The Chassahowitzka Hotel
US$73
Official Hotel
Plantation on Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$116
AscendHotels
Hampton Inn Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$143
Hampton.com
US$85
US$82
King's Bay Lodge(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$100
Best Western Crystal River Resort(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$120
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$120
Hotels.com
US$80
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgolf tripworld woodsold floridayogurtfirst floorearly eveninggreat historygreat placecommon areaslong weekenddouble bedlate checkjefftreasuremidsthairdryerkey
Reviewed 31 January 2013

A group of a dozen of us stayed at the 'Chass' for a four day golf trip. We have been going for several years and have already booked for next year. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, and they set up all our golf without a hitch. The rooms were clean and comfortable and there is a nice common area where we could talk, watch a big-screen TV, have a drink (our own wine so it was very reasonable) and relax.

2  Thank ReginaldF512
Reviewed 24 January 2013

David and the rest of the staff truly know how to make your visit special for your chosen activity in the are. Mine was golf with a large group and the relaxed accommodations and excellent meals were exactly what we needed to enjoy ourselves on our trip. A wonderful experience and we plan to be back again next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Chazzhotel, Manager at The Chassahowitzka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

We look forward to you and the guys coming back next year. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share you experience with other guests and potential guests. In closing I will leave with the words of Paul Harvey. ""Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five."

Reviewed 22 January 2013

My group has been making a pilgrimage to this hidden gem of a B&B about an hour north of Tampa airport for quite a few years. With great golfing at World Woods only a few minutes away it is a perfect location. It is clean, comfortable and spacious. Dave and his staff go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. It feels like visiting old friends. Generally the accomodations do require a willingness to share both bedrooms and bathrooms. If privacy is a must you will want to get one of the limited number of single rooms or you may want to pick someplace else. But it will be your loss. We get a package with daily breakfast and dinner. The food is plentiful and excellent. Because we have a large group we are the only guests in the hotel which feels more like home or a golfers' frat house. Nights after dinner spent gathered around the large screen TV, playing cards or just sitting out on the large porch with a glass of wine or bottle of beer are perfect. Can't wait till our next trip.

Room Tip: There are a limited number of single rooms available and the rooms adjoining the bathrooms can be a little noisy if you are sensitive to that.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

We appreciate the kind words and always appreciate having you guys with us. I thought you and the guys would enjoy this one. See you next year.

A little girl was at her first golf lesson when she asked an interesting question: “Is the word spelled p-u-t or p-u-t-t?” she asked the instructor. “P-u-t-t is correct,” he replied. “Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing.”

Reviewed 22 January 2013

The Chassahowitzka Hotel has been perfect for out annual golf outings. The rooms are comfortable, the nearby golf outstanding, the staff gracious, and the common areas perfect for gathering together. And, oh, the family-style home cooked meals simply can't be beat. We've gathered here for nearly ten years running and can't think of going anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

We always enjoy having you and your group stay with us year after year. It's liking welcoming back family.
It is always our pleasure making sure you all have a great stay. Looking forward to next year.
Your kindness to our staff does not go unnoticed, thank you. Until we see you again remember this, "Golf starts with great expectations and ends in pleasant memories".

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I found myself looking for to get in touch with nature, my quest lead me to the Chassahowitzka River. Arriving late on a Sunday I had no idea where I will spend the night, the Chassahowitzka Hotel and some beat up summer lodge were my only two options. After looking at the lodge and being very put off I looked to the Hotel only to find it closed-after all it was a Sunday night and it was off season. However, one of the employees of the hotel lived right by the hotel and saw me investigating the building. She quickly suggests that she can open up the hotel just for me. AND THANK GOD she did. The place was large, clean and very cozy , I felt like I was right at home, Sure it felt a bit strange being the only one in the Hotel for the night but with out a doubt I felt like I was safe and that was very important to me considering that I thought I might end up sleeping in the car for the night. In the morning the there was breakfast and I was able to get on with my nature adventure in the Chassahowitzka River. Will be back, would 100% recommend the place if you are in the area. BTW The river and the outpost where I rented by Kayaks for $30 4 the WHOLE DAY was great too.

Room Tip: My room did not have windows so, falling asleep and waking up was strange since there is not sunlight in the room. But there are other rooms that do have windows. My fault for not noticing this when picking out the room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends