“Relax on the beach,Quite ,suites,everything you expect !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tuckaway Shores Resort

Tuckaway Shores Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Relax on the beach,Quite ,suites,everything you expect !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Tuckaway Shore's was a pleasant fun time. Great suite's with seperate bedroom and living room all have a kitchen ,fully equipped,,I love how all rooms are decorated differently, also TV in living room.and bedroom,, sparkling heated pool, our room was super clean,The staff very nice and helpful, our family stayed 2 weeks ,Dec2012 to Jan2013, This felt like our own cottage,with plenty of room to move about and a step to the beach,,or cookout. I would recommend The Tuckaway Shore's to couples, and Families. They have a box of all kinds of beach toys,buckets shovels ect,,,kids love and free to enjoy ..and long walks on the beach for couples.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenchar1
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your review. So happy you and your family enjoyed your stay and hope to have the pleasure of a future visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Another excellent annual trip. Fantastic views and great amenities make it such a great place. Always enjoy the pool with my daughter and the Big Green Egg with my friends. Looking forward to next year! Think I'll stay for an extra day...

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
As always, we appricate reviews by our guests and always so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. You are absolutely right, you definitely need to add "at least" one more day to your next visit.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Do not miss staying at this hotel you will love it.Rooms are clean staff is friendly the beach is beautiful I even heard other guests describe it as Heavenly !!! DO not miss whats happening at Tuckaway Shores

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Comments like yours brings a smile to my face. Listen up folks; this couple knows what they're talking about!
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Seeking a one night stay on the Space Coast, I went to Superior Small lodgings web site to locate a room for the night. I took this route as I know these smaller properties get rated by their online booking affiliate every year. The Tuckaway Shores Resort provided a really nice, clean two room suite for what I thought was a great value. My suite looked like a beach house. I had a small kitchen, two rooms nicely decorated with a stunning oceanfront view. What I really like is the personal service of these smaller properties. They actually were completely booked when I called but offered to contact me if an opening came available. I had a few days so I waited to make my reservation on the hope they would call me back. Sure enough the staff called and got me a room. I did a late arrival and everything was smooth at check-in. Coffee is offered as well as a nice pool area and deck overlooking the beach. If you like personal service and a really nice place to stay, I would take a look at this resort. Families traveling on a budget will really like the ability to eat & cook in the room. The large refrigerator is also a plus for me. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: For me I would choose the beachfront rooms. I was on the third floor so the view was great. There is...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are always so grateful for our guests taking the time to write a review. The majority of our first time guests find us through word of mouth or through travel review sites like Trip Advisor. When so many guests have such nice comments, it gives future guests a feeling of comfort in making their decison on where to stay. We are also very pleased to hear you found us through Superior Small Lodging Assn. (SSLA). The SSLA is somewhat like AAA, but only found in Florida and all no more than 50 units. From a manager's perspective, I think they conduct even more rigorous annual inspections than AAA, which we are also a AAA approved property. Those seeking, what I like to call "classic" or "old Florida" properties, should definitely visit the SSLA's web site to find members all over Florida. You can be assued all of the properties have met very high standards for cleanliness, maintenance and having caring, more personable staff. Tuckaway Shores has been a member of the SSLA for approximately eight years and I'm proud to say that I was invited to be on the SSLA's Board last January. Thank you again for mentioning the SSLA, as so many people need to be turned on to this resource.
Coloma, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is an older hotel with the charm and personality of days gone by. The staff is excellent and the rooms are extremely clean. Every room has a small kitchen and sitting area which is a nice change from the typical bed and maybe one chair of most rooms. The grounds are cleaned several times a day and are charming. This is a great location on the beach for a quiet relaxing bask in the sun. The beach area is also clean and not very crowded. Price is very fair. We throughly enjoyed our stay here and highly recommend it to anyone who truly wants a relaxing beach get-away. Shopping and resturarants are only about 5 minutes away. Definately check out their website. I'm confident you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for ocean front, the view is wonderful. We stayed on the 2nd floor and spent many ho...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of Tuckaway Shores. I totally agree with your statement about the "Charm and personality of old Florida" . It is rather sad that so many of the nice classic "old Florida" style properties have slowly disappeard. Not sure if it had anything to do with Mickey, but more to do with land value and the increase of "high rise" hotels and condos replacing the low-rise more personable properties, especially ocean front properties. We sincerely love to hear how happy our guests are to find there are still some "old Floria gems" out there.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We booked this motel on a recommendation from a friend. The location was great with only a handful of people on the beach. This was during spring break for many high schools in the country! The rooms were spacious and clean. I can't say enough about the staff, they were all freindly and very acommendating all week. I waited until I booked my room for next year to write this review! The only thing that could be a negative for some folks is the fact there are no restaurants within close walking distance from the motel. Small price to pay for the seclusion on the beach.

• Stayed April 2013
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a jewel of a resort. Very simple and clean the employees were all very accommodating and friendly. The location is away from all of the high rise hotels and the beach is quiet. All rooms are suites and the kitchens have everything you need. Very comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Wow, we're starting to think all we need to say in marketing is " read our guests' reviews posted on Trip Advisor and then make your decision". If we tried to say some of the wonderful things our guests say about us, it would sound like we're bragging. In all honesty, it's our wonderful guests that get our motor running and we think the folks that are attracted to the classic, old Florida style properties are just "Nice people". It's our guests that makes us want to exceed your expectations and that's the truth.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place

Been to Tuckaway Shores Resort? Share your experiences!