1,112 results
All reviewstiki hutmermaid suitesand dollar suitebamboo suitesand castleanna maria islandcoral reefprivate beachkey limemimosa cottagebeach towelslounge chairsbeach sidethe kitchenlaid backpalm treesacross the street
Reviewed 16 April 2009

We stayed in the Palm Penthouse. A spectaular view from the picture window in the living room overlooked the Gulf of Mexico and the private beach. The balcony was secluded with the palm trees giving us the feel of our private island. The suite was very clean, had a dishwasher, microwave, oven, stove and fridge. Tastefully decorated in beach theme and strick non smoking rules! Yeah! There are two bathrooms, one with a big tub for a romatic bubble bath and the other had a stall shower.
We choose this resort to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Eric and Jeff, the hosts, had a bottle of champagne and a small platter of chocolate covered strawberries, wraps, grapes, cheese and cream puffs waiting in our fridge! It was a wonderful surprise!
Some of the ammenites are gas grills, loung chairs for the beach, chairs for the water, sand toys, surf board, boogie boards and a books to borrow! On Tuesdays there is a drawing for "Queen for the day" , which I won! I was treated to a wonderful massage under the tiki hut and a gift card for dinner from a choice of 3 resturants! On Thursdays there is sign up sheet to share appetizers for a happy hour with live music! Truly a homey atmosphere to the resort!
There is a free trolley that runs about every half hour to take you from one end of the island to the other. Eric gave us a contact for airport pick up/return, Binnet, very reasonable and personable man.
Eric and Jeff were outstanding hosts throughout our stay, they were more than accomodating with a list of resturants and things to see and do. You must go to "Skinny's" and get the real flavor of Anna Maria Island! Whether you win the Queen for the week or not, you and your significant other will feel like a king and queen your whole stay.
I can't wait to return again and soak up the Florida sun!
Queen Nancy

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I cannot say enough about this amazing little resort. Upon our arrival we were given a very gracious and friendly welcome . Our little condo overlooked the ocean and was soooo clan. A surprise awaited us in our refridgerator -what a touch of class. Clean towels daily,wonderful and ample chaise lounges for the beach,and a low key non-party atmosphere. If you are like us and need some quiet unwind time sitting on the ocean reading a book then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2009

I have been staying at Cedar Cove for 10 years and would not stay anywhere else in Florida. The staff is friendly and extremely accomadating. It is my home away from home.The suite I stay in every year is right on the Gulf and steps from beach and has perfect sunsets. I feel like family when I return each year! Kudos to Eric and his staff for making this year the best one yet.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Well let me tell you about this unbelievable place. My wife and I just left and we are ready to go back again. This is absolutely just like being in the Caribbean without having to leave the states. They have a contest where they pick a Queen and a Princess of the Resort. They refer to it as their Queen for your stay contest. My wife was picked as the Princess as I always new she was. They sent us out to a local eatery on the house and had a great time. We stayed in a cottage and it was immaculate, and very well detailed. The bed was like sleeping in dreamland.

The staff is very attentive to any of your needs and anything you need is there for you now.

Thursday night they had an entertainer that played under there beach tiki hut it was the best beach music that I have heard in awhile. The staff hands out tambourines, Maracas, bongo drums and encourages participation “it was a riot”. The age group went from mom and dad with kids to gramps and grandma what a great mix. People were singing and dancing and playing along. And then the best part the Sunset on the Gulf just spectacular.

They ask everyone that attends to bring a small food dish to the party, it was like having dinner there were so many different food groups that everyone brought. My favorite was the chicken wings. This place really has it together as a matter of fact I am talking myself into going back sooner that I expected.

There beach is spacious and uncrowded and the one thing we enjoyed is its a private. Plenty of beach chairs, and there free as opposed to renting them for the day.

Well all I can say is if you want a great vacation book here, we did and don’t regret it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacationtime57
Reviewed 8 March 2009

As usual, our trip to Florida hit a chilly time; when we arrived for our bungalow reservation we were told there was a cancellation in the Palms Penthouse and we could stay for a discounted rate. My husband and I decided since the weather was cold we could at least have the ocean view from inside and opted for the additional $$$. The weather did warm up and we had a wonderful time at Cedar Cove...enjoying the beach from abundant lounge chairs as well as our own lanai. The sunsets were fabulous and in the morning we were suprised to see the beautiful sunrise from our bedroom window as the sun rose over the coastal waterway. We were very happy and surprised to have wi-fi so could stay in touch with business and family members. The suite was clean and comfortable. Our only complaints are we had to ask for the hairblower (after I showered and discovered there was none in the suite) and the towels are pretty rough and skimpy (especially for a $300+/night facility). If you're looking for quiet and peaceful, this is the place to go...very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple