“wrong!!!!!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
manchester
“wrong!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

ha ha!!!! what a place to stay!!!!! chose this place cos we was gutted with the place we had booked. paid $89 per night plus tax for 3 nights. first room they put us in ( which was supposed to be the best!) was a joke!!!!! 2 beds against the wall and the biggest tv in front of the only mirror in the room!!! air freshener plug ins everywhere. i found 3 in the bathroom!!! how bad must this place smell?????? patio doors that face the sea drilled and screwed shut as the owner said the sea water destroys the rooms!!!! haha a/c broke down during the night and we had had a really uncomfortable night!! so they moved us to the room next door which is the room they show on the website!!!! best room they have out of the crap holes they rent out!!!! place full of wierdos and misfits!! and that includes the manager!!! day staff lovely over worked and under payed !!! cannnot do enough for you. whats with the manager and day staff using the pool together before they open the gates to us muppets that have paid to use it though????. would NEVER stay here again poor rooms, poor management, disgraceful d.i.y. in rooms!!!! and smelly!!!!! why so many airfreshners!!!! i counted 9 in our 2 bed studio!!!!!!

Room Tip: dont book one!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank evans321Manchester
Misch77, Manager at Beach Tropics Motel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
This lady and her husband were shown the very room they rented in advance of registering.They obviously liked the room so much that they checked in for three days.
It is true that I informed them in advance that we keep the sliding glass doors locked shut as to stop the salt air causing dampness as the doors in question are a mere 25 feet from the beach....YES we are that close to the Ocean!!!.They again understood and accepted this.Yes it is true that we keep no more than 2 plug in air fresheners in the room,as we do not leave the AC on 24 hours a day when the room is vacant.The air conditioner in there room worked fine and the proof is that after they checked out the room was rented to a family for 5 days and they were very happy.We did in an attempt to keep this guest as happy as we could put them in a smaller room where the ac can get to a temperature of 64 degrees which they liked.
Even though we received no other complaints from them the next morning after agreeing to stay 3 days they wanted to leave after just the one night which we allowed them to do and they were only charged for the one night they stayed.
As far as comments about the manager being a misfit and a weirdo I can only assume they are referring to me,which seems kinda strange as both people were very polite as was I during the only 10 minutes or so that they talked to me.I guess trip advisor allows derogatory comments like this being said without any truth or substance and I refuse to lower my standards to that level and only respond with truthful facts.
Its is also true that the 50 inch flat screen tv does block some of the mirror in that room but there is an additional mirror she failed to mention and an additional flat screen tv in the room,or the fact that the room has been newly tiled.It is also true that on occasions a member of staff will open the pool early and go for a swim and of course the pool when opened early is open for all guest to go swimming early as well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Unfortunately, I reserved a room at this motel for 3 nights. If you have visitors to your room you must pay 5.50 per person even if they are not staying (they say for "insurance" purposes) when my granddaughter drove an hour over to spend time at the beach with me, they wouldn't even let her go to the bathroom in my room. The room is antiquated and tiny with cockroaches. The beds and bathroom are clean. The ONLY good thing about this place is the empty pool due to no customers. I will not be back...and I don't think they care.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Schmaksi

Travellers are raving about these Indialantic hotels

Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Good location, good service, impeccably clean, comfortable bed, right on the beach. Only problem was no Internet access in the room. We were told that room - 108- was between networks and had a problem. Then why, when they plenty of open rooms, did they stick us in a room with no Internet access? Not good. Otherwise, it would have been 5 stars. Very pleasant people.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 108 if you want Internet access.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CATVAG23
Lake Katrine, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for two weeks now, and I'm sorry that I didn't write it sooner. On March 23, 2013 I went on vacation by myself for the first time in like forever it was fantastic. I stayed at the Beach Tropics Motel from the 23rd to the 29th of March and had a GREAT time. The Staff at the hotel was phenomenal, Tiffany and Peggy (the staff) were very helpful, friendly and I miss them very much.....Michael the owner was also very nice. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and quiet. I have never been so relaxed in my life. I was able to walk to the beach within a minute, as well as the pool, and to the boardwalk which may have taken a couple of minutes.... however everything was close by....... I would recommend staying at this hotel. I know that I will be spending my next vacation(s) at this particular hotel, they really make you feel like your at home. Please don't allow the negative reviews to deter you from staying at this hotel, I am a very picky individual and I also read the reviews and thought "I'm not too sure about this place", and then I said "what the hell, let me try it out, its close to the beach how bad can it be?" And I did, and I am very glad I did, everyone who worked or stayed there was great. So please don't hesitate to book this hotel for your vacation!!! I know that if I could have stayed longer I would have.. Enjoy!!!!!

Tammy Garcia

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank ko-d5
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Really nice and comfortable rooms and run by friendly staff who obviously care about the satisfaction of their clients visit
Would definitely recommend for a pleasant visit with helpful friendly staff who are well informed about the local area and beyond

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank PaddyJ2
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Place is right on beach and units were very clean. Great place for price! Not sure what the bad reviews are, I have no complaints. Next time in the area I would most definitely stay at Beach Tropics Motel again. Look forward to coming back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank kpasco
Dalton
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This was the last stop on our vacation. We were traveling in a convoy...LOL We had spent 4 days in St. Pete Beach (our daughters wedding), 1 day at Lego Land, 3 days at Nick Studio and 4 days at Beach Tropics. Our stay at Beach Tropics was GREAT as always, the staff and management are very nice and helpful. The turtles were trying to hatch during our visit and the young lady working got flash lights for all the kids so we could go on the beach and watch for the turtles at night. It was very laid back and relaxing. The rooms were fresh and clean. The pool and property were very well maintained. The beach was great! We were close to some local eateries with really good food. Our husbands really like staying here. We have been staying here for approx. 15 years and we will be back! Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KayeAtkins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Beach Tropics Motel? Share your experiences!