We stayed here for two nights. This was our second stay with the Harrington House (last time we stayed at one of the Bungalows). The house is located about two blocks away from the main house. It has a carport (which is great for the hot Florida sun). When you walk through the main door you are in the dining room and that shoots into the living room and then the kitchen to the left with a two chair table. Kitchen is fully equipped with every thing you will need to cook with (Publix grocery store is not too far away). We booked it for the private pool. It is a cute little pool to play around in. It has an outside deck with a table and chairs. The only problem is that we were being bitten by sand fleas (off did not work). We did tell the Harrington House and they apologized and said that the bug people would not be out until Monday, so we did not hang out on the deck area. We would have to run to the pool and hope they one did not hitch a ride with us.
The bedrooms were cute, one with a queen and the other with two twins (get for teenagers or younger kids). Each bedroom had a TV, so there were a total of three in the house. Did not care for the furniture while watching TV, was very uncomfortable to watch a movie. The bathroom is showing its age, the wallpaper was falling down a little.
The breakfast was yummy as usual and the staff is very friendly. We had our own beach chairs and umbrella for the beach. Love the beach, only us and two other couples (on the area of the Harrington House) and a beautiful sunset.
The Harrington House is very romantic, but families are allowed there too. Next time I think we will book in the main house or one of the rooms on the beach.
I would recommend this house to anyone that does not mind not being right on the beach and wants the private pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come savor intimate charm and casual elegance of Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast, one of Florida’s most highly rated Bed & Breakfast Inns located on a tranquil bit of paradise known as Anna Maria Island. The stunning sunsets, soothing rhythm of waves on the white sugar sand beaches, and warm hospitality – combine to create that perfect getaway. Tropical surroundings and serenity top the list of amenities. Savor a new gourmet breakfast selection every day from our collection of recipes prepared by our own professional chefs. Relax in the living room, a gathering place where visitors become friends. All rooms have private baths, color cable TV, air conditioning and free wireless internet. Many of the rooms have French doors leading to balconies, overlooking the pool and the Gulf of Mexico. Once you visit the Harrington House, you will want to return again and again. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harrington House Beachfront Hotel Holmes Beach
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed And Breakfast
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, Florida