“Fantastic!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indialantic
Oceanfront Cottages
Mary Esther, Florida
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Staying at Oceanfront Cottages is the ultimate in relaxation! We have stayed twice now and are already planning our next trip. Robert and his staff are excellent at providing premium customer service without being intrusive. It is a pleasure to stay at such a peaceful property with unique atmosphere. Step to the beach in the morning, come back in the afternoon for wine on the deck - wonderful! Within walking distance to several great restaurants for dinner. It is hard to leave, but we love it and will be back again and again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janna B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
UK
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 days in October 13 in the Havana Suite. We wished we could have stayed longer, the location and facilities were exactly as described on their website. Our suite was literally across the road from the sea which we could see from the balcony and jacuzzi. The bed was very comfortable with expensive linens. There were no cooking facilities (this was indicated when we booked) but we had a very good breakfast at the beachside cafe which was 5 minutes walk away. We would certainly rebook again if holidaying in this area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LELH
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 20 July 2013

If i could express our wonderful experience we had while staying in the St. Thomas Suite from June 14 through June 20th of this year, I could not do it in a few words. When we first arrived, it was just as it looked on the website, except that it was reality. Everything was just as described, to a tee. Upon arrival, you have your own personal parking spot, your room is ready for you, spotless and perfectly decorated. The staff, Nikki and Tim were amazing, Nikki would always arrive just at the right time (not to early and not too late), with a slight knock on the door and provide us with everything we needed, even local information and where to go and what to do. The staff, giving us the service and the privacy that is found, well, nowhere. Tim each morning always greeting us on a first name basis as we headed out for the day, and reminding me of where the extra propane tanks were for the grill, in case i ran out. (I love to grill, and actually grilled fresh lobster for the first time!) Both are a true testimony to what a staff should be. High priced "resorts" could learn a few lessons (we've stayed at many). We took advantage of every comfort that the St. Thomas Suite offered, right down to the iron. The deck overlooking the ocean and the hot tub were our favorite spots each night, as we would listen to the ocean and then relax in the hot tub, only to go back to the deck. The bed was, well, awesome!!
The atmosphere was relaxing, and calm. Peaceful. Our "zen", is the closest word to describe it. The beach was perfect. Never crowded. You can walk out your door and be at the beach. We spent our last two days on the beach all day. (we spent the first day there on the beach getting fried, we are from Missouri, what do we know!)
Our last full day there, just as we had come back from the beach, it had started raining, and i told my wife that the beach gods were crying, because we were leaving the next day. I think we were crying in harmony, because of the wonderful atmosphere that Indialantic Oceanfront Cottages and Robert his staff provided for our vacation. You feel as if you have the whole place to yourself.
If you’re looking for the "night life" this is not the place for you. If you’re looking for a relaxing, laid-back, get-away, then this is the place. Don't fret if your into taking in the sights and activities, they are a short drive, and after a day of activities, coming "home" to Oceanfront Cottages, is just what the doctor ordered. You will not be disappointed.
Thank you tremendously Robert, Tim and Nikki for making our dream vacation come true.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chris D
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Private,comfortable, restful, and just a lovely find.We will be back again. Best two-day trip I can ever recall. Thanks Robert for a lovely time. And Nikki for your attentiveness. The decor was excellently done. We loved the St. Thomas.

Richard and Darla.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank lotbb1
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

With plans to visit a family member in Melbourne, I took to Google to search for a boutique hotel, but nothing immediately caught my eye. That's when I searched for "beachfront cottage Melbourne, FL" and found this little gem.

I noticed they had exactly one room open for one night which was PERFECT as that was just what I needed. I appreciated Robert's, the owner, timely response to my email inquiry.

Just hours later we arrived and it was almost as if we'd found a miniature paradise. It's quaint and cozy but not too small, not overly simple and definitely not crowded. In fact, I saw one man lounging poolside upon arrival and a nice couple on their patio sorting seashell finds. Other than that, I saw no one besides the staff despite it being fully booked.

