I am a little late writing this review but I think I can be of some help here. When my wife and I booked Cedar Cove Resort in 05 there wasn't any Trip Advisor reviews on the property yet. We wanted to stay at Angelinos a few blocks to the north but it was booked. We chose Cedar Cove based on the website alone. When we stayed the beach was being renourished. There were large 36 inch diamether pipes running in front of the property . The job was supposed to be done already but the company doing the job was running way behind schedule. As a result the beach was not as pretty as it is now. We still had fun. I brought my two person raft along and my wife and I were able to row along the shoreline in both directions. We played tennis at the courts in Holmes Beach. We rode the free trolley. I hope it's still free. We cooked most of our meals to save a little money. We did eat at a seafood place across the bridge in Cortez. It was great. I think it was Starfish something or other. It was right on the docks with the fishing boats. Nothing fancy , just good food.
I notice that some people think Cedar Cove is the best thing since sliced bread while others think it is quite repulsive. I think I can shed some light here. The accomodations run the gamut from modern beautiful units to older less attractive units. Most of the glowing reviews are from people who stayed in the newer building close to the gulf. In it can be found the living quarters which are the most modern on the property. We stayed in the Coral Reef which is in an older building which is attached to the main office. It was quite small and the furnishings were a tad old. The couch was full of sand. The cooking utensils were dated also. There was a patio which was shared with the sunset suite next door. We still had a good time though. I noticed that the pictures on the website of the units were the same ones that were on there a few years ago when we stayed. The website does not let you know that some of the units are across the street. I would have been dissapointed if I had been stuck in one of these units. A map of the property would go a long way to clear up any misconceptions that people may have about the location of the units. Cedar Cove Resort is an OK place to stay. Just make sure you know what you are getting before you book your accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort located in the heart of your island paradise. Penthouses, gulf view suites, Key West style cottages and your own private sugar white sandy beach. Sip wine and the watch beautiful sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Cove Resort And Cottages
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Hotel Holmes Beach
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida