“excellent crab cakes” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Orlando, Florida
“excellent crab cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

crab cakes are excellent--you can even have them for breakfast as crab cakes benedict. Yum. also the seafood chowder which they say is award winning is really worth getting

Visited September 2011

Palm Bay, Florida
“Not worth the $$$ at all!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

I attended a conference here the week before I decided to take my family. The catered food was good.

It was father's day, my family asked me where I wanted to go and I figured we would go here for an ocean-view dinner.

What a disappointment! The restaurant closes at 10:00 pm, so we made reservations for 8:00 pm. When we arrived, they suggested we sit outside. We were with our two kids (2 and 6 months). The server was very unknowledgable and sloppy. Everytime we requested something it was a bother. Guys, I promise we are NOT high maintenance. Being parents of 2, we pre-plan.

Because of the Sea Turtles (which by the way we TOTALLY support), they could not have any lights on outside. None.....period. They brought two tea lamps and we were eating in the dark! Couldn't see in front of us. The lighting was not even good enough for a romantic dinner. So we asked to go inside, and it was apparently a problem because they cleaned and prepared the inside of the restaurant for breakfast! At 8:45 pm??? I thought they closed at 10 pm??

The food was just "ok" but VERY pricey. We were 3 adults and spent over $170.00. This restaurant is just not worth the $57 per person. It's like a Holiday Inn on steriods!

Not a big complainer, hardly ever do...but don't eat here unless you HAVE to or are staying in the hotel.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tremdis
Iowa
“The food and staff are great, the surroundings average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2009

When we arrived, I was concerned because the restaurant is cluttered. High window sills prevent diners from looking out on a great ocean view. Hard surface finishes make it rather loud. And the physical layout is clumsy.

However, the food was a surprise. The breakfasts, both off the menu and buffet, were terrific. Seafood dishes were fresh and wonderful. We stayed three days and ate a number of meals, all of it very good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Great Location - Food not so great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2008

My husband and I had lunch here. We sat outside on the terrace overlooking the beach and the view was beautiful! The chairs were comfy, umbrellas over each table provided shade as needed and the ocean breeze was perfect. The food, however, was not good. We both had 'catch of the day" sandwiches (mahi-mahi) and the fish was less than fresh. My mother was with us and she had the chowder and a sandwich. The chowder, also, was not very good. Compared to other seafood we have had in this area our food was less than mediocre. Service was so-so - we waited about 30 minutess for our food but did not really mind since we were in such a lovely location.

We would not eat there again.

Marietta GA
“Oceanside with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2007

This was the only oceanside restaurant we could find in Satellite Beach near Melbourne, FL. The food was exceptional, but the service only fair. A different server would have made for a better experience. However, the view of the ocean from the restaurant's terrace dining area was magnificent.

1 Thank MacGA