“Great Wings & Oysters”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I use to live in Satellite Beach years ago, and one of my favorite Sports Bars was Bunky's. So here I am reliving the past and I'm glad to report, that Bunky's has only gotten Better :) Great Job to the Malone's & Hall's for preserving the storied history and making want to move back. The Food was Fresh and Excellent & The Staff was as Friendly as could be possible. It felt like Home away from Home. Also you have to go to their New Addition, The Monkey Bar that is attached. Good Times..

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The food was your typical mostly deep-fried stuff with coleslaw, fries, etc on the side. Service was speedy. It was good for the kids- plenty of room to move around , 3 salt-water fish tanks that they liked looking at, a shuffleboard table and a couple of video games. Good rock music the night we were there and a friendly bar.
Would come again.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We recently visited Bunky's in Indiatlantic. It was our first visit but highly recommended by our friends who are local. It was a fantastic visit - we were delighted with the food as well as the service.

Bunky's decor is all Florida, ocean, and surfing. The menu matches the theme. Members of our group tried the chowder, ray oysters, crab cake sandwich, grilled tuna sandwich, and shrimp scampi. Everyone was delighted. Prices at lunch were quite reasonable. There is even a great key lime pie on the menu - I wish we had saved room!

There is an aquarium, carved driftwood, and lucite coated tables with sea themed images below. There is also a silly place to take your photo with the caption, "Get Shucked at Bunky's." If you are looking for a great, easy-going, authentic Florida seafood restaurant, don't miss Bunky's. At the end of our visit it was one of our favorites.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We came here due to the proximity of our hotel (Crowne Plaza). We like to play BuzzTime Trivia and located this location on BuzzTime's App. We do not eat seafood, therefore this was initially a turn off, but we expected we could find some drinks and maybe a non-seafood appetizer to enjoy.

Trying to find up to date information about this bar and restaurant was made difficult because Bunky's website was not up to date. In fact, their website made no reference to Buzztime at all and referenced "a brand new location" (their current location) Shockingly, it wasn't really a new location at all - they had been there for a few years already! Information was limited and had it not been for the reference on BuzzTime's website, my wife and I wouldn't have visited. Instead, we took a gamble that it would have the BuzzTime and we'd find some food that would be to our liking. Thankfully we did!

Inside, the layout is fine and offers several TVs for sports and the BuzzTime that we were looking for. They were busy but we were greeted promptly and the waitresses were very friendly. We found a couple non-seafood items on their menu and we enjoyed the food we ate along with the very reasonably priced drinks.

Two days later we returned, sat at the bar and played more Trivia while enjoying their happy hour prices on beer.

The restaurant had an overpowering greasy smell that made me shed my clothes when we returned to our hotel, so perhaps the ventilation system needed updating or cleaning.

If I lived in the area (I live in South Florida), I could probably see myself as a frequent visitor, but as a business owner that specializes in online marketing for bars, restaurants and other small businesses, I can hope that the owners of this restaurant will take note of a few of my comments so they can be even more successful going forward to new visitors and regulars alike.

1  Thank Dan P
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Service was fine and food options were interesting, but overall pretty average. I had alligator two-ways, but would definitely suggest the fried. My husband had Mahi Mahi and it was really well-prepared.