“Perfect Place for Everyone”

Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Whether its a girls weekend, family weekend, or a romantic getaway for two Cedar cove is wonderful! I discovered this paradise last year and have visited numerous times since last year. I hate to leave to go back to reality! lol All accommodations I have stayed in are beautiful & clean with everything u need. Looking forward to my next visit. Thanks to the staff for always making my stay wonderful !
Linda

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The entire town is awesome. Eric and staff are very nice and know everybody on the island. The place is clean , fresh towels daily , free beach chairs to use and umbrellas. I love this place . Also , prices are very reasonable :) restaurants and grocery stores conveniently located.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank samuel b
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This August was the eighth time my wife and I spent her birthday at the Cedar Cove and God willing will be there next year too. We stayed at the Sandcastle Penthouse suite. ( We stay in a two bedroom suite just in case I snore, then my wife sends to the other room. If she snores, then it is up to me to go to the other room if I choose. In any case she keeps the Master room and I pay for the stay. Fair enough ?).
When we first arrived, Eric and his assistant were gracious enough to carry our luggage and misc. stuff to our suite ( third floor). No tipping expected or needed. They were just being friendly and nice and at 71 years old I appreciate the help.
I immediately saw the two new wide screen TVs , new modern fridge and new furniture in the Master bedroom. But the best part is still the beautiful view from the apartment.
And yes, nearby resorts have the same water, the same sand, the same sunsets as the Cedar Cove, but the view from the Cedar Cove apartment is unbeatable. I think this is partly due to the two hutches ,coconut trees, pine trees and sea oats that you see in front of the Cedar Cove. Makes you feel you are in a pacific island.
We always stay for a week, but on the last day I always say to myself, "next year I will stay for a week and a half".
We are from Ft. Myers, FL, very close to world famous Sanibel and Captiva Island ( my wife and I go there on weekends sometimes , go and come back the same day, and they are beautiful) . Yet, every year when I ask my wife where she would prefer to spend her birthday week. Her answer is the same, Cedar Cove at Ana Maria Island. And, honestly, I have to agree. This should tell you something.

Room Tip: The two penthouse suites are great. And out of these two, the Sandcastle penthouse suite offers the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jrtrelles
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Loved Loved Loved this place. Clean beautiful room ... great views ... friendly staff... just 2 short minutes to all the restaurants and shopping. We will definitely stay here agian. We came all the way from NC and didn't have reservations. I made a phone call from a phone they have on the premises and within 10 minutes someone was there to give us a place to lay our head. I understand we were extremely lucky because most of their cottages are booked in advance. Thanks again Cedar Cove for the great hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank TMartinez2600
Reviewed 3 August 2014

ICU GIRL"S GETAWAY !!!!

Just returned from a girls weekend on Anna Maria Island at Cedar Cove Resort. Location was supreme and our room was clean and has everything we needed. We had full use of beach chairs, floats, hammocks and barbecue. Eric and the staff tended to our every need and made us feel at home. Restaurants and shopping very close by and there's also a beach trolley to take you wherever you wish to go. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This small beach hotel would work well for a short getaway. Located right on the beach, it is ideal for those who want to walk out of their rooms and on to the sand. There are no amenities such as swimming pool, restaurant or room service, but beach chairs and umbrellas are provided at no charge. We stayed in the Sunflower Cottage which is located across the street, but that was not a problem for us. It had been recently renovated and was quite charming, with a little kitchenette where light meals could be served. The downside was that the outside porch light could not be controlled by us and we had to take the bulb out in order to sleep. I had the feeling that the owners were very involved and took pride in running the place. Little touches such as the hammocks and the orchid pool added to that feeling. I would not recommend this hotel to those looking for luxury or amenities, but for us it was perfect for a quick weekend getaway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was our second stay at Cedar Cove resort. The ideal location, quaint rooms, ability to cook when we felt like it and being right on the beach makes it so special - and the price is right! Eric and staff are accommodating and always smiling, willing to do whatever we need to make our visit comfortable. We stay at many top hotels and resorts throughout the year, but somehow this trumps because the atmosphere is so casual and relaxed. We have also enjoyed meeting other guests - all as relaxed and friendly as the staff. This is a special place - not fancy but special. And we even saw turtle eggs on the beach! How cool.

Room Tip: The Flamingo suite had a great beach view and felt comfortable and remote.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach
Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Anna Maria

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!