“Gross!”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My spouse and I stayed here for two days while visiting family - our experience was in a word - disgusting.

1. Smell - dank, wet, moldy, possibly a hint of urine, and smelled heavily of cigarette smoke (I am a smoker and even I couldn't stand it)
2. Cleanliness - the room was dated and dirty. stains on the chair(s) and linens. surfaces needed cleaning. Tub needed a good scrub and had a few hairs (yuk!)
3. Noise - our room was pool side and you could hear everyone and everything. inside and out.
4. Bugs. Lots of Bugs! It's Florida- so bugs are inevitable and a natural part of life there.. but, the room had german cockroaches and silverfish - that is just disgusting! - they can spray for that sh**.
5. The staff was unfriendly. didn't seem to care when I told them about the roaches and the smell - almost as if it were expected...
6. comfort - or lack thereof - the bed was bumpy and uncomfortable - the blankets and sheets were questionable.. not very fresh. And the a/c was a bit noisy and also had a smell (damp and moldy) I didn't sleep very well at all.

Altogether a very negative experience.. We ended up going to stay at a cousin's house (who at first, I declined their offer to stay with them - they already had a house full)
A tent would have been better than this dirty place!

Room Tip: No room here is a good room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank KickBack618

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was better than I expected. I knew booking the hotel, it was an older classic hotel, and had those expectations. The room was huge, bathroom adequate, pool fantastic, breakfast was ok. Place was older, but well kept. Not sure what people expect for a super value priced hotel. I would stay here every time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul O
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My first impression was this is slightly better than a tent. In saying that, the owner and management could care less about you. They are rude and will argue with you.

To be honest, I am not sure how anyone could rate this place above a 1 star. If we could there would be zero stars and believe this place should be shut down. German roaches are a solid indication your establishment is dirty and unsanitary.

DISGUSTING!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ADiStefano
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have a read thd reviews and was a bit worried when the hotel my friends were stayin at was booked so I booked here. The check in clerk was so friendly and helpful the grounds were well kept room was very clean comfy beds. I was over all happy and would mind stayin here next year!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank amcjones
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel by the water was booked so we decided to stay here. It was a pleasure. The room was spacious and there was a fridge and coffee maker. We went next door to publix and got a few items and had lunch by the pool. We stayed for 3 days and it was worth the money. The staff was nice and accomidating. The only complaint would be you can hear people right outside your door.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely disgusting !!!! They argued with us about our reservation as well as argued with orbitz and very nasty may I add !!!! Finally we pay again for a room we already paid for and go to our nasty room and find a spider the size of the palm of my hand just chilling inside my room as plain as day on the window. Hmmm well if housekeeping was doing there job there is no way that spider would've been there , you couldn't miss him. So, we change rooms to an even nastier room where the air conditioner was leaking. Musty, nasty god awful and um non smoking there is never non smoking all the rooms reek !!!!!! Never Ever again will we stay there Ever.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, they are all Nasty
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank flightgirl2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Seriously.... The most unreal stuff happened there. People were singing loud outside of our door near the pool. People stayed up all night and the walls are so paper thin you can hear the people next door talking. So annoyed. Then to top everything off they said they ran out of towels. Unprepared nasty hotel . I would never recommend it!!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Estrellas22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
The Port Hotel and Marina
Hampton Inn Crystal River
Hampton Inn Crystal River
#1 of 9 in Crystal River
Best Western Crystal River Resort

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!