Tuckaway Shores Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway(Indialantic)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Beachfront
US$206
Residence Inn
Beach House Motel(Indialantic)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthird floorbig green eggheated poolbeach toysno elevatorsmall kitchenettetwo room suitespace coastfull housebedroom areaglass doorrooms are cleangreat beachsouth floridaentire wallold floridaa queen size bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Haven't been to Tuckaway Shores for a few years, but I would like to comment anyway. My family has been going to Tuckaway every summer for at least 5 years. I had the pleasure of joining them for two summers in a row, a few years ago. I had never traveled to Florida before, and was pleasantly surprised.

I love the slow moving days, gathering beach stuff, putting on lotion, and strolling (such a short stroll) down to the beach. We'd spend these days running back and forth from the beach to the pool and back to the beach again. I fondly remember the evenings my family would gather together and trade off cooking meals for each other using the appliances and dishes in our rooms, or the grills out near the pool.

It seemed like it was always hot outside, but the air conditioning worked like a charm in the rooms. Plus, the cleaning staff was friendly and cleaned everyday.

Many of our nights were spent walking along the beach, listening to the waves, spotting turtles every now and then, and discovering baby turtle prints in the sand leading to the water.

I can't imagine anything more you'd need than you get right here at this quaint, little resort. You're close to the beach, the rooms are clean, and the staff is lovely. It's the perfect meeting places for my family, separated by many miles, to reunite for a slow-moving, relaxing vacation.

Thanks Tuckaway Shores!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren G
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

we love to be thought of as a family staple. We hope your family continues to return for your family reunions for many years to come. Even though it's been a few years since your last visit, we look for ward to your return and thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We only spent one night and I hope to return again soon. It was clean and comfortable and all the staff were helpful and kind! I loved being able to open the door to hear the ocean waves and walk just steps to the beach! We had a patio to sit and enjoy dinner and breakfast in the beautiful FL sunshine! It is a quiet, clean beach.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Goatsx4
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Relaxation is probably the number one attraction our guests seek whle staying with us. We do have one of the most secluded and least populated beaches around, which does seem to help with laying back and relaxing. Thank you for taking the time to share your comment s with others, we always appreciate our guests' thoughtfulness.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Such a brilliant site that we had great difficulty moving away from our balcony overlooking the beach and ocean. Very friendly and helpful staff . However a few minor niggles; our unit (222) was a little "tired" and could do with freshening up;the quality of the bed linen should certainly be improved; and the cooking facilities were so slow and antiquated that any ideas of self catering were soon discarded. Heating up water for a hot drink in the microwave is not ideal. If you are eating out do try Islands Fish grill, and Scott's on 5th Avenue, do not go to Skewers on the same Av.; for breakfast the Friendly Toast Cafe down the road on Ocean Av. is great. Overall we had a good time here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimc352

Always appreciate our guests' reviews, including those suggesting how we can improve. We do use very high quality bed linen, so I'm not sure what you mean by your comment. as far as slow cooking, our two-burner range top was checked in your suite and everything seems to work fine. , We do use stainless steel pots/pans and stainless does take longer to heat up, which might make it seem like the cook top is slow. We are pleased that you did enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights this past week. (4/12/-4/16/2014. We had two oceanfront second floor suites and one oceanfront ground floor suite. Jacqui, the manager had suggested this arrangement for us when I originally spoke with her. Everyone was very pleased with our rooms and the entire place was just perfect for us. We are all planning another stay next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Pheww, I'm so happy that our recommendation for location of suites worked well for you and your group and we look forward to your return visit with us. We greatly appreciate your review. There are many small groups of relatives and/or friends that enjoy traveling together and seeking the "right' kind of place that offers a more intimate atomosphere where they don't feel lost in the crowd. Reviews like yours offers others seeking lodging for a small group more ideas of possible choices.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Staying at Tuckaway Shores brings me back to my childhood. It's incredibly quaint, clean and the staff couldn't be more hospitable. The view of the Atlantic Ocean, the spectacular beach and pool make it one of the best places I have ever stayed. Indialantic is such a cute community too!

Room Tip: Beach view great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robin D
shores1441, Manager at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful review. I think your comment re: 'takes me back to my childhood" is so right on. I wish all those that never had the pleasure of staying in our type of property while growing up in Florida would try it now as an adult.
There is something special about an "old" Florida style property when it meets or exceeds your expectation.