“Convenient to Homosassa River”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homosassa
MacRae's of Homosassa
Ranked #1 of 3 Homosassa B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Convenient to Homosassa River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed here for two nights recently. We were in the area to do some paddling. We were looking for a place convenient to the Chaz River and Withlacoochee. We ended up not doing the With due to the wind.

We did paddle the Homosassa as it was RIGHT THERE! The boat ramp is next to the property. There is the 'Shed' also for refreshments altho we did not have the chance to check it out.

The room was very comfortable - we had the kitchenette which had the coffeemaker and full refrigerator and regular sink. The kitchen was well equipped with just about anything we needed.

There are picnic tables and grills in the grassy areas as well.

The office was very accommodating for our late check in as well. This is a great spot and a very comfortable inn. We can definitely recommend this place.

There is no pool here. The room had a very nice TV. Room Service - other than the very capable maid service or the office there is no room service. This is more along the lines of an inn rather than a hotel.

Room Tip: Get some groceries nearby Our room was adjacent to the 'Shed' and there was live music in...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

This s a great place for a few nights, especially if you own a boat ! Very reasonable rates, and clean rooms. Docking available, outside bar and limited food, but great outside atmosphere right on the Homossassa River. You can rent boats also, or hire great fishing guides. Beautiful freshwater springs, or very scenic ride to the Gulf of Mexico . Stay outside fr some great Sunsets !

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Villagesre
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

Macraes is a delightful old Florida establishment. It has the old time charm you would expect from this area. The grounds are well maintained. The rooms are very basic but more than adequate. House keeping is at your leisure. The staff could not be more accommodating. Good restaurants in the area...be sure to eat at the Freezer, cash only. Captain Russ gives a great air boat tour and he is on the premises. Yes, the motorcycles are at the Shed on the weekends but it is quiet after nine. This is our second stay here and we will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2012
5 Thank babsd
Crestview, F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Do not go here if you are a picky person, complain a bunch and don't like noise or lots of motorcycles. This is an easy going place with an easy going crowd. It is not upscale, but has comfort and charm and everyone we have met there has been very friendly. My husband, son and I will be back for our third year and can't wait. We initially went for the Manatee snorkel trips but come back for MacRae's. Love to sit on the front porch rocking chairs with a cup of coffee and watch all the fishing boats gear up in the morning, and make our dinner in the efficiency room kitchen at night while listening to the band at the Shed. There are some dockswe have a blast catching crabs and catfish and stringrays during the evenings, and there is easy and pleasant food within walking distance. We also rent the pontoon boats and have went from the Gulf all the way into the Springs and spotted so much beautiful wildlife (manatees, dolphins, birds, etc.) and caught some interesting fish. Just bring your own anchor if you want to stay put...the anchors on MacRae's are just too small (that is our ONLY complaint). With all this said, we like rustic and the rates are reasonable. Don't miss the State Park either...very nice park just a few minutes away. MacRae's has it all, and every year we go back we just keep adding more days.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Shannon P
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have just returned from treating myself to a short vacation at this hotel, and I could not be happier with my choice. The staff was great; I was a first-time visitor but I was treated like I had been a repeat guest for years. The rooms are comfortable, simple, and very clean. I manage a hotel myself, so my standards tend to be high. Attractive location, nice rooms, great little riverside bar with a more than adequate menu, and a terrific, friendly, efficient and helpful staff. I'll certainly be a repeat guest.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank LtCdrBob
Deerfield Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

My friend dragged me to this dump to spend the night because she had a nostalgic night there over 20 years ago. It seemed ok at first glance, but if you looked closely there were hairs in the bed (whose hairs and how did they get there?) When I went to use the towel in the bathroom, there was a hair in the towel too (a thick black pubic or beard hair). In the corner of the bathroom, it looked like they had used a broom to sweep, but could quite reach the corner. I was afraid to sit on the couch - this is the type of place that is used by rowdy bikers and fishermen and perhaps don't care too much about hygiene. There are quaint rockers on the front porch where people sit and drink beer, smoke cigarettes and talk loud until the week hours of the morning. I wouldn't even walk on the floor without my shoes. The towels in this motel are so rough that you can exfoliate your skin with them. The blankets, bed spreads and sheets look like they haven't been replaced in decades. The shower is this tiny little space that resembles the shower in a trailer home. This is not the type of place that I am used to staying in and it actually cost more than the Hampton Inn ($125.00 for an "efficiency" with two double beds and a couch, small kitchen and dining table. Unless you just absolutely have to stay at the Homosassa River area for a festival or something and you are willing to compromise on the cleanliness - I wouldn't advise staying here. If you do, bring your own sheets and plenty of Lysol and wipes - maybe even your own towels. Definitely bring some houseshoes or some socks to walk around in. Sorry folks, this place gave me the absolute creeps. You can call me a primadonna if you like, but I don't like to feel grossed out when I stay in a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room; efficiences have more space
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank archdent
Land O Lakes, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

At first glance the accomodations seemed quite nice. Then we got to see the room. Here's what we thought was quite unpleasant:
The shower curtain had mold all over it
While taking a shower the water change tempurature many times
Many of the people staying there acting quite inappropriately all hours of the evening and there was no one on the premises that would assist in quieting them down,
The beds were quite hard and uncomfortable

The staff person didn't seem to care that we checked out a day early due the above circumstances and would not return our money for the evening that we did not stay.

In closing, we will never stay at MacRae's ever again and we will certainly never recommend it to anyone we know.

Regrads,
The Poulin's

Room Tip: We would recommend anywhere else over MacRae's
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jerryp1949
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
Hampton Inn Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River
Quality Inn Crystal River
Quality Inn Crystal River
#7 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to MacRae's of Homosassa? Share your experiences!