“Peaceful Beach SUITE Getaway”

Tuckaway Shores Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Reviewed 28 September 2010

RELAXATION with the sandpipers! More than adequate livingroom and bedroom. I paid about the same amount for 4 nights over Labor Day as I would have paid for 7 nights at their usual rate, which is surely worth it. Each suite has only one parking space available. If you want to be near the "Space Coast", but don't prefer chain hotels, this should be a truly "on-the-beach" excellent choice. (For great variety in deli food and drink, check out the nearby Melbourne Beach Market, 302 Ocean Av. Turn L from the parking lot of Tuckaway Shores.)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 August 2010

1st stay in May was fine. thought we would return. then......
booked for 2nd stay in Oct. have a confirmation # . was called today they will NOT honor it. will charge $152. more for same stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they also will not let me change from 3 days to 2 (sun + mon only)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank unhappy73
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The hotel room was clean and the kitchen was well supplied. I had asked for two double beds and a blow up mattress. What I got was a queen bed, pullout couch and a blow up mattress that I wasn't told was $10 charge. They excussed the $10 fee since they forgot to let me know of the charge. The bathroom was tiny (just the tub and toilet in there). The bathroom sink was in the bedroom. We had a nice view of the ocean from the second floor. I am glad we did not choose the first floor. It seemed like it was an obstructed view from the vegetation. It seemed their air conditioning unit was ancient. Never really was comfortable at night. When the air conditioning kicked on, you were freezing. When it kicked off, I felt very uncomfortable. The air would kick on for 5 minutes then off for 15 minutes. All night long, I was putting on the covers, then taking them off. They ask you not to lower it lower than 72 degrees because the coils would freeze up and when it warmed up, the coils would leak. Even at 72 degrees, it felt uncomfortable. The room came with 2 televisions (one in the bedroom and one in the living room/kitchen). It took a little while to figure them out. The remotes did not seem to work. You had to get up to turn the station or change the volume.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We just returned from the Tuckaway and plan on visiting again. We were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful ocean front view from our second floor room and the cleanliness of not just our room but the entire property. The property is very well maintained. This is a perfect location for anyone that is looking to get away from the chaos of life for awhile. It is in close proximity to a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment. The staff was pleasant and eager to assist us in anyway we needed. The laundry area was also very clean and reasonably priced. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2010

What a fabulous "old Florida" hotel. The staff are the most exceptional folks I've come across in a very long time. My first, and to me most important, impression was how clean this place is. For the few days we were there not an hour went by that this property was not being cleaned or maintained in some fashion....very impressive !! The view from the second floor ocean view is spectacular to say the least. One of my best photos was taken of the beach on my cell phone from INSIDE the room !!! My husband and I were actually able to totally relax for the first time ever...because there was absolutely nothing to fuss or complain about !! It's not an interior design showcase but that just adds to the old world charm of pure Florida decor !! If you need to stay "connected" the wi-fi worked flawlessly. Highly, highly recommend this place and can't wait for my next visit this spring.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I want to highly recommend this little treasure. I was so happy a friend recommended this place and was very pleased. The statt was wonderful and the location was outstanding. I plan to vist again in July if everything works out and rooms are available.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2009

My family and I stayed at Tuckaway shores for a week for our Spring Break. I wanted a place off the beaten path so we could have privacy and safety not have to battle crowds at the beach. That's exactly what we found. Tuckaway shores is located on a main road and we were there over Spring Break, and literally on any given day there were no more than four or five other families or groups of people on the beach. It was quiet, my two daughters had their own shell collections right on the beach that never so much as got disturbed, and we could often just leave our stuff on the beach if we had to head back to the room since there was hardly anyone there. If we headed about 1/4 mile down the shoreline there was a public beach that was very crowded, but by the resort it was nice and quiet. They also had water and sand toys for the girls to use so we didn't have to lug any with us which was very nice. The resort has a heated outdoor pool which was very warm - the thermostat happened to break on the second to last day of our stay, so the water was cold then, but otherwise I think they said it was kept at 80-something. My daughter was just about as infatuated with the pool as she was with the ocean.

We had a first floor oceanview suite, which I highly recommend. Any other rooms on the second or third floor you have to walk down a staircase along the back of the building and then cut through or around the building to get to the bridge to the beach....with being on the first floor we had a door that opened up directly to the bridge to the beach and ocean which, especially with little ones, was nice. I was concerned that we may not be able to see the ocean as well with being on the first floor but we could see and hear it just fine. One thing I did not like, however, is that you could not open the windows to get some fresh air or hear the ocean. There were no screens on the windows and they didn't even open. If we wanted some air or to hear the ocean we had to leave the door open which led to bugs getting in the room.

Regarding the rooms, the size was fine and as expected. We had a queen size bed and a couch that pulled out into a bed. I read other reviews and was forewarned about the hard beds, but they were even more uncomfortable and hard than I was prepared for. Neither my husband or I slept the first night, and on the second day he went to Walmart and got a memory foam pad for $35. Unfortunate that we had to spend the extra money but at least we got some sleep during our vacation! In my opinion, I think the resort should invest at least in some matress pads if not new mattresses! There was a kitchenette that seemed to stock almost all necessary utensils (including a corkscrew and coffee maker).

We went to Magic Kingdom one day and it took almost an hour and a half to get there. Just an FYI for families interested in staying here but going to travel to the theme parks. There are a ton of restaurants and a grocery store nearby...it seemed like everything we needed plus some was around.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
Sea View Inn
Sea View Inn
#3 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Tuckaway Shores Resort? Share your experiences!