cabins grandma used to rent at the lake 50 years ago. No maid service except when someone leaves. Extremely friendly front office folks but there's a limit to what they can do for you.
The beach is gorgeous; people nice; plenty of places to eat on Anna Maria Island or in Cortez; trolley is great otherwise you need a car. Funky and we enjoyed it but we're easy. I couldn't recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort located in the heart of your island paradise. Penthouses, gulf view suites, Key West style cottages and your own private sugar white sandy beach. Sip wine and the watch beautiful sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Hotel Holmes Beach
- Cedar Cove Resort And Cottages
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida