“NEVER AGAIN”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely disgusting !!!! They argued with us about our reservation as well as argued with orbitz and very nasty may I add !!!! Finally we pay again for a room we already paid for and go to our nasty room and find a spider the size of the palm of my hand just chilling inside my room as plain as day on the window. Hmmm well if housekeeping was doing there job there is no way that spider would've been there , you couldn't miss him. So, we change rooms to an even nastier room where the air conditioner was leaking. Musty, nasty god awful and um non smoking there is never non smoking all the rooms reek !!!!!! Never Ever again will we stay there Ever.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, they are all Nasty
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank flightgirl2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Seriously.... The most unreal stuff happened there. People were singing loud outside of our door near the pool. People stayed up all night and the walls are so paper thin you can hear the people next door talking. So annoyed. Then to top everything off they said they ran out of towels. Unprepared nasty hotel . I would never recommend it!!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Estrellas22
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Upon entering hotel lobby, we were not even acknowledged or greeted by the staff at the desk. Told hotel about foot surgery 2 months in advance and asked for a 1st floor room...they claimed their computer had no record of it. And when I explained I had an amputation done on my foot they couldn't care less - they said "upstairs or nothing - we're booked." Upon entering room was upset I left my oxygen mask in car due to smell. We had no chairs at our round table which we knew better than to bother to ask for. Were very lucky if the toilet flushed and the tub was filthy. Need I say more? Good luck to you if you pick this hotel to stay. P.S. Try calling the front desk with the 1963 phone and no instructions how to use it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank LocalVeroDiners
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I wrote a review after staying here a few years ago but I wanted to write another one. The staff here is always very friendly and we've never had a bad experience. It is comfortable and quite. It's not a high class hotel but for the price range it is a nice size room. The cleanliness in the rooms we've stayed in has always been better than I'd expect from a place like this. I've seen none of the things that others have posted about. (The worst thing I've ever seen was some dirt under a piece of furniture we moved it.) I'm am rather freaked out by dirty sheets and stains and I would have left if I'd seen anything like that. I have never seen a bug dead or alive in our 6 or 7 stays here. But I will say that in FL it's almost impossible to keep the occasional bug out and the fact that someone saw a dead bug means they are treating for them.

We love that the hotel is right next to the Visitors Center for the Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park. You can walk over and take a boat or hike back to the park to see the manatees and other wildlife.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard side for a nicer view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My dad and I have been staying here for years for the sake of nostalgia, but I can't take it anymore. Last time there were 2 cockroaches in our room, one dead, one alive. The carpet is dirty, the sheets are dirty, I don't even want to think about the bed spread. The "continental breakfast" is grim and disappointing. The whole place smells like smoke, and there are people living in this motel....shady people. They recently opened the pool to the public for $5 a person so you have to deal with that as well.

Room Tip: Don't get a room close to the bar, they blast music until the middle of the night. Bring your ow...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Stella W
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Unclean, beds made sloppy, terrible beds with mattress stained, not vacuumed, workers didn't care when we complained. We came for a family member dying and stayed here otherwise we would have left. It was memorial weekend 2014. If the board of health came in they would not give a good review. The only positive I will say is we saw no bugs

Room Tip: Do not choose this motel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Doxielvr3
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed just one night. Room was clean and king bed was pretty comfy. Decent pillows...not flat. Coffee maker and little fridge and microwave. Didn't use the pool but it was clean. Breakfast was really limited. Waffles and two cereals, no fruit. Danish. Front desk staff was friendly. Had some people check into the room next to us at 2 am that were loud and with a squalling toddler that stayed outside the door talking and making noise for over an hour. Called the front desk eventually and he said they'd take care of it. Don't know if they did or not, the noise continued on until I put ear plugs in and crashed eventually. Other than that, I would stay here again. They had a karaoke bar there where the very nice and friendly DJ sang awesome!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
The Port Hotel and Marina
Hampton Inn Crystal River
Hampton Inn Crystal River
#1 of 9 in Crystal River
Best Western Crystal River Resort

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!