“Not great but good enough”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
“Not great but good enough”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here on a spur of the moment idea. I always drove by the place on my way down to port Charlotte and thought it must be quite nostalgic. I like the place because it had character. It was an old resort style chain that has lived through its 'hay-day' and like any older tourist hotel in fla, it had charm but lacked the new cleanliness you want. The place was of nice size, had a microwave , pillow top comforter and the basic amenities but the switches were dirty and the shower wasn't great. I asked the receptionist info on the springs which is the whole point for tourism in Homosassa, not to mention the huge sign and park in walking distance, and she looked me dead in the face and said, "what spring?" But hey.. She was nicer than some of the 5 stars I've stayed at. The continental breakfast was a joke. My bf told the lady hey were out of coffee and he replied with ,'yeah, a couple people told me that." Lol. So we got coffee at ga station.
I went from the St Regis in Atlanta , the Hilton in Sarasota to the oasis in Homosassa and I was not disappointed because that's what a 60$ hotel provides. Even the St. Regis , $500.00 a night , has its issues.

The chic at the alligator cove restaurant attached told my boyfriend to come back later to see her but the food was good and cheap.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is a decent place for the price. Nothing extra, breakfast was like what you get at most days inn type hotels. Clean enough. Only stayed one night. It was quiet. The beds were comfortable. Bathroom was very small, but the sink is outside the shower area, so this gave more room. Stayed here so we could be close to the place we were going to swim with the manatees very early the next morning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed one night and was told theres a free continental breakfast it was not good had the worse danishes and donuts

old and coffee i spit it out the worse ive had it tasted 5 days old . Room was ok but the shower drain wide open should have a screen in it . Also no hair dryers. The room was big and cleaned ok. Id stay agan if they have a better breakfast like good coffee ,danish ,bananas to .

Room Tip: check the breakfast and the room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanne C

Travellers are raving about these Homosassa hotels

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I just stayed here in July 2012, while scalloping. I was a bit concerned after reading the reviews but it was the only place that had a room to accomidate my family so i figured we would give it a try. Well it was defintely better than i was expecting. The room was big and clean. The beds were pillow top mattress that were comfortable and it had a fridge and microwave which was a plus. Now dont get me wrong it is no 5 star hotel but what do you expect for 60$ a night. They have a fully stocked bar and restaurant on site and a continential breakfast which was not a buffet but had danishs,cereal, waffles and toast with drinks. The staff was nice and courtious and was always willing to help. THE ONLY ADVICE AND NEG I WILL SAY IS DO NOT GET ROOM SERVICE. I have had friends that have stayed here and had things stolen and other friends who stayed there at the same time put up there do not disturb sign and well nothing was taken. We left our sign up the whole trip and well all was there with nothing disturbed. I went to the maid at her cart everyday with our towels to get new ones and that worked great, she was very nice to exchange them. So over all it is a great place to stay on a budget (clean, cheap, great location). Would be the best if they would drug test the maids or find the thief, but they were very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lisa c
Morgan City, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I came to Florida to visit a friend and she recommended this hotel. I looked online at the reviews and was pretty shocked by what I read. But, since everywhere else was booked, I stayed there anyway. It's an obviously old property, but my stay was overall a pleasant one. The breakfast was well stocked and the staff were always extremely helpful, they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. All of these reviews saying that it's "nasty and disgusting"... I can't see what you are complaining about. My room (Upstairs, with a beautiful view of the pool) was clean and very comfortable. Plus, after a long day of traveling cross country, the little bar and grill they have on the property was a relief! The prices were good, even before the added discount you get for being a guest at the hotel. I was pleased, absolutely! There was even a place up by the front desk that I could park my bike! I couldn't see it from my room, which was unfortunate, but the front desk assured me that there was always someone up there and they would keep an eye on it for me! (Good, because that is my baby!) Granted, the bar was a little loud, but the noise ended when the bar closed (around 11pm).

(Personally, I think people only get online to review if they have negative to say!)

Room Tip: Ask for something with a view!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Alex R
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2012

What a joke..Check in july 14, 2012. Spent $200.00 for my children to have to listen to foul mouthed, drunk patrons. The place was overall disgusting. Could not even get a pool towel but that's ok since the pool tiles had more mold then a loaf of 3 month old bread. Shower did not work but after leaving I received a call saying they checked it and it worked fine. Do yourself a favor and pack a tent and head to the local campgrounds, it's going to be cleaner and you will get more rest not having to listen to a bunch of drunks. We do not live to far away and will never return. If your coming to Florida to have a nice visit, drive past this place and head to the Holiday Inn Express Crystal River where you know it is clean and a nice place for your kids to stay. Local health dept should check this place out!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MCoop0113
Tampa
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I visited Homosassa for an overnight getaway to the springs. A fishing tournament took all the lodging along the river. The Bella Oasis was the only choice we had... If you look at it as "camping" you'll probably be satisfied...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank channelkatz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
Hampton Inn Crystal River
#7 of 9 in Crystal River
Days Inn Crystal River
Days Inn Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!