I just returned a few hours ago from my stay in the Harrington House and I wanted to write a review while my stay was fresh in my mind.
I was staying with a friend at another rental that became too crowded so on the spur of the moment I drove down the beach and checked out Harrington House.
The first thing I must comment on was the friendly staff. We were met with a very pleasant agent who was extremely accomodating. She had someone show us three rooms and we chose one that best suited our needs.
We spent our first night in the Carriage House and it was the better (and cheaper) of the two rooms we stayed in. It was on the second floor, large, comfortable, impeccably clean and had a private balcony. There are five rooms on the second floor and there is also a common area with a spacious seating area, small kitchen and dining table. If you were so inclined you could cook your meals there. It would be a nice place for a family vacation where private rooms were a priority.
We had to change rooms the next day because the room we were in was booked.We moved to the Spindrift which is in the main house. Much smaller and darker but it opens onto the pool. With a smaller bed and tiny TV it wasn't worth the extra money to us to stay close to the pool.
The main house has a very large common area with fireplace and library. Movies are available in the library but the selection is limited. The breakfast area is in the main house and has views of the pool and ocean. The decor is vintage and lovely. The breakfast was hearty and we had a choice of eggs with spinach and cheese and a nice french toast with apple compote. It was served on vintage china which appealed to me. Coffee and cookies are kept out all day and the cookies taste homeade.
Amenities are plentiful and complimentary. Beach bikes, umbrellas, kayaks, towels, lounge chairs and rafts are all available to guests. Nice to not have to pack beach supplies.
Anyone not familiar with the Gulf will find it warm and calm with soft, white sandy beaches. The grounds are lovely with nice brick walks, sea grapes, fountains, sea oats and several restaurants nearby. Having rented several condos and homes on Anna Maria in the past I would place this quaint B&B at the top of my list and will be returning on a yearly basis. It far surpasses any other rentals on the Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come savor intimate charm and casual elegance of Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast, one of Florida’s most highly rated Bed & Breakfast Inns located on a tranquil bit of paradise known as Anna Maria Island. The stunning sunsets, soothing rhythm of waves on the white sugar sand beaches, and warm hospitality – combine to create that perfect getaway. Tropical surroundings and serenity top the list of amenities. Savor a new gourmet breakfast selection every day from our collection of recipes prepared by our own professional chefs. Relax in the living room, a gathering place where visitors become friends. All rooms have private baths, color cable TV, air conditioning and free wireless internet. Many of the rooms have French doors leading to balconies, overlooking the pool and the Gulf of Mexico. Once you visit the Harrington House, you will want to return again and again. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harrington House Beachfront Hotel Holmes Beach
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed And Breakfast
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida