“second honeymoon paradise”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Pennsylvania
“second honeymoon paradise”
Reviewed 16 April 2009

We stayed in the Palm Penthouse. A spectaular view from the picture window in the living room overlooked the Gulf of Mexico and the private beach. The balcony was secluded with the palm trees giving us the feel of our private island. The suite was very clean, had a dishwasher, microwave, oven, stove and fridge. Tastefully decorated in beach theme and strick non smoking rules! Yeah! There are two bathrooms, one with a big tub for a romatic bubble bath and the other had a stall shower.
We choose this resort to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Eric and Jeff, the hosts, had a bottle of champagne and a small platter of chocolate covered strawberries, wraps, grapes, cheese and cream puffs waiting in our fridge! It was a wonderful surprise!
Some of the ammenites are gas grills, loung chairs for the beach, chairs for the water, sand toys, surf board, boogie boards and a books to borrow! On Tuesdays there is a drawing for "Queen for the day" , which I won! I was treated to a wonderful massage under the tiki hut and a gift card for dinner from a choice of 3 resturants! On Thursdays there is sign up sheet to share appetizers for a happy hour with live music! Truly a homey atmosphere to the resort!
There is a free trolley that runs about every half hour to take you from one end of the island to the other. Eric gave us a contact for airport pick up/return, Binnet, very reasonable and personable man.
Eric and Jeff were outstanding hosts throughout our stay, they were more than accomodating with a list of resturants and things to see and do. You must go to "Skinny's" and get the real flavor of Anna Maria Island! Whether you win the Queen for the week or not, you and your significant other will feel like a king and queen your whole stay.
I can't wait to return again and soak up the Florida sun!
Queen Nancy

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Kingsville, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I cannot say enough about this amazing little resort. Upon our arrival we were given a very gracious and friendly welcome . Our little condo overlooked the ocean and was soooo clan. A surprise awaited us in our refridgerator -what a touch of class. Clean towels daily,wonderful and ample chaise lounges for the beach,and a low key non-party atmosphere. If you are like us and need some quiet unwind time sitting on the ocean reading a book then this is the place for you.

new jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2009

I have been staying at Cedar Cove for 10 years and would not stay anywhere else in Florida. The staff is friendly and extremely accomadating. It is my home away from home.The suite I stay in every year is right on the Gulf and steps from beach and has perfect sunsets. I feel like family when I return each year! Kudos to Eric and his staff for making this year the best one yet.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
North Royalton
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Well let me tell you about this unbelievable place. My wife and I just left and we are ready to go back again. This is absolutely just like being in the Caribbean without having to leave the states. They have a contest where they pick a Queen and a Princess of the Resort. They refer to it as their Queen for your stay contest. My wife was picked as the Princess as I always new she was. They sent us out to a local eatery on the house and had a great time. We stayed in a cottage and it was immaculate, and very well detailed. The bed was like sleeping in dreamland.

The staff is very attentive to any of your needs and anything you need is there for you now.

Thursday night they had an entertainer that played under there beach tiki hut it was the best beach music that I have heard in awhile. The staff hands out tambourines, Maracas, bongo drums and encourages participation “it was a riot”. The age group went from mom and dad with kids to gramps and grandma what a great mix. People were singing and dancing and playing along. And then the best part the Sunset on the Gulf just spectacular.

They ask everyone that attends to bring a small food dish to the party, it was like having dinner there were so many different food groups that everyone brought. My favorite was the chicken wings. This place really has it together as a matter of fact I am talking myself into going back sooner that I expected.

There beach is spacious and uncrowded and the one thing we enjoyed is its a private. Plenty of beach chairs, and there free as opposed to renting them for the day.

Well all I can say is if you want a great vacation book here, we did and don’t regret it.

1 Thank vacationtime57
Detroit area
Reviewed 8 March 2009

As usual, our trip to Florida hit a chilly time; when we arrived for our bungalow reservation we were told there was a cancellation in the Palms Penthouse and we could stay for a discounted rate. My husband and I decided since the weather was cold we could at least have the ocean view from inside and opted for the additional $$$. The weather did warm up and we had a wonderful time at Cedar Cove...enjoying the beach from abundant lounge chairs as well as our own lanai. The sunsets were fabulous and in the morning we were suprised to see the beautiful sunrise from our bedroom window as the sun rose over the coastal waterway. We were very happy and surprised to have wi-fi so could stay in touch with business and family members. The suite was clean and comfortable. Our only complaints are we had to ask for the hairblower (after I showered and discovered there was none in the suite) and the towels are pretty rough and skimpy (especially for a $300+/night facility). If you're looking for quiet and peaceful, this is the place to go...very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My mother, father, sister and I had a wonderful time staying at the Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages in the Sunset Suite. Our suite was ideal and just a few steps away from the beach. The suite was immaculate and you could tell the entire staff takes extra care in maintaining the property. The staff of Cedar Cove Resort (especially Eric and Jeff) was very friendly, helpful, courteous, and efficient. I had the opportunity to participate in a raffle and won the title of “Queen for the Week” and had the honor of receiving a free massage, gift certificate, and relaxed one evening with other guests in the Tiki Hut listening to a great guitarist. This was one of many highlights of our stay that was fun, entertaining, and a very nice touch.
For all of the techno folks, you will find the wireless internet service access wonderful. This trip was the best medicine for me, mother, dad, and sister; as we were all pretty much exhausted from the care of my mom, who had been very ill. My prayers were answered in my hopes of bringing mama somewhere that would assist in rejuvenating her spirits and providing me the energy to keep on keeping on!
Thank God there is a Cedar Cove Resort; a place to stroll on the beach with loved ones collecting seashells, meet new people, renew the spirit, bask in the sunlight, and experience the spectacular and beautiful sunsets. You will not find the hustle and bustle found in most vacation resorts. There is more of a feel of time past, when we all lived at a slower pace. Cedar Cove Resort is a paradise found!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Filly048
Ontario
Reviewed 26 February 2009

My husband and I just happened upon Cedar Cove Resort. We liked the look of the resort, it wasn't a big hotel. We also liked that it was right on the beach. So we checked it out. When inquiring about a room, I mentioned my concern about cleanliness. Past experience has proven that not everyone has the same standards, but Eric, the owner, promised that I would not be disappointed. He was so right, the cottage we stayed in was spotless, everything was fresh and clean. The bed was very comfortable, as was the living area. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed. There was even barbeques available down by the beach. We could not have been more comfortable. High speed internet connection was another bonus.

And the beach, Oh the BEACH! One of the most beautiful I've seen. Clean white sand, beautiful shades of blue water. A perfect beach for walking, playing or just plain relaxing. When my husband felt the need to get out of the sun, he was able to relax under the tiki hut or even take a nap in one of the hammocks on the beach, while I relaxed and read in one of the many lounge chairs close by. Even when all of the cottages were full, the beach wasn't crowded.
We were even able to watch some dolphins during our late afternoon walks on the beach. And the sunsets were gorgeous!

The owners and staff were very friendly and accommodating. They were always easy to find if we had any questions or needs.

My husband and I like to travel around and try different spots, so don't often end up returning to the same resort. But, we can't wait to return Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages.

3 Thank justrollingalong
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria
Haleys Motel and Resort
Haleys Motel and Resort
#5 of 15 in Holmes Beach

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!