We stayed in the Palm Penthouse. A spectaular view from the picture window in the living room overlooked the Gulf of Mexico and the private beach. The balcony was secluded with the palm trees giving us the feel of our private island. The suite was very clean, had a dishwasher, microwave, oven, stove and fridge. Tastefully decorated in beach theme and strick non smoking rules! Yeah! There are two bathrooms, one with a big tub for a romatic bubble bath and the other had a stall shower.
We choose this resort to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Eric and Jeff, the hosts, had a bottle of champagne and a small platter of chocolate covered strawberries, wraps, grapes, cheese and cream puffs waiting in our fridge! It was a wonderful surprise!
Some of the ammenites are gas grills, loung chairs for the beach, chairs for the water, sand toys, surf board, boogie boards and a books to borrow! On Tuesdays there is a drawing for "Queen for the day" , which I won! I was treated to a wonderful massage under the tiki hut and a gift card for dinner from a choice of 3 resturants! On Thursdays there is sign up sheet to share appetizers for a happy hour with live music! Truly a homey atmosphere to the resort!
There is a free trolley that runs about every half hour to take you from one end of the island to the other. Eric gave us a contact for airport pick up/return, Binnet, very reasonable and personable man.
Eric and Jeff were outstanding hosts throughout our stay, they were more than accomodating with a list of resturants and things to see and do. You must go to "Skinny's" and get the real flavor of Anna Maria Island! Whether you win the Queen for the week or not, you and your significant other will feel like a king and queen your whole stay.
I can't wait to return again and soak up the Florida sun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort located in the heart of your island paradise. Penthouses, gulf view suites, Key West style cottages and your own private sugar white sandy beach. Sip wine and the watch beautiful sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, HRS, Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Hotel Holmes Beach
- Cedar Cove Resort And Cottages
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida