The best review I can give is that I WOULD go back and I would NOT change a thing.
What we liked -
The Service - The innkeeper, Jo, was a top notch, genuine hostess. What's more - her staff is so incredibly cheerful and welcoming. From the remembering how I take my coffee to moving our belongings mid-trip to enjoy another room at the House, the staff was top notch. The people here connect you to the property and you won't find that in some condo you rent for the week.
The Property - Initially bummed that the pool was modestly sized, we found ourselves more than satisfied. Perfect temp plus no kids makes the pool seem even bigger. The gardens and lights make this property seem magical at night. Everything was in good condition.
Our room - we enjoyed both the Primrose and the Birdsong which feature a wrap around deck and stunning views. With screened doors, we shut-off the AC and enjoyed the sound of waves all night.
We've stayed in a bunch of beach properties through the years - both high and low end. Even the nice properties were hard to differentiate from the next because they just delivered the standards. Harrington is special because it really differentiates itself by being completely unique.
Things to know -
Visitors leave behind those things they can't take with them - the pool floats, beach umbrellas, sunblock. Don't stop at Publix on your way in because chances are - someone left behind what you need.
Harrington has an abundance of bikes so no need to rent. Island is flat so peddle over to lunch or dinner. Easy to get around and lovely to explore.
They also have kayaks and beach chairs.
So you know I'm not a complete push-over - here's the one thing I'd change - the low powered wall mount hair dryer. If you spend anytime at all on blowing out your hair - bring your own.
This isn't an ordinary beach rental and if you come as a couple, you will find yourself very comfortable at Harrington House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come savor intimate charm and casual elegance of Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast, one of Florida’s most highly rated Bed & Breakfast Inns located on a tranquil bit of paradise known as Anna Maria Island. The stunning sunsets, soothing rhythm of waves on the white sugar sand beaches, and warm hospitality – combine to create that perfect getaway. Tropical surroundings and serenity top the list of amenities. Savor a new gourmet breakfast selection every day from our collection of recipes prepared by our own professional chefs. Relax in the living room, a gathering place where visitors become friends. All rooms have private baths, color cable TV, air conditioning and free wireless internet. Many of the rooms have French doors leading to balconies, overlooking the pool and the Gulf of Mexico. Once you visit the Harrington House, you will want to return again and again. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed And Breakfast
- Harrington House Beachfront Hotel Holmes Beach
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida