“Very Disappointing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Homosassa
Homosassa River Retreat
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We visited on a Saturday during the annual Copia Tournament. We were on a road trip and only there for 1 night, which is actually all we could have tolerated any way. I did not have high expectations since I knew it was basically a fishing camp, but from the descriptions of the hotel rooms, I did expect clean and functional. My husband cannot walk long distances so I first called in April and made a specific room request to be as close to the restaurant and bar as possible. When we checked in our room was the furthest room from the restaurant as you could get. It all began with check in.The tournament head quarters was actually across the street at another motel / marina, but cars and trucks were parked all over the property, No parking was available anywhere near our room. When I asked where we could park I was told to find a spot anywhere I could. No parking was reserved for hotel guests. I guess we should have left right then, but we had driven several hours that day and were tired. After we checked in we went immediately to the restaurant for a couple of before dinner drinks and dinner. When I explained my husband could not climb stairs,the restaurant manager was very courteous and let us sit inside and relax before dinner instead of having to go to the bar upstairs. After dinner we returned to our room to wash up and retire for the night. This is when we discovered there was no running water in the sink. It had a rusted out hole in the sink and I guess their solution was turn off the water! It was late so I just used bottled water to brush my teeth and went to bed. When I checked out in the morning I told the desk clerk about the bathroom sink and also about a huge cigarette burn on the toilet seat. Since we were in a non smoking room with a fine for smoking ( which we do not ) I did not want to be charged for the burn. He did not seem very concerned about the issues in the room. He asked how far we had traveled and based on this information offered us a $15 gift certificate to use on our next visit. I declined since I did not see us returning from N.Texas to visit this place. I debated between this "resort" the the Best Western in Crystal Springs. We saw it on the way out and I so wish I had made the decision to stay there!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pssprinkle

Reviewed 13 March 2012

we spent the day crabbing off the dock and enjoying the owner and his friends company - made us feel welcomed and at home right away - basically a fish camp so nothing fancy - clean but if a little rust on the refrigerator bothers you look elsewhere - if you like to hang out on the river and fish with a cold one this is a fun place - hard a heck to find so watch for sign or call and the owner will stand out on the road and wave you down

Room Tip: if early to bed go away from the river rooms