We invited our family member over for some mahi mahi that we grilled on our balcony overlooking the beach. The rest of dinner was prepared in a FULLY STOCKED kitchen (besides food, of course.) I can't tell you how many resorts and hotels claim to have a kitchen but have no way to actually prepare food. This place has utensils, pots & pans, blender, beautiful dishes, & more. Even the paper towels were the better absorbency brand.

Later in the evening we decided to take a late night dip in the pool. It was after ten so quiet hours applied which was perfect for us anyway. We enjoying swimming under the moonlight in a pool shielded from view by lush greenery. There were plenty of lounge chairs for even the busiest day, I'm sure. The pool is small, but does reach a depth of 5 1/2 feet. After our quick dip we headed back to our cottage and turned off all the lights and sat in our personal jacuzzi on our very private balcony. In the far off distance we could see lightning which added to the ambiance as no sounds other than nature were heard besides an occasional auto somewhere out of sight. The crashing waves hitting the shore were clearly audible and amazingly relaxing. It was a calm that can not be bought in any spa!

We came back inside ready to retire for the night. We set the alarm for 6 am in order to enjoy low tide beach combing, but the only problem we found in the suite was the bed. We simply could not force ourselves away from it. It was a perfect combination of firm and soft. I have never slept better on any bed. I'm already sad that tonight I'll be without that luxurious bed.

The decor is great, an eclectic mixture of modern and vintage, old Florida and Mexico. Surprisingly it works together beautifully. There's a closet in the Cayman Suite which is unmatched in any resort I've ever visited, and I travel a lot. Due to our short stay we didn't really utilize it, but if staying a few days or weeks, you'd be able to unpack and pretend to be home.

The suite towels were plush and absorbent and the beach/pool towels are thick, soft, classy, newer and absorbent, unlike the cheap things you find at most luxury resorts which often charge extra just to use them. The bed linens on the king size bed were perfectly comfortable, and I'd buy the same for my home.

The only thing I'd upgrade would be the bathroom tissue, but I'm picky about that and bring my own anyway. The resort uses better than what I typically find at even the finest resorts, but a better, thicker option is still preferred.

Overall, I not only will come back, I will yearn to come back when I can stay for a week or two. I will dream of this place as something about it struck a chord in me. I'll use it to model my own dream resort and hope to produce a film here in the future. Honestly, I've rarely seen what I call a five star resort based on service and how they manage the amenities they offer. This is truly a five star. If you are looking for room service and such, you may not be happy here, but I'd rather cook healthy meals, save the money while having everything my own way. I prefer mixing my own drinks and enjoying them at an uncrowded poolside or beach that's literally steps away--no need to even count them as the surf and sand are that close.

Additionally, there are beach chairs available for your enjoyment, too. That's usually another hidden cost found at larger resorts or hotels, plus they expect them returned by sundown, and I enjoy watching the sun set from my beach chair. I found everything available to use at the Cottages to be just that--available to use. What an amazing concept! Maybe this will catch on with other resorts. We can only hope. I digress...

Another fantastic example of attention to detail is the assigned free parking space which means you actually get a place! Why can other resorts not figure this simple strategy out? Who wants to get frustrated trying to park while on vacation or walk blocks in Florida heat while exhausted from a day's play or carrying your shopping finds long distances. Assigned parking is such a simple, yet oft overlooked, part of resort planning and Robert got this detail exactly right!

Book this place if in the area and be sure to tip the housekeeper. I watched her working and she really does pay attention to detail. In fact, I walked barefoot on the Mexican tiled floor and did not discover even a single grain of sand. Now folks, that's clean especially beachside!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Arctic2Islands
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2013

The Perfect Vacation. We stayed in the Cayman Suite which was just beautiful.Peaceful,spotless our perfect vacation.OCEANFRONT COTTAGES is everything anyone would ever want in a vacation get-away!!!!
The suites and property are pristine