1,112 results
All reviewstiki hutmermaid suitesand dollar suitebamboo suitesand castleanna maria islandcoral reefprivate beachkey limemimosa cottagebeach towelslounge chairsbeach sidethe kitchenlaid backpalm treesacross the street
Reviewed 1 February 2009

Cedar Cove was our first stop in our vacation. It was the best way possible to begin experiencing Florida. The resort is perfectly located on a barrier island off the coast. The island itself is laid back, relaxed and like being in Key West without making the trip. The resort reflects the island feel precisely. It is charming and classic Florida.
The best part is that it is right on the beach. The sugar white sand and azure blue Gulf is just outside the door. I felt as if I was in a Corona commercial.
The room was spotless and had a fully equipped kitchen and even a flat screen TV! It was decorated casually and tastefully.
I cannot recall feeling so welcomed than by the resort co-managers, Eric and Jeff. I had only spoken to them once over the phone, but after meeting them in person, felt as if they were old friends.
If you're looking for a warm (figuratively as well as literally) place to stay that provides a tropical feel in classic Florida, Cedar Cover resort is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2009

We recently returned home from a wonderful relaxing stay at the Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages on Holmes Beach, Fl. The resort is located on the beautiful Anna Maria Island, the water and the sand is beautiful. Our accomadations were great and everyone there does everything they can to make our stay very pleasant. It has a very relaxing atmosphere and is located near some great restraunts. We have stayed there several times over the past several years and each time has been great. We hope to go back for many years to come.

Reviewed 28 January 2009

We just returned from a too-short stay at the Cedar Cove Resort on Anna Maria Island on the gulf coast of Florida. I had read an article in USA Today in December 2008, describing Anna Maria Island as "laid back, unpretentious, friendly and fun". The article recommended Cedar Cove as a top place to stay on the island. It was totally correct.

Let me begin with making our reservations -- I phoned the resort and spoke with Eric, one of the owners. Right away, I felt like we were friends and that this was just the "homey" type of place we would want to stay. I needed to book a place with 3 sleeping spaces. Eric booked us into the Mermaid Suite -- a two bedroom suite with a small kitchen, two bathrooms and a pull-out bed in the living room -- just right for my husband and I, our son and his girlfriend.

We checked in on a Saturday afternoon. Jeff checked us in -- (I was a little disappointed that Eric was not there that day, but Jeff was terrific -- again, seemed like a friend right off the bat.) Jeff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. He walked us up to our suite and gave us lots of tips for local spots of interest. Immediately upon seeing the suite and the view of the gulf right outside our front door, I knew two days was going to be way too short of a stay at this great place.

Cedar Cove has rooms and suites right on the beach, overlooking the beautiful gulf with its amazing sunsets. There are also some rooms available directly across the street from the beach. At sunset time, everyone comes out onto the beach. We spoke with all the others out there, and everyone was just as impressed with Cedar Cove as we were. Not only are you right on the beach, but the individual attention from Eric and Jeff is amazing. They come out to the beach throughout the day just to see if everything is okay with your stay. I can't remember ever being treated like "family" the way these two guys treat you.

As I said in the beginning, this stay at Cedar Cove was too short. There is so much to see and do on Anna Maria Island that we are just going to have to return some day. When we do return we will definitely stay at Cedar Cove! For this trip, it was all about RELAXATION. We walked the beach, sat on the beach, read and just plain "chilled out". Nearby restaurants were fantastic (recommendations from Eric, Jeff and other resort guests).

All in all, this is truly a treasure on the beach!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 January 2009

My wife and I have been to the resort several times and each time the trip and stay have been wonderful. We were able to run in the morning and sink our feet in the sand or go for long walks on the beach in the afternoon. We normally plan our trip in the spring but this year the cold North drove us to vacation over New Years. The weather was very nice, temperatures were in in the upper 70's and low 80's. Nights required a light jacket but we had left on a 17 degree day so that seemed like heven. We found lots of nice restaurants in the area within a short dirve, 5 or so miles into Anna Maria and 15 or so into Long Boat Key. The variety of dinning choices has always been to our liking. Eric who is the owner has always been great at providing the most recent review of palaces to see or things to do. He has a wealth of knowledge of the area and is always available. The service at the resort is top notch with either Eric or Jeff always there to meet your needs.
It was a great trip and we will return.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank oceanspray40
Reviewed 13 January 2009

Our family stayed at Cedar Cove from December 21st thru December 31st 2008. After leaving 20 degree temperatures and snow, we were greeted by 80 degree temperatures, sunshine and the Cedar Cove staff. They make sure you are taken care of, but not in a smothering way. You just feel like family the moment you arrive. Cedar Cover was just how we remembered it, since we have stayed there twice before. The suites are comfortable and have everything you need. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The beach is the best part of being there. Plenty of sun, sand, shells, and absolutely no sense of time. We enjoyed everything from the hot tub, to the grill on the beach and the hammock. Our daily routine was to grab one of Cedar Coves lounge chairs and drag it out to our little spot on the beach and set up camp. If I had to sum it up in one word, it would be "relaxation". Next December can't get here soon enough!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)