“Sunday Brunch”

City Tropics Bistro
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: City Tropics Bistro is the place to find friends and fun! Mouth watering food, thirst quenching drinks, and lush landscaping are a few of the many things you will discover at City Tropics. The kind of place you can't wait to tell your friends about. Commitment to providing guests with a high level of service, food quality, and value is #1.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been here a few times with friends for lunch and cocktails and the food has always been very good. On this occasion a group of us went for the Sunday Brunch after an overnight stay on Melbourne Beach. The variety and choices were extensive and the food was pretty good for a brunch. I prefer ordering from the menu as it seems the food sitting under heatlamps and in chafing dishes somehow loses the quality. The outdoor seating is the best, but unfortunately it was full, so we had to sit inside and it seemed like it had a stale smell that was not all that appetizing. If you go, call ahead and ask to reserve a table outside (if they take reservations....I'm not sure of this).

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I were staying at a hotel on the beach and went looking for a place to eat dinner. We found your restsurant and it had exactly what we were looking for (a place to dine outside). We had Caroline as our server and she was a doll. Catered to all our needs with a smile. Even brought me the biggest lighter when I couldn't find mine. Funny too. Next time in town we will definitely come back. Hope Caroline is still there. Thank you all

1  Thank jsloomis
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our server Marlena made our dinner with friends last evening a real pleasure. Food as usual was very tasty and a great value! Menu should satisfy most people. Have various selections over the past several years & have never been disappointed. And besides a very congenial seating inside, there also a great outside seating option.

1  Thank wolfdwi
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We eat here every Sunday. We always have the brunch buffet. It is very good! I love it because it has more than just breakfast food. It has a nice variety of salads, which is my fav. but also has plenty of other yummy selections. Something for everyone. And of course they do have plenty of good breakfast items too. Really good shrimp and grits! The value for the buffet is excellent as well. There is nowhere else around here that you can get that much variety on a buffet for the price.

The "ole" guys that play jazz music during brunch are really great. It is not rowdy jazz but pleasant. (unless you get seated right in front of them when they are set up inside, then it's too loud)

We have dined here at other times as well. We have never been disappointed in anything we have ordered.

Our favorite server is TRISH! She is the best! When we sit down she knows our little desires and she is ready. I like extra lemons, extra napkins and my husband never has to wait for a refill on his tea. She knows it's half and half with lemon. For desert, if they don't have it out on the buffet yet, she brings us a piece of cheesecake and a piece of pecan pie as she knows that's our Sunday dessert. Can't get any better than TRISH!

Brent is a good server too, when Trish is not working. He's fun and friendly.

They have a nice outside seating area for when the weather is permitting as well as a private room and a semi enclosed patio.

Its a good all around kind of place. Not fancy but consistent and local.

1  Thank dcolburn
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch out on the patio. Amber was our server,it was her first day. She did a great job and is very personable. Will definitely go back,probably at night for a different atmosphere. Recommend this place.