“Amazing”

Dining options: Breakfast
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Amazing”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stopped by the bakery in May and truly enjoyed the food we purchased to bring home. When we returned in November, the bakery had become a beautiful place to eat and enjoy friends. Still, the food was excellent and the coffee is the best in town. This place is a gem.

• Visited November 2013

Cooper City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect breakfast/ brunch Date”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Just had the best pastry and coffee at Around the World Cafe. The atmosphere was so nice and the coffee and pastries were served on nice dishes. There was so much to choose from my boyfriend and I went back the next day! The service is super friendly and everything is homemade and FRESH. If you are in the area check this place out!

• Visited November 2013
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Wonderful food in a family owned and operated bakery cafe”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My mother and I went to Around the World Cafe Bakery this morning. Wow. The food is home-made and it is wonderful. Mom had coffee (excellent, she said) and a ham-and-cheese omelet (yummy). I opted for a vegetarian samosa. It was a spicy combination of cabbage and mushrooms in a flaky pastry wrap. We also split an almond pastry. But our favorite part of the meal was the bread. A basket of bread was delivered with the omelet. It included two types. One was an Italian-style bread with rosemary, and it was very good. The other was a wonderful organic Lithuanian rye. The texture was perfect. The taste was slightly sweet. The owner said that was due to the honey and malt. We had to buy a loaf, which was sliced for us. We also took home a large piece (I think it's considered a half) of a delicious plum/apricot/walnut strudel.

The cafe sells a variety of savory treats. There are mushroom pies and chicken pies. They looked like my samosa, so I'm not sure what was the difference in naming. There are crepes (both sweet and savory), and a selection of take-away food that included hummus, soup, cabbage rolls, and grape leaves ("regular" and vegetarian.) And, of course, there is a large assortment of pastries and cakes,

The owners and their daughter are friendly and prompt in their service. And one nice touch: water is served in real glasses (not plastic). Food is served on china plates. The coffee comes in china mugs.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BeverlyZ1008
Palm Bay, Florida
“Nice break from chains!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I had gone to the Wickham Farmer's Market and found a great stand with pastries and dinner food items. He told us he had a bakery on 5th Ave. in Indialantic that served breakfast and lunch.
We went on Sunday prior to a day at the beach (it rained) for a nice lunch and was pleasantly surprised. It is a small shop with only a few tables. Not the type of place to cater to a large group. The owners young daughter was our "waitress" and Mom came out to help.
The food was fresh and had great flavors. The "beet" soup was awesome (there weren't any beets in it at this time, which was fine with me!) as well as our salads. I had the rice and lamb pilaf which was nicely flavored but sadly only 3 pieces of lamb!
Their desserts are excellent we tried a chocolate thingy and a lemon marscapone cake which was GREAT!! We had purchased their chicken pies and Spanikopita (sp) along with an apple pastry (no sugar) at the Market so we know that they are also very good.

Give them a try...I think you'll enjoy them...especially their desserts!

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful family run cafe”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stopped in for lunch with 3 friends after an art fest. We ordered a variety of foods and everything was delicious! There's a nice selection of takeaway pre-made foods as well. The desserts looked so good we ordered a few to go and they did not disappoint. Service was great and very personable. A nice addition to the area!

• Visited February 2013