“Great week by the beach!”

Tuckaway Shores Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Hudson, Florida
“Great week by the beach!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very nice small resort with everything that we need, clean rooms with good size kitchen and just few steps from the beach, the staff are very friendly. We are planning on visiting this area again and hopefully staying at this lovely place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marthica68
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for your review and we sure hope you do return to us when back in our beautiful area. For all those not aware, Tuckaway Shores is a member of the Florida Superior Small Lodging Assn. (FSSLA), which is an association of small "classic", "retro", or what I like to call "old" Florida style properties. Small hotels, B&Bs and even motels are members, but to be a member, the owners/managers Must keep their property exceptionally clean and well maintained. We are thouroughly inspected for both cleanliness and maintainance before being invited to be a member and we're re-inspected annually (much more rigorous than AAA inspections). If we get a perfect score, we receive the coveted "White Glove" aware for superior cleanliness (Tuckaway received this prestigeous award for past five years). Had to toot our horn on that one. All members are small (less than 55 units) and most are located on either the ocean or Gulf of Mexico with some interior great locations as well. Any visitor to any of the FSSLA properties can be assured of finding a very clean and well kept property oozing that great classic or "old' Florida ambiance. I think you'll find that the smaller properties are typically operated by the owner and even if by a manager, the owner isn't far away. We owners/managers are more hands on with our properties and truly care about keeping them in pristine condition and making sure our guests really "enjoy the experience" of your stay. If you've only stayed in large branded hotels, you just might want to try one of the SSLA properties and see if they don't win you over.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Dacula, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Tuckaway Shores. The staff were all friendly and helpful. It is close to everything, but you would never know it. And you can't beat the fact that it is right on the beach!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
shores1441, Owner at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Normally, I respond to our reviews as the manager of Tuckaway Shores, but I'm also an owner of three of Tuckaway's 32 condo-hotel units/suites, so thought I'd reply as an owner this time. All of the owners at Tuckaway sincerely care about our property and truly want our guests to feel "at home". We love to hear how much our guests enjoy their stay with us and we'll keep doing everything we can to insure Tuckaway will continue to be one of the cleanest and best kept places you will ever stay,our staff will always treat you as one of the family. We love to hear our guests tell us that they feel like they're coming home when they return for visitis. Hurry on back!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Perfect name for this place. Ocean view with a balcony. Priced right, refrigerator, micro wave. Ect. Nice set up, walk to restaurants, shops, Starbucks. Turtle watch, birds, view, pool. Check in and ot was a breeze, courteous people at the desk. We watched people fishing from the shore, windsurfing, surfing. Not some many shells on this beach. Melbourne is a nice small town.

Room Tip: Ocean view!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend while here relaxing. We can't thank our guests enough for the time you take in writing a review. We also can't get enough of hearing from our guests how much they enjoyed their stay with us. Hopefully, you've found your new beach get-way.
oak lawn illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Did not want to leave. If your looking for a place to relax, meet friendly fellow travelers, see Florida as it was, enjoy the endless ocean view, experience the local sea life, then go here. Clean and taken care of. The housekeeper really know there job. Thank You ladies.
And I must give the young lady whom made us feel like family who works in the office my most heart filled Thank you. Beth, if your boss ever retires you deserve to run Tuckaway.
Jerry Zerinskas Oak Lawn Illinois

Room Tip: my suggestion book on 2nd. floor only. Top floor {3rd.} does not have a true balcony only a step ou...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
OK, what did Beth have to pay you for your very nice comments? Just Kidding; she is a sweetheart, but I like to think all of our employees go the extra mile. We love to hear comments from our guests as that helps tell us if there is anythilng we need to do better. Thank your very nice comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The rooms are clean and well equipped and we especially enjoy the convenience of having a full refrigerator and kitchenette.
The beach is beautiful and the pool is a plus. Also, the Staff is very friendly and were very accommodating with our large group letting us use the cabana way past closing time. Our family has been coming here at least annually for a number of years and look forward to it every time. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: It is nice to be on the ground floor but the 2nd and 3rd floors have a great ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Adi C
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you; we appreciate your time taken to let others know of your feelings for Tuckaway Shores and why you keep returning to us. We'll keep up or commitment to you and hope to have the pleasure of many future visits.
oklahoma
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Beautiful view - third floor ocean view. Booked in February for July trip. Loved the sound of the ocean. Even though my visit was in July, I was able to open the triple pane doors at night and get an ocean breeze and hear the surf.
Rooms were clean but dated and cluttered. Fortunately there are plenty of drawers to store the clutter, which of course includes polyester floral arrangements in white wicker baskets. On the plus side, the rooms, or at least the room I stayed in was complete with kitchen utensils and a coffee maker. There's even a little stove top and a pretty good sized refrigerator and freezer.
The bathroom was tiny and stuffy, and there's no place to hang a wet swimming suit. The suite I rented was completely carpeted (including the kitchen area), so smells can be a problem. In my particular unit, the smell of cigarette smoke permeated the bedspreads, curtains and carpeting. I was particularly disappointed with the cigarette smell, as I'd asked specifically about that issue when booking the room in February for a July visit. I was assured the rooms were smoke free. I discovered upon arrival that units were up for sale, and of course, once they sell, an owner is free to smoke all they wish. A front desk clerk claimed the owners of the unit beneath my rental were heavy smokers. Wish I'd known that in February.

Room Tip: If staying several days and driving to the beach, I'd recommend bringing an umbrella or EZ-up fo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank boomchick
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Sorry that you found the suite to be cluttered; most of our guests comment how much they like the decor. Tuckaway Shores is a condo-hotel with the units owned by individuals that rent their unit through our rental program. All of our suites are smoke free and we diligently try to ensure that our guests and owners respect and abide by the rules. The owner you mentioned did not rent his unit and did smoke in it, but he just sold his unit, so we should no longer have that problem. Hopefully, you give us another opportunity in the future to ensure tht you have a "perfect" visit.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2013

After an exhaustive search, I found Tuckaway Shores Resort. It was exactly as I had hoped - and more! Knowing of the numerous White Glove Awards that the property has received, I expected our suite to be clean. It was spotless and it smelled so good! I had not a single qualm about letting my 19-month old son sit on/play on the carpet or walk around the room barefoot. I appreciated the complimentary beach chairs, beach towels and pool toys. We stayed on the third floor but it was so warm that we never completely opened the sliding doors. We are already booked for next year - for FIVE nights - on the 2nd floor (balcony!) and I am sure it won't be long enough, either! :) Each member of the staff was knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. TSR is my new beach home! Thank you, Jacqui and staff!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
We LOVE the fact that you LOVED your visit with us. We can now add you to our wonderful list of returning guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place

Been to Tuckaway Shores Resort? Share your experiences!