“Great Little Motel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Dacula, Georgia, United States
“Great Little Motel”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent a few nights here while visiting family. The room was perfect. Steps from the beach. Although we didn't use it, they have a large grill and outdoor seating to entertain! I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trish P
seascapefl, Manager at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us; it is our goal to provide excellent customer service and the cleanest rooms possible. We are so happy you were satisfied with your accommodations! We look forward to your return visit! Best wishes, Debbie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cedar Lake, Indiana
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Quaint and quirky, but overall a lovely experience! We loved being steps from the beach and seeing all of the sea turtle nests on our beach walks. The unit was clean, well stocked with a comfortable bed and the staff wonderfully attentive. It was quiet and peaceful, yet close to all kinds of great restaurants, shopping and attractions. We needed to get some work done while on our trip, which was challenging at times, with the slow internet, but there's a Starbucks right down the road if you have trouble. We will definitely be returning. A great find at an extremely reasonable rate.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel M
We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and that you were able to see the many Sea Turtle nests in the area.
I am very pleased to tell you we are upgrading our WiFi connection and we should have a much better service for you on your next visit!
Many Thanks, Debbie
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I did not stay in this hotel. Unfortunately I had to cancel and I was informed that they will hold my deposit for one year and I could use it in this period. I had booked months earlier by booking.com. Ms Zari explained me that it is cancellation policy that is different from booking.com. I argued that it would not be a problem if they stated that policy in the confirmation booking or in some webpage. Since none of then was done I asked for return my deposit because I canceled in advance. They ignored my e-mail.
It makes me wonder what other hidden traps this hotel could have. I'll never go there to check it out.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Carla L
seascapefl, Manager at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hello and thank you for bringing this to my attention. First let me apologize for the manner in which you were treated. While it is our policy to hold a credit for one year for cancellations, we do refund any Booking.com reservations, as this is the agreement that we have with the company. Please call the office or send an email directly to me and I we promptly refund your deposit, if I have not already done so. Whenever I find a booking.com cancellation I do immediately refund the guest.
Again, I am extremely sorry for this. Debbie Miles
Chattanooga
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We've never stayed at a small quaint hotel like this before so I was a bit nervous about booking. We stayed in room 10 which had a small kitchen fully stocked with pots and plans and dishes. It had a separate bedroom and a sofa that made a bed. Staff were nice and always available during the day. They did close the office at 6 but listed a phone number to call if you had a problem. I had trouble with the internet but other than that, we had a great stay. It was very quiet, no loud guests and even though we saw a few other guests, it seemed like we were there by ourselves. They do not have a pool. I am glad I trusted the reviews on this one because overall it was better than mot of the name brand hotels we stay at. It is definitely a great place to stay if you are looking for a beach hotel to stay for more than a couple of days.

Room Tip: Book a suite with a kitchen if you plan to stay for a few days.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcia P
seascapefl, Manager at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, we take pride in providing clean rooms and exceptional customer service.
We are sorry to hear you had some difficulties with the Internet, we are working with our provider to create better service for our WiFi guests. We hope by the time you make a return visit we will have this issue resolved.
We hope to see you again soon, Best Wishes, Debbie Miles
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I've stayed here several times over the years and really appreciate the warm and accommodating reception I've gotten from Debbie in the office each time and just the overall laid-back feeling of the place. This was the first time I had the ocean-facing room (#12) which had great views and was perfect with the little kitchenette and table right by the window. Was surprised that dishes and utensils were included…along with the fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, they made my breakfasts very convenient each morning. Slept great in the queen bed and appreciated the extra pillows and blankets that were available. I'll definitely be returning again and requesting this room when I do!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean worth the little extra cost!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mark D
seascapefl, Manager at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you Mark for the wonderful review! I am so pleased you enjoyed room #12 so much. I really like that room as well. It is perfect for one guest or two if they are very good friends as it is one of our smaller rooms. It is always a pleasure when we have such wonderful guests like yourself! Until the next visit stay safe. Best Wishes, Debbie
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This motel feels like your visiting family at a beach house. We stayed in room 14. This is the largest room that faces the ocean. it was so nice to wake up each morning with the sun shining through the big windows and double doors. Now this is not a 5 star motel, but the views are incredible. We were able to take nightly strolls, and even had a chance to see the large sea turtles digging in to lay their eggs. what a treat that was. Room 14 has a full kitchen, king bed, pull out sofa, plenty of room for the family. One suggestion is buy or bring bug spray. We did encounter some ants and a couple of roaches. But this is Florida, land of the many BIG bugs. Staff were very polite and helpful. Anything we asked for we got it no problem. The air conditioner was making some noise. They replaced it with a new one. The value was really good. We would stay there again if we come come back! Room #14.....

Room Tip: Room #14 is the largest, faces the ocean. this is a small Motel. Ask them to send pictures so you c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alan M
Thank you for the nice review! Room #14 is a great room, we are so happy you and your family were able to stay with us in the oceanfront suite.

Viewing the turtles laying their eggs is such a marvelous experience, I look forward to it every year and I am always so thrilled when our guests manage to see this for the first time.

Thank you for understanding about the Florida bugs. The ants are very difficult to control but fortunately only become a nuisance a few times a year. The large flying Palmetto bugs love to come in after a thunderstorm and can be frightening if you've never seen one before! Glad that you and your family were no stranger to the Florida insects.

We hope to see you again soon! Best Wishes, Debbie
Reviewed 24 May 2014

quaint place with a few rentals right on the beach..great daily service..friendly host that updates on a board the daily activities,,(rocket launch)...steps from the ocean...nice covered tiki hut with a bbq grill next to it..no pool but still had a great 8 day stay...will go back again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
seascapefl, Manager at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for such a glowing review. We are so happy you were able to see a rocket launch while you were visiting us. I always feel so fortunate when I experience a launch. That is why they call this area the "Space Coast" and also why our area code is (321), for 3-2-1 Blast Off!
We hope you will be able to come for a return visit sometime in the near future.
Until then... Best wishes, Debbie Miles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway? Share your experiences!