“Good Location/Needs Updating”
Review of Turtle Reef Club

Turtle Reef Club
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This is an average resort. If you get locked out they charge $25.00 to get in after 9:00PM, if you check out late they charge you $25.00. The staff is not the friendliest. We checked into the hotel at 4:00PM and given room 210, we went up to the room and unpacked then went to the beach. When we got back our key didn't work so I went to the front desk where I was told I was in the wrong room. Without our knowledge, the staff removed all of our belongings and moved us into room 209. Unfortunately they left my shorts hanging behind the door of the bathroom and the shorts contained my wallet and credit cards. Fortunately the people who were in 210 contacted me and I was able to retrieve my wallet. That aside, the location is very good but the rooms definitely need upgrading. We spent a week here and then went to the Vistana Resort next door for a week. It was like moving from a Motel 6 to the Plaza Hotel in NYC.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the ocean which is a great feature.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Michael C

Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here every year for many years and had access to beach chairs which were stored in the bedroom closet. Now, starting this year, there is an extra charge, ($10.00), for beach chairs w/umbrellas per day and no chairs in the closet...:( Other than this gripe we always have a wonderful relaxing time here. Just claim your space in the sand before all the blue chairs go up or you will find yourself moving your own chairs back as the tide rises...:(

• Stayed: November 2012
6  Thank Becky B
Reviewed 20 November 2012

It is an older place, but definitely has a family feel. They have been upgrading the units and facilities. They also have games, puzzles and movies to borrow in case of inclement weather (or if the mood strikes, all for free). They also loan tennis rackets. It is a great place to relax.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank dadof2hollister
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The property and unit was decent, not new but clean. The staff was OK. The location on the beach is wonderful. However I feel that I have to expose what happened to me the 6th night of my stay. I was vacationing alone and accidentally locked myself out of my room. There is no staff after 8pm until 8am. I discovered this at 9:30 pm. I called the office and got a machine. I went to the office and there were 2 numbers to call, both were machines. For 3 hours I tried every 10 minutes to leave a message from my cell and never heard from anyone. I tried RCI and the police and both said they could not help me. I sat in my car for hours until I met a married lady who told me to sleep in her unit. The next morning I went down to ask them to let me in. There was no apology or anything. I was besides myself. God forbid something really bad happened, I would have been in deep S----. Basically, if you are in trouble at this property and it is night time, GOOD LUCK!! So other than that night, I enjoyed the location and the ocean very much!

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and had a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank dec342
DefenderResorts, Public Relations Manager at Turtle Reef Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

We are terribly sorry for the issue that you encountered while staying with us. We do maintain a procedure to monitor after hours calls and we feel very badly that we failed you. As we felt terrible for your experience we reached out to apologize in person and would like to apologize here again. Thank you for letting us know about the issue . We have taken the necessary steps to correct the procedures so this does not happen in the future. Thank you very much for your feedback and again we are very sorry, but glad you did enjoy the location and the beach. If you are ever interested in coming back please know that we will gladly, deeply discount your stay for you.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We visited Turtle Reef Club and was very happy with the location and the relaxation. He was able to go golfing and enjoyed the courses. The fees were very reasonable at $25-35 a course. The units were FULLY equipped and very spacious. The view was awsome. I enjoyed going to sleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only red mark to my stay was the little ants that were crawling around the unit. We also enjoy a day of jet skiing. We found a company named Beach Water Sports. They rent wave runners, boats, kayaks and paddleboards. Nice guys, look them up for great fun on the water.

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank Citydiva1
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our family travels and trades our timeshares 2-3 times per year. This is the worst trade we've ever made. Location is great, but the staff is rude, unhelpful, and has no idea what customer service is all about. The mattresses on the beds have to be at least 20-25 years old....very thin & very uncomfortable. There is one elevator that works half the time. My husband is recovering from back surgery, and they put us on the 3rd floor. Of course, after 9:00 pm, you are out of luck if you need anything. Everyone leaves & the number you are to call does not accept calls after 9:00 pm either. We were told to call the fire department if we needed anything. There is no lifeguard at the beach, and twice someone defacated in the pool & they had to close it for the day. No apologies, no trying to make up for it. We were basically told there was nothing we could do and to just deal with it. Half the dishes in the kitchen had food stuck on them because they were obviously not cleaned well by the previous guest and the housekeeping didn't check the dishes either. We will not be returning to this joke of a resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Gina G

We are very sorry that you felt the resort was not enjoyable. We have checked out the elevator system and it was not working that night due to being held open for an extended period of time – unfortunately this causes it to not be able to reset itself. It is in full working condition and we have not experienced any additional issues with it. If you did not feel our customer service was good, we apologize that you felt this way. We try to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible and meet any possible requests we can – which is why we provided your son with a football when he said he forgot his and brought additional towels as soon as we were asked. For the duration of your stay our staff was under the impression that your family was enjoying themselves, we are disheartened to know that this was not the case and we misunderstood any feedback from you while you were here at the resort. As for the defecation in the pool we do apologize – it was an incident that was out of our control and to keep everyone safe and healthy as well as follow standards we had to close the pool to allow for proper and thorough cleaning.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I never believed in time sharing until now. We bought week #27 to be with family. This is one of the smartest things I ever did. We had a golden week with weather. The ocean was so calm and the beach was not crowded. This was especially nice since it was 4th of July week. The location couldn't be better. There is enough to do and good restaurants nearby. Than of course you can do nothing and sit by the pool. The 2 bedroom units are fully stocked and CLEAN. The ocean views from the room are breathtaking especially the moon over it. The staff here are very accommating, friendly and helpful. All in all this was a great week:-)

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the ocean. The first floor is an easy walk to beach and pool.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lois D
DefenderResorts, Marketing and Public Relations at Turtle Reef Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you! We are thrilled that you are happy with your purchase and we look forward to a long future and getting to know you and your family!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hutchinson Island
Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina
Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa
Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa
#2 of 4 in Jensen Beach

Been to Turtle Reef Club? Share your experiences!