“Horrible!!!!!”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

If you are looking for a hooker, drugs or alcohol this is your place, if your looking for a clean room I suggest you go else where, I do not understand how the health department allows this place to stay open. From the nasty rooms to dirty dining room and restaurant this place is just plain horrible. I would not let my dog sleep on the mattresses.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank nyligal

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This room was poor at best! Mold ring around the toilet blood on the shower curtain outlets that didn't work cigarette ashes all over the floors I took pic and showed them to the front desk and they refused to refund money payed for several days in advance... When threaten with a bad review the owner called back 10 min later to give back one day .... Thumbs down at this place!!

Room Tip: Look at the room first!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 111francines
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I made reservations to stay at the Belle Oasis prior to a dive trip. The east coast from Atlanta through Boston was hit with the biggest winter storm in 3 years the day I was to arrive. I was stuck in DC with the airports closed. I phoned and explained the situation. I was told that the cancelation policy could not be changed. I would be charged for the night. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that the person I was speaking with was the Front Desk Supervisor and his decision was final. Wow! I chose the hotel partly because I wanted to support a local small business over a national chain. I even chose to ignore the iffy reviews. My advise is choose a national chain that understands that flexibility in policy is part of customer service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Merkleva
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our travel group tries different places to visit near home for a drink and something to eat.
I knew of the Bella Oasis Hotel, it's located right next to the Wildlife Park, passed it a hundred plus times, but did not know it had a very nice, pleasent, very clean, super friendly Bar called the GATOR COVE attached to it.
Gator Cove is cozy, our group of 14 was easily seated and more folks came in and it turned out to be a very friendly afternoon.
Our table of six ordered from the menue, this was served in a cozy room where it was quiet and again I noticed the neat, clean surrounding.
I had great wings, several had fish, AYCE, one had a great looking hamburger.
The prices were very good and our needs were checked numerous times.
Look forward to my next visit, soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The room was clean, but the furnishings were worn out, and the "complimentary breakfast" was a joke. The positive was that it was convenient for our activities while we were in the area and we were allowed to have a late checkout to shower after our manatee swim.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Overall this is a fairly okay place to stay: the rooms are very clean & the motel is in a good location with a view of the state park & a bridge to it. The breakfast bar is about the worst we have seen..very few choices, the room it is in is very dark, the way it is set up people trip over each other: the worst was when I went to check out: depending on how you make your reservation you may be in for a nasty surprise at checkout: I went to what I thought was the Bella Oasis website & booked: when I went to check out I was told I could not have a receipt because I had booked thru Expedia..news to me! Then I asked what the bill was & was told, very rudely that I would get an email & she wouldn't tell me my charge...WHAT???? I did finally get the email, 2 days later, & the price was what it should have been but I was left with a bad taste.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The pictures of the place looked great. They showed a dog area, a tiki bar by the pool, and a beautiful exterior. When we got there, we found that all the images were accurate (except that the tiki bar was nowhere to be found), but entirely misleading. They must have been taken years ago when the hotel was first painted. The room was fine except that it smelled like someone had smoked in it and they'd tried to cover the scent with something fruity. The bathroom was another story. The toilet had recent stains on the inside, the tub had a mat that was dark grey around the edges, and the drain was completely missing any kind of cover or stopper or anything; it was just an open hole. The coffee pot was unwashed. Perhaps the most misleading part is that they call themselves a "hotel," which I have always thought to mean the doors open to the interior. Some quick googling confirmed that this is the general meaning. This is absolutely a motel. Minimal amenities and exterior entrances.

At least it was cheap and close to the manatees/state park, but I regret choosing it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
Quality Inn Crystal River
Best Western Crystal River Resort
Plantation on Crystal River
Plantation on Crystal River
#4 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!