“A nice little surprise”

Oceanfront Paradise Resort
Central Florida
“A nice little surprise”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

From A-1-A, this location does not appear too exciting, but I have to recommend it. An older beach-front hotel, it does not have a pool or offer other amenities, but it you want a nice little place to spend a few days, I recommend it. From the inside, the units resemble beach cottages, with a bedroom, bath with shower, full kitchen, and living room with a large flat screen tv and a sleeper sofa. Nicely done, clean, comfortable, attractive. Step out the door, and you have a beautiful view of the beach, and beach access. The location is not far from the public beaches at 5th Avenue (Indialantic) and Paradise. Right across the street is Blueberry Muffin, also highly recommended for breakfast or lunch, and several other restaurants within walking distance, including Pizza Hut.. Management seem very nice and accommodating. If you can, book early, this place is popular with repeat guests. I am a local, but have friends and relatives that have stayed here, and it's always a favorite.

Room Tip: The end rooms closest to the beach have a great view. Of course, all the rooms are within steps of t...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank CentralFloridaHermie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2013

You probably wouldn't drive by this place and say "oh lets stay there". But you'd miss out. Its right on the beach and there are wonderful chairs on the property overlooking the beach where you can set and sip coffee in the morning as the sun comes up or wine in the evening and watch the ocean waves while the sun makes beautiful colors on the clouds during sunset. Even though we were there during the hottest days of summer, there was a great breeze to make it comfortable outside. The units have a kitchenette with everything you need, a pull-out sofa, one bedroom, and one bath. Everything is very clean, fresh linens each day, and the lawn is very well maintained. You can walk the beach and pick up shells, jump the waves, or (as I've said) enjoy the leisure of setting in the beach chairs watching the waves. We had the most enjoyable, relaxing time at the Oceanfront Paradise and I've already told lots of my friends they have to try this place......We traveled such a long way and were pleasantly impressed.....we live 5 miles away and never thought of staying here! What a novel idea for a vacation....drive 10 minutes to stay at the beach...and you're not even tired from traveling!!! This was such a great find...thanks to my buds who found it on TripAdvisor. Oh, I almost forgot....you have to cross the road to take advantage of two wonderful restaurants...Blueberry Muffin for breakfast (owner, Anna and her staff are wonderful and the food is great and reasonably priced), then go to Cantina Dos Amegos for dinner...also wonderful staff, great food at a reasonable price! Thanks Connie and her family for such a nice place to have a little vacation. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Room 5 has beach-view windows in the living room and bedroom. Your fitness center and pool are the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I found this excellent place to relax. The owners were outstanding!!! I would love to go back. Very convenient to the beach, very private, clean and well kept. The area is very nice and absolutely awesome. This was a wonderful experience for the both of us.

We love it!!!=)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MilaSunflower
Arkansas
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This is a great kept secret. I know this, because that's what the locals tell me. I stayed here Thursday- Sunday. The owners were VERY nice and helpful. These little apartment style rooms are literally STEPS from a GORGEOUS beach. Secluded and well kept. Little kitchenette, shower, wi-fi, big screen tv and sitting room.
Close to so many restaurants, shopping, and THE BEACH! A little breakfast place right across the street.
Never heard my neighbors or any street noise.

Now, I am normally a snob when it comes to hotels. However, I wanted to be on the beach, I only had a small window and this time around, a very limited budget.
The place is dated for sure. But I was there only to sleep. Which, I think is the main reason you
choose a hotel on the beach. the beach and sleep.
That being said, the bed was AWFUL. The head was lower than the foot of the bed and it made awful creaking noises and sounded like mating seals. It wasn't the frame, headboard, it was the mattress. I slept on the loveseat in the front room all three nights.
You'll need to bring your own toiletries, beach towels and any chairs you want to take on the beach. I just ran down the road and bought a $9.00 chair at wal-mart. Left it there, so maybe you WON'T need one! :)
Were it not for the bed, I would stay here again, but I had to visit the chiropractor when I got home. If they updated the bed, I'd go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank jenjenbobdog
chicago
Reviewed 9 April 2013

If you are looking for a no-frills, clean, spacious (2 adults) relaxing motel RIGHT ON THE BEACH, this place is what you are looking for! Our small but big enough for 2-adults apt. was 10 yards from the beach. It is a simple and easy place to stay. It was clean; no frills, apt. with all the essentials. The resort was grounds were clean and spacious as well. And the location was very good-close to numerous restaurants if you did not want to do your own cooking, as well as a Starbuck and ColdStone creamery within 3/4 mile.
This place is not fancy and we have stayed in some very fancy places in our travels, but that too was relaxing. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The 8 units are off the road (A1A); ours was the 2nd to last one nearest the beach. The rooms are v...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank boogyp
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Just finished spending 7 nights at this wonderful "Old Florida" motel on the beach. Beautiful courtyard surrounded by 8 suite type apartments right on the beach. Excellent value for the money, it's not the Hilton, if you want that, walk up the beach about a mile and look for the crowd, when you have had enough, walk back to your own little stretch of "private beach" in front of Ocean Front Paradise. On this recent stay we weren't able to reserve one of the apartments right next to to the ocean, however, when one became vacant, Krsytyna offered it to us, though it created more work for her, she was happy to do whatever she could to make our stay more enjoyable, for that we thank her, she's a sweetheart.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Hawkp
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 March 2013

From the day we booked, just had a great feeling on this place, Krystyna was prompt on replying to emails! We felt bad we woke her up at 1145 pm the night of our arrival.. I had to "nag" my husband to go on vacation, but after our stay here, the first day, he said, "Yep, we are coming back here every year!" Met some wonderful people and had the best vacation ever! Rooms were very clean. Had everything we needed. At night we heard the ocean, as it was about 100 yeards from our patio. Just an unbeliveable find! Not one bad thing about this place! Hoping Kaz & Krystyna never sell this place!

Room Tip: Any room! Indiatlantic is a quieter area,, rooms are far enough off the main drag!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TammyS0907
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Oceanfront Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!