“BEST STAY ON ISLAND”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Anna Maria Pirates Den
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed 21 January 2010

We have been going to Anna Maria Island for many years. We have stayed at 7 different places on the Island, Pirates Den is by far the BEST place so far. The owners are very accomadating and made our stay wonderful. I would recommend Pirates Den to any age group and for any occasion.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aclayj

Reviewed 14 December 2009

Maree and Dave at the Pirate's Den are people you could call friends. They went out of their way to supply us with local information and made sure that our unit was to our satisfaction. We will be bring friends and family back here and we recommend you do too. Three pieces of advice: bring a beach towel, bring bug spray and if you're a jerk, stay off the island. They supply many towels but no beach towels; no one on the island does. At night, the bugs are abundant through out the island. Lastly, everyone on the island is soo nice, including Maree and Dave.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AMI_Beach_Bum
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Wonderful place to relax run by lovely people.
Located 2 minutes from the beach.
Anytime again.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank fondofflorida
Reviewed 13 November 2009

My wife and were taking a little four day trip arriving at Tampa airport. Having been to Anna Maria several years ago, we decided to return since we liked it so much. I did not want to book a place to stay ahead of time though since I did not want to lose any money if for some reason our flight was delayed or canceled. I got on the phone a couple of days before we left and called some of the places I thought I would like to stay to see if they might have any availability. Some did and some didn't. When I called the Pirate's Den Maree said that she would pencil me in for the dates I wanted. They do not take credit cards and since our stay was only in a couple of days there was no way to mail a check to her in time. She was willing to hold our room for us based only on me telling her that we wished to stay here. Right away I knew this was the place for us. When we landed in Tampa, we got our rental car and started the drive south. My wife called to tell Maree that we were on our way. When we arrived we were shown to our room which was #6 which is part of the cottage. It was great. There was a living room, well stocked kitchen, bedroom with two beds, and a good sized bathroom even with a scale. There was a private patio with a gas grill. Also included was our own private outside shower. The beach was a short walk away. We were able to walk to the Publix as well as the other stores. We ate at the Old Hamburg German restaurant one night. It is within walking distance and quite authentic. A good and varied selection of German beers on tap. We had a good supply of towels for the bathroom as well as the beach. It was quite hot and the pool was quite refreshing. My wife and I took advantage of the bikes on hand and rode up to Bean Point as well down into Bradenton Beach. We tried a little beach cruising but did not get too far as the sand was a little to soft. We chewed the fat with Dave quite a bit. He has some interesting stories. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. This is not a super fancy place. If you need super fancy look elsewhere, and be prepared to pay the price.
PS Although the pool seemed fine to me they are going to have it updated. I believe Dave said it would be the last week of Nov. or the first week of Dec. 09

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheltercove
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We recently stayed at the pirates den for 5 days with my wife and two children in unit 3 and my parents in a cottage. We have ABSOLUTELY NO complaints and lots of praise for the Pirates Den and the proprietors, Dave and Maree. Pirates Den is across a litely travelled street from the beach, around the corner from the grocery store, and close to the free trolley stop. The unit was very clean, the furniture nice, the beds comfortable, the bathrooms clean and updated. Having planned ahead, we brought a wagon on vacation to load up the beach items to carry to the beach along with the small children. We would highly recommend Pirates Den and will be staying there again in the years to come.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

A group of seven family members stayed in apts. 1&3 . We felt absolutely welcomed by the owners, Dave and Maree. They were so genuinely friendly and full of info about area
restaurants and attractions! The rooms were spacious and clean; there were bbq grills
available complete with utensils just outside by the pool. In the screened sitting area by the pool there were comfy chairs and even a selection of books for guests to enjoy! The
beach was just a very short stroll across the street. I would much prefer the Pirates Den
to any of the impersonal high-rise hotels along the beach. This was the most relaxing
vacation I've had in years!

Reviewed 16 August 2009

The Pirate's Den is truly the old Florida style. The entire stay was so relaxing we didn't want to leave. We stayed in apts. 1 and 3, and the rooms were inviting and super clean. The Proprietors, Dave and Maree, were so friendly and hospitable, seemed as if we had known them for years. We will definately go back! M. Rhodes (Robbins family)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmes Beach
3 mi away
Sunrise Garden Resort
Sunrise Garden Resort
#1 of 3 in Anna Maria

Been to Anna Maria Pirates Den? Share your experiences!