We booked our 2008 reservations during our 2007 vacation as we learned to do in prior years. This years vacation lasted seven + weeks and became somewhat complex as we needed additional time due to two separate visits involving several of our grandchildren . The owners arranged for a private home a few steps from the Gulf to handle three grandchildren and their parents.
We decided to start our vacation a few days early due to a looming snowstorm in CT. We had to call from the car while traveling through from Jacksonville to get the additional days. Our villa was ready when we arrived 4 hours later.
This property faces the Gulf and "every" night we have a sunset in front of our villa/rooms. This property is located in the middle of a quaint and quiet island a few miles north of Sarasota and Longboat Key. There are numerous restaurants on the island within 10 minutes of Harrington House.
Breakfast is served every morning and the owner is always present and is fully involved during the service. Views at breakfast include people walking on the beach, diving pelicans, dolphins and the endless sound of waves from the Gulf of Mexico.
This is a wonderful quite property that allows one to recharge their batteries.
Our 2009 vacation will be for three months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come savor intimate charm and casual elegance of Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast, one of Florida’s most highly rated Bed & Breakfast Inns located on a tranquil bit of paradise known as Anna Maria Island. The stunning sunsets, soothing rhythm of waves on the white sugar sand beaches, and warm hospitality – combine to create that perfect getaway. Tropical surroundings and serenity top the list of amenities. Savor a new gourmet breakfast selection every day from our collection of recipes prepared by our own professional chefs. Relax in the living room, a gathering place where visitors become friends. All rooms have private baths, color cable TV, air conditioning and free wireless internet. Many of the rooms have French doors leading to balconies, overlooking the pool and the Gulf of Mexico. Once you visit the Harrington House, you will want to return again and again. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harrington House Beachfront Hotel Holmes Beach
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed And Breakfast
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida