“lunch on a hot day”

Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 June 2014

DAY/TIME: Tuesday 3-4PM
WAIT: None

FEEL: Casual / Beach / Surfer

BAR: Full

PRICING: Moderate

LOCATION: Indialantic A1A

THE GOOD: Service (super fast!)

THE BAD: Seating at the bar (limited)

THE BETTER: GF BEER! (ICE COLD)
WHAT WAS ORDERED:
Blackened Grouper Pico Bowl with Mango topping with Black Beans and Rice with Plantains

DRESS FOR THE OCCASION: Flip Flops/Shorts/Beach Cover up
THE BLAB: Sitting on the corner of a front parking lot …it looks like a half badly built shack with indoor plumbing. Longdoggers (they have 5) is an extremely casual dining experience in a surfer dude funky bar/restaurant atmosphere where beachcombers, locals and tourists abound. Portions are good size. Prices are a bit high. Food prep is excellent. Flexibility on selection is great. Wine selection minimal. Beer selection fabulous.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Since I was solo I was looking for a seat at the Bar….there are about 4 to 6 seats inside and 4 outside. I “squeezed’ in on the corner and had adequate space…I was given a Longdoggers ‘boot souvenir’ for my beer …nice touch!

WHAT SHOULD YOU ORDER?:
Stick to the basics: Wings/Burgers/Fish Tacos/Draft Beer/Soda

There are newer reviews for Long Doggers

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband I went here for dinner because of the reviews. We were vacationing in Indialantic, FL so it was just down the street from out Hotel.
I ordered the homemade crabcake and my husband ordered the Everything Hot Dog. My crabcake came with no seasoning, not even some Old Bay which is in every recipe I ever heard of. It came with sweet plantains, and a hawaiian bread roll. Flies where everywhere no screens to keep them out of the eating table area. My husbands hot dog was fantastic, served with onion rings and coleslaw. We both loved the cole slaw. His dog was delicious and the onion rings! Wish I had ordered the same. Get the cheap stuff, it seems to be there best dish! Service was mediocre. Had to throw away some of my food because the flies landed on it. Only ate half the crabcake, it was terrible.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of our favorite places for lunch. Food is excellent, service is always fast and friendly. One of my favorite features is that you can order items in a variety of ways. The mango salsa is awesome, but the guacamole quality varies a lot.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Long Doggers is a Melbourne Beach (Indialantic Beach) staple. If you are in town, visit the original on the beach. Great food. Great prices. Fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A funky place that you would like to stop in after a day on the beach. gluten free menu and ordered an Omission gluten free beer.it was excellent to say the least then we ordered our food,ordered the chips and guacamole dip chips were a bit salty but the guac was fresh and refreshing, my wife had the turkey club with fries and I had the mango salsa blackened mahi tacos which were excellent