“Beautiful beach...beautiful view from the porch!”
Review of Beach House Motel

Beach House Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Beautiful beach...beautiful view from the porch!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

First of all, you should know that this isn't a first class kind of place. One of the two mattresses in our room was badly stained but we just slept on the other bed. We were looking for an old-fashioned ma and pop kind of hotel on the beach and that's exactly what we found. The price was right at $100/night (minus the AAA discount) and the room was totally acceptable. The best part about this place was the view from the balcony. We were right on the beach and we could see for miles in either direction. There's stairs right from the hotel to wander down and enjoy the surf and sand. Rooms have old fashioned tvs and a mini-fridge and a coffee maker. Everything we needed really. Stores are all close for food and drink and there are lots of restaurants in the area too.

Room Tip: First floor on the beach has a massive, mind you shared, balcony. We opted for our own balcony on t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank donflatt
sandi v, Manager at Beach House Motel, responded to this review, 7 February 2016
Thank you and eventually new beds are on the list! Remodling is a long slow process.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The staff are wonderful people. If you want to remember how Florida really was before corporations took over stay here. I will take this place over any of the other hotels, which before this one I stood at 6 other and yes some very costly ones. The reason for all the visits was visiting my ailing father and I was treated like a part of their family. I will be coming here any and every time I go to Melbourne. Front looks just like parking places until you drive in. The sliding doors opens to a deck and has a gate which has stairs and you are on the beach. I didn't have the strength to open the sliding door but no problem for my 17 yr old son. They have a grill outside, if you don't want to be inside. This is how I remember Florida. If you go, you should also visit New Haven street Irish place and the Pizza place (i liked the back part)- they are both on the same side of the street. What a wonderful peaceful place to stay and enjoy the beach and not the crowds

Room Tip: If you have small children they can play on the cement patio as it has a fence
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LissaBaker
Thank you for staying with us!! We are looking forward to having you stay with us on your return visits!
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I could just say, everything "evakauai" has written in April 12 is exactly true. Unfortunately I read her review only after arriving at this horrible place.
There is one positive thing about this motel -the location is very nice. It is located directly at the beach and next to a park with a playground.
But this absolutely does not compensate the really horrible condition of this rotten place.

I traveled a lot in lower developed countries and had quite a lot of accommodations which were not high standard, but I could always say "you get what you pay for".
Not so at this Motel. We payed 100$ per night and got a room as dirty, humid, stinking, moldy and badly maintained as i have never seen one in a developed country before.
We had a room at the ground floor. The carpet was so dirty and wet, that you got black feet when you walked on it bare feet. We tried to come along with that by wearing shoes inside the room. But all surfaces were so dirty, too, that we were not able to use the room without revulsion. We used some toilet paper to clean the table and the night table and it immediately went black from the dirt. I think, as a result of all the dirt and the high humidity the room was stinking so badly, that it was hard to breathe.
Additionally all appliances were in poor shape. The main light did not work and the sliding door to the balcony had to be locked with a rotten, dirty peace of wood which had to be placed behind the door, where it was completely moldy.
Sandi, the manager of this Motel is a really bad person and a liar. After one horrible night at this place I told her, that we could not stay longer (we booked three nights). She was absolutely disobliging. She told me, that I would have to arrange that with the portal where I booked the stay. This is wrong, the customer can only change a reservation before a stay. After some discussion she told me, that her booking system was down and so she could not change the booking. Then she explained me, she generously would give me back the money for one night. She said, this was very friendly of her, because she still would have to pay commissions to the booking portal for all three nights.
Just a minute after I left the office, I got a mail on my phone from the booking portal which said, she changed my booking! So she was badly lying to me! When I went back and told her so, she said, the system just now worked again but only let her cancel one night, What a crap, what a lie!
She called me highty-tighty and argued, it would only have been humid in the room, because I left the door open at night. This is absolute nonsense, the carpet was already wet when we entered the room the first time. We were simply not able to sleep in the room without some fresh air from outside, because it was stinking so terribly of old cigarette smoke, mold and decay.

Finally let me say: For 100$ at the oceanfront I did not expect something luxurious or brand new. But what I always expect for accommodation is a minimum level of cleanliness. If you do the same, stay away from this place. For only 30$ more per night we now stay at the really nice Crowne Plaza just some miles north. What a difference!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank The_Travelfamily2014
Sorry you had a bad stay as we can not please everyone but as for the price of Crowne try 100.00 more not 30.00 as you would not of had a ocean view room for that price. Small mom & Pops might not be the place for you. Think maybe you were expecting a Hiltonwhich we are not and very far from it. We try to keep our rooms as clean as we can but when guets such as yourself go in and out and have their guets go in and out from the wet sand from the beach I am sure the floor will get wet in this process. I hope you find your perfect spot in the future. Good Luck and Best wishes!

Travellers are raving about these Indialantic hotels

Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Incredible views! Incredible staff! What more can be said about this little hidden away gem? Great little place with top notch hospitality! Million dollar views would be an understatement! Sandi is absolutely tremendous and made us feel like family! Cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms offer incredible oceanfront views!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Koontzx3
Incredible stff would not be without Incredible Guests!! Thank you for staying with us!! We would love to see you again soon!
Reviewed 15 September 2013

What more could you ask for. Beachfront and a friendly staff at 2/3rds the price of the "big box" hotels. The staff let me use their boogie boards so I didn't have to go rent one down the street. Nice large shared deck, easily accessed. Dog friendly too. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DiceDealer76
Thank you and look forward to seeing you again!! If we have it..You are always welcome to use it!!
georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Clean room, professional friendly staff and family, nice guests and facilities. We stayed on the ground level and enjoyed the large shared deck right on the beach. Walk to local restaurants. Hotel Pet friendly. County Beaches regulations prohibits pets. Park is adjacent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sierra55Georgia
Thank you and look forward to seeing you again!! We are one of the few places left that allow pets. Unfortunately we have a some bad pet owners that cost us quite a bit so we do charge a pet fee non refundable but for most pet lovers they don't mind it is less expensive than boarding them and most pets are out Family too.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have stayed there 4 times now with my 2 daughters. We love the staff , the couple that run the place are wonderful. They are always there to help me in every way. They recommend restaurants and shops. All in walking distance. The rooms are clean and they are actually right on the ocean. I recommend this to anyone wanting to get away nice place and you get your moneys worth. Not a busy ,stuffy place...friendly staff love love love the Beach House.

Room Tip: Rm 23 is my favorite.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review. Always makes us happpy to see that our guets enjoyed staying with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Beach House Motel? Share your experiences!