“Good sushi, but bad service and cooked food.”
Review of Fuji Asian Bistro

Fuji Asian Bistro
Ranked #41 of 59 Restaurants in Homosassa
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Phone # (352) 628-1888
Description: Phone # (352) 628-1888
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I ordered the sushi which was good......the eel tasted odd, but nonetheless I let it slide. Then I got my panang cury which I ordered with seafood. I got chicken. I sent it back and not but 4 minutes later got the seafood one. I tasted it and was VERY turned off. I spit out the shrimp into my napkin because it tasted undercooked. It was like spicy rubber, BARELY tasted like shrimp. The sauce also tasted like it was burnt. I sent THAT back......I've had panang for YEARS and this was not panang. After that, the waitress was snotty and even kept shooting me nasty looks! I even heard her talking to someone about my complaints which I thought was VERY unprofessional. I would have gone back if they were more courteous about it, but the attitude of the staff assured I won't be visiting again.

3  Thank Lisa C

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We have been going to Fuji Asian Bistro for about 5 years and we always like the food. Always.

My complaint is not with the food. We went last Saturday night and our waitress was new (she told us she was new) but she was pleasant enough. No problem with her really. However there was a guy waiter there. Young kid with dark hair. He hovered and was overly friendly, constantly at our table, making jokes, just basically interfering with us enjoying our dinner. He was asking us about dessert before we were halfway through with our dinner. Plus we weren't even his table!

Then, apparently our waitress got stiffed by a table of six, which is unfortunate, but it happens. Part of the business, you deal with it. I have waitressed for years, so you just have to learn to take the good with the bad. Anyway, our waitress got stiffed, so the annoying waiter proceeds to tell us about it. Very tacky. Does he expect us to feel bad and overtip? No, I don't think so. If the other table didn't tip, that's not my problem, and maybe there was a reason they didn't tip. Either way, it's not my responsibility to make up for up. Go back in the kitchen and complain that you got stiffed, don't tell other customers about it. That's very unprofessional and very tacky.

Then, our waitress tells us the same story, about how she got stiffed by the other table. So, now she's acting unprofessional as well. She was all right up until that point, but she crossed the line.

I have always been happy with the food at this place but will really think twice before I go back. If either of those servers are there next time I go, I will probably leave, seriously. I don't want to eat with some smarmy kid trying to suck up to me and constantly interrupting my dinner. Maybe some people want/need all that attention when they go out to eat, but I certainly don't. I go out to dinner to spend time with my boyfriend, not to listen to the waiter's patter for 45 minutes.

It's a real shame because Charlie is always so nice, and we have always enjoyed the food.

2  Thank massflorida
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We Love Asian Bistro's we frequent them all the time! So while we was down that way working I had picked up a newspaper... There it was Sushi!!! Well Sunday afternoon Husband, Son & Myself headed that way after a long drive. At first I was like this is really cute.. we ordered the waitress seemed scattered. Not well experienced at all! There was 4 tables with customers, Brought the drinks and no straws... brought the soup... there was a ROACH... when the waitress came back to the table we showed her discreetly...Ready she SAYS .... Oh no would you like another BOWL!!!! REALLY.... at this point I was sick to my stomach... them the seared Tuna came... NOPE! The Rice the guys said tasted like chemicals.... So 87 Dollars later... with NO TIP! we was out the door! No one ever said sorry nothing! Glad I NEVER have to see this place again! This is the 1st review that I have ever wrote that was bad! Im NOT SORRY!

2  Thank Missy S
Reviewed 9 June 2013

they must not have been prepared for the crowd that came, many complaints,
sad because first time we went it was excellent.

2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Wow! this place was really good. We stopped for lunch before visiting Homosassa Springs State Park and turned into a little strip mall, almost in back of the park. I had the sesame chicken lunch special; soup, egg roll and entree were all great. The menu offers standard Chinese dishes, but also noodles Indonesian style, Thai style, Singapore style and Japanese style. There's Sushi and Sashimi, which we did not try. A "gator roll" is available for the adventurous. The chef was friendly and visited our table. Totally beats the fast-food options along the highway. Closed on Mondays.