1,112 results
All reviewstiki hutmermaid suitesand dollar suitebamboo suitesand castleanna maria islandcoral reefprivate beachkey limemimosa cottagebeach towelslounge chairsbeach sidethe kitchenlaid backpalm treesacross the street
Reviewed 7 February 2009

For the second time, my fiance and I visited Cedar Cove Resort. Our first visit in 2008 solidified our decision to return to this hidden gem. There is no better location or value on Anna Maria Island. The beautiful, shell-filled beach on the Gulf of Mexico is uncrowded and the sand is white and fine. It is very clean and the water a beautiful aqua color. There are sightings of dolphins if you are lucky, and many species of birds call this beach home. The location is convenient to fine restaurants and shopping. Our suite was clean with a kitchenette for preparing our own meals. The staff is friendly and there when you need them, but not obtrusive and they respect your privacy. It is quiet and peaceful but night life is not far away should you desire that. Many of the guests return year after year, and the setting is conducive to meeting and mingling, or not, depending on your preference. There are restaurants and stores within walking distance and a free trolly runs from one end of the island to the other. The resort also has a "beach cam" where friends and family can tune in on-line to see you on the beach and share a breathtaking sunset, or perhaps even a wedding.

My fiance and I are planning to wed at Cedar Cove and spend a relaxing honeymoon on the beach. I can't think of a better place to begin our marriage. We look forward to many visits to Cedar Cove Resort in the future.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2009

Cedar Cove Resort has become my sanctuary, my playground, my imaginary and real home away from home. I found the resort as a result of online searches last year for a place to stay while attending a conference in Bradenton (just a quick trip across the causeway). Eric and Jeff are the most wonderful hosts. I was immediately welcomed and all the stress related to travel and life in general went to some place that was easily forgotten, as I delighted in the sight of my beautiful suite. I have returned to Cedar Cove twice since then, and have enjoyed 4 of the suites offered by Cedar Cove, and one could not be more charming than the others. It was great to have a full kitchen/dining area to enjoy the fresh seafood I bought at the local fish market down the road (check out Star Fish Company, recommended by Eric!) If you prefer to cook outside, there are grills right beside a cute tiki hut, plenty of places to sit & enjoy your view of the ocean. When your tummy gets too full, you can relax on one of the great big hammocks while Ottmar Liebert is serenading you. No need to bring a beach chair, as there are plenty right there for you to use. No need to pack a towel, as you get a great, big, fluffy beach towel as soon as you check in! And if you get spaghetti sauce on your nice white hoodie, ask Jeff to help you get the stains out at the laundry room that is right there at the resort (he is amazing.) Part of me wants to keep this place my very own secret hide away, but even when there's a "No Vacancy" sign out front, it still feels so very peaceful and secluded, and everyone I've met who are sharing the resort are wonderful, friendly and gracious, young and old. This last trip was especially funny - one morning I'd slept through 2 alarms and Eric asked me that day how I slept. I told him "like a rock" and he told me they'd put in a new mattress that day while I was at the conference - I had to laugh! So, rest assured the beds are very comfortable! I have stayed at Cedar Cove with and without fellow travelers, and I enjoyed every second. In this day and age when stress seems to want to take over everything, there is a place on the Gulf of Mexico where there is Peace on Earth. On my last beach stroll at dawn before leaving for the airport, I found a beautiful intact sand dollar. I think that was God saying "come back soon!"
Teri/Appleton, WI

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank toes49
Reviewed 1 February 2009

Cedar Cove was our first stop in our vacation. It was the best way possible to begin experiencing Florida. The resort is perfectly located on a barrier island off the coast. The island itself is laid back, relaxed and like being in Key West without making the trip. The resort reflects the island feel precisely. It is charming and classic Florida.
The best part is that it is right on the beach. The sugar white sand and azure blue Gulf is just outside the door. I felt as if I was in a Corona commercial.
The room was spotless and had a fully equipped kitchen and even a flat screen TV! It was decorated casually and tastefully.
I cannot recall feeling so welcomed than by the resort co-managers, Eric and Jeff. I had only spoken to them once over the phone, but after meeting them in person, felt as if they were old friends.
If you're looking for a warm (figuratively as well as literally) place to stay that provides a tropical feel in classic Florida, Cedar Cover resort is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2009

We recently returned home from a wonderful relaxing stay at the Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages on Holmes Beach, Fl. The resort is located on the beautiful Anna Maria Island, the water and the sand is beautiful. Our accomadations were great and everyone there does everything they can to make our stay very pleasant. It has a very relaxing atmosphere and is located near some great restraunts. We have stayed there several times over the past several years and each time has been great. We hope to go back for many years to come.

Reviewed 28 January 2009

We just returned from a too-short stay at the Cedar Cove Resort on Anna Maria Island on the gulf coast of Florida. I had read an article in USA Today in December 2008, describing Anna Maria Island as "laid back, unpretentious, friendly and fun". The article recommended Cedar Cove as a top place to stay on the island. It was totally correct.

Let me begin with making our reservations -- I phoned the resort and spoke with Eric, one of the owners. Right away, I felt like we were friends and that this was just the "homey" type of place we would want to stay. I needed to book a place with 3 sleeping spaces. Eric booked us into the Mermaid Suite -- a two bedroom suite with a small kitchen, two bathrooms and a pull-out bed in the living room -- just right for my husband and I, our son and his girlfriend.

We checked in on a Saturday afternoon. Jeff checked us in -- (I was a little disappointed that Eric was not there that day, but Jeff was terrific -- again, seemed like a friend right off the bat.) Jeff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. He walked us up to our suite and gave us lots of tips for local spots of interest. Immediately upon seeing the suite and the view of the gulf right outside our front door, I knew two days was going to be way too short of a stay at this great place.

Cedar Cove has rooms and suites right on the beach, overlooking the beautiful gulf with its amazing sunsets. There are also some rooms available directly across the street from the beach. At sunset time, everyone comes out onto the beach. We spoke with all the others out there, and everyone was just as impressed with Cedar Cove as we were. Not only are you right on the beach, but the individual attention from Eric and Jeff is amazing. They come out to the beach throughout the day just to see if everything is okay with your stay. I can't remember ever being treated like "family" the way these two guys treat you.

As I said in the beginning, this stay at Cedar Cove was too short. There is so much to see and do on Anna Maria Island that we are just going to have to return some day. When we do return we will definitely stay at Cedar Cove! For this trip, it was all about RELAXATION. We walked the beach, sat on the beach, read and just plain "chilled out". Nearby restaurants were fantastic (recommendations from Eric, Jeff and other resort guests).

All in all, this is truly a treasure on the beach!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family