1,136 results
All reviews tiki hut mermaid suite bamboo suite sand dollar suite sand castle anna maria island coral reef key lime private beach orchid cottage mimosa cottage the penthouse beach towels lounge chairs get away laid back beach side
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The entire town is awesome. Eric and staff are very nice and know everybody on the island. The place is clean , fresh towels daily , free beach chairs to use and umbrellas. I love this place . Also , prices are very reasonable :) restaurants and grocery stores conveniently located.

1  Thank samuel b
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This August was the eighth time my wife and I spent her birthday at the Cedar Cove and God willing will be there next year too. We stayed at the Sandcastle Penthouse suite. ( We stay in a two bedroom suite just in case I snore, then my wife sends to the other room. If she snores, then it is up to me to go to the other room if I choose. In any case she keeps the Master room and I pay for the stay. Fair enough ?).
When we first arrived, Eric and his assistant were gracious enough to carry our luggage and misc. stuff to our suite ( third floor). No tipping expected or needed. They were just being friendly and nice and at 71 years old I appreciate the help.
I immediately saw the two new wide screen TVs , new modern fridge and new furniture in the Master bedroom. But the best part is still the beautiful view from the apartment.
And yes, nearby resorts have the same water, the same sand, the same sunsets as the Cedar Cove, but the view from the Cedar Cove apartment is unbeatable. I think this is partly due to the two hutches ,coconut trees, pine trees and sea oats that you see in front of the Cedar Cove. Makes you feel you are in a pacific island.
We always stay for a week, but on the last day I always say to myself, "next year I will stay for a week and a half".
We are from Ft. Myers, FL, very close to world famous Sanibel and Captiva Island ( my wife and I go there on weekends sometimes , go and come back the same day, and they are beautiful) . Yet, every year when I ask my wife where she would prefer to spend her birthday week. Her answer is the same, Cedar Cove at Ana Maria Island. And, honestly, I have to agree. This should tell you something.

Room tip: The two penthouse suites are great. And out of these two, the Sandcastle penthouse suite offers the most privacy and quietness. Also if you stay at either penthouse suite your dedicated parking spot is under roof. Very, very convenient to keep your car under shade if you want to use your car in the afternoon.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank jrtrelles
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Loved Loved Loved this place. Clean beautiful room ... great views ... friendly staff... just 2 short minutes to all the restaurants and shopping. We will definitely stay here agian. We came all the way from NC and didn't have reservations. I made a phone call from a phone they have on the premises and within 10 minutes someone was there to give us a place to lay our head. I understand we were extremely lucky because most of their cottages are booked in advance. Thanks again Cedar Cove for the great hospitality!

1  Thank TMartinez2600
Reviewed 3 August 2014

ICU GIRL"S GETAWAY !!!!

Just returned from a girls weekend on Anna Maria Island at Cedar Cove Resort. Location was supreme and our room was clean and has everything we needed. We had full use of beach chairs, floats, hammocks and barbecue. Eric and the staff tended to our every need and made us feel at home. Restaurants and shopping very close by and there's also a beach trolley to take you wherever you wish to go. We can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This small beach hotel would work well for a short getaway. Located right on the beach, it is ideal for those who want to walk out of their rooms and on to the sand. There are no amenities such as swimming pool, restaurant or room service, but beach chairs and umbrellas are provided at no charge. We stayed in the Sunflower Cottage which is located across the street, but that was not a problem for us. It had been recently renovated and was quite charming, with a little kitchenette where light meals could be served. The downside was that the outside porch light could not be controlled by us and we had to take the bulb out in order to sleep. I had the feeling that the owners were very involved and took pride in running the place. Little touches such as the hammocks and the orchid pool added to that feeling. I would not recommend this hotel to those looking for luxury or amenities, but for us it was perfect for a quick weekend getaway.

Date of stay: June 2014