1,112 results
All reviewstiki hutmermaid suitesand dollar suitebamboo suitesand castleanna maria islandcoral reefprivate beachkey limemimosa cottagebeach towelslounge chairsbeach sidethe kitchenlaid backpalm treesacross the street
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We wanted a nice weekend get away to celebrate our anniversary. I decided to spend a little extra and stay on the beach, in a beach front room. After checking the reviews, and the resort's web site, I picked one of the "penthouse" suites at Cedar Cove. The room was perfect! We had a balcony that overlooked the beach and the gulf. It's a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit. The master bedroom has a window that also overlooks the beach. There is a full bath with a walk-in shower off of the living area. The second bedroom had an en suite bathroom with a soaking tub, with a shower. There is also a full kitchen. Everything was so clean and in good condition.Everyone at the Resort was friendly and helpful. The lady who checked us in showed us to our room and offered to help carry our luggage up to our room. You do have to walk up three flights of stairs to get to the room but it's worth it.
There is a convenience store (Circle K) within a couple of blocks with a nice restaurant (Sharkey's) right next to the store. There are other restaurants that are within walking distance also.
We will be back. Maybe not to the same room, but the resort offers several other accommodations at varying prices. But for a special occasion, the suite was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MrInnkeeper, Manager at Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

We welcome your thoughts and they will be shared with our staff.

Thank you for allowing us to host you...

We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My boyfriend and I had a trip planned to Sarasota to visit my dad. We only stayed at my dad's for a few nites and needed a place to stay for an additional 3 nites. I searched for hotels on Anna Maria Island that looked nice...there were 3 that i was considering. One of them never called me back after leaving 3 or 4 messages...they were out! The other one seemed nice enough...then there was Cedar Cove Resort...I really liked the look of the cottages on the website. It seemed nice and cozy and quaint. Everytime I called the office, either looking for rate and availibility or to reserve the room, Stephanie was very nice and pleasant. I just had a nice, warm feeling about it. So we gave it a try.
we stayed in the Sanddollar suite, facing the gulf.The view was amazing and the suite itself was really nice! You always get that hesitation when you open the door, but we were pleasantly surprised. The kitchen was nice, even though we never cooked there. The king bed was comfy and the view from the bedroom was just as beautiful. Every morning we enjoyed our coffee on the deck! Eric was super nice in showing us different things about the resort. Also on our last day our flight wasnt until 8 at nite so we wanted to spend the day enjoying the beach...and Eric showed us a shower we could use before our trip back home...that was nice...
the beach at Cedar Cove is really nice and not crowded at all. I think there were maybe 2 other couples there..We saw dolphins and manatees swimming by. They also have floats to use to float around.
Anna Maria Island itself was really nice. This was my first time there..One nite we went to the free music at the public beach, which was cool. One nite we went to dinner at the Sandbar...very yummy and great views at sunset!
all in all our short trip to Anna Maria Island was great, thanks to Cedar Cove resort. We def will return there. Any room you choose there is a good choice...they all have decks/patios with chair and table, which i like..and most have a view of the beach. You cant go wrong with Cedar Cove Resort! I've already been asked at least 4 or 5 times about where i stayed! Best kept secret on the island :)

Room Tip: any room is a good room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MrInnkeeper, Manager at Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

We thank you for your lovely comments about your recent experience at Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages.

We are delighted to read that you had a great time and enjoyed your beautiful room with a gorgeous view of the Gulf of Mexico. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your nice comments with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our charming resort.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My friend and I were on a journey, we had not decided on a place to stay yet. We had plane tickets and that's it. We landed and got in the rental car and set off to find the perfect place to have some quiet time and reset. We drove and drove and nothing caught our eye until we pulled up to Cedar Cove. Immediately, we fell in love. We walked in and were met by Eric who was so nice, we seemed like immediate friends. We talked for a few minutes and he knew exactly what we needed. He showed us our cottage to make sure it's what we had in mind and it was absolutely perfect!! I could not have asked for anything else. We stayed in the Sunset cottage which has 2 bedrooms (can open to 3 and an extra bath but we didn't need it) and one bath, full kitchen and living area. My favorite, covered patio which I loved. If I wasn't on the beach or hammock, you could find my on the patio. Eric and his staff were amazing, they would always speak and ask if we needed anything without being intrusive at all. If you needed anything, all you had to do is ask and they delivered. We had access to anything we needed for the beach and our cottage. I will definitely be back and I hope sooner than later, simply the best stay ever. Thank you Eric for an amazing place to stay and the family friendly environment that was like home away from home.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunset Cottage which was ground level with a covered patio.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank _debrafox1

It was our pleasure having you as our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review.

The Sunset Suite is absolutely one of our most requested suites, people love the covered patio and being just a few steps away from our white sandy beach. We are also pleased that you were satisfied with the service provided during your stay. It is our goal to provide our guest nothing but rest and relaxation during their visit.

We are certainly glad to read that you appreciated your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have visited Anna Maria Island on numerous occasions over the last 25 years, but had never stayed at Cedar Cove. We were very impressed! We stayed in the Palm Penthouse. As soon as we entered our suite me were struck with the fact it was remarkably immaculate. The furnishing were perfect and it had everything we needed for our stay. When we checked in Eric was very thorough in explaining everything we needed to know. In the common area right off the beach was a neat tiki hut like structure were you can hang out. There are lots of seating and beach chairs available. Also there are gas grills if you want to cookout. We were so impressed that we asked for information on bringing ours sons and their family's here for a family vacation. The very nice lady in the office was extremely helpful in supplying all the information we needed. We love Anna Maria Island and discovering Cedar Cove will make it even better. We will definitely be back!

Ron, Palm Coast, Florida

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MrInnkeeper, Manager at Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

We would like to thank you for your lovely comments and taking the time to share your recent experience at Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages.

We are delighted to read that you had a great time and enjoyed your beautiful room. The Palm Penthouse also offers a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoying the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets from your private balcony is always a great way to start or end your day of relaxation.

We are also pleased you that you were satisfied with the service provided during your stay. We will share your comments with our team who will be honored.

We look forward to welcoming you and your sons with their family's.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

From beginning to the end, Eric and his team made sure our 35th Anniversary was a very memorable time. This is especially commendable as our stay preceded and then was interrupted by Hurricane Irma. Anna Marie Island is a magical place with Cedar Cove Resort being an integral part of the overall experience. Cedar Cove will most likely be part of our annual travel plans from this point forward! I highly recommend everything about it - especially the location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MrInnkeeper, Manager at Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments about your resent experience at Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages.

We are delighted to read that you had a great time and enjoyed your 35th wedding anniversary, even though it was interrupted by Hurricane Irma.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Cove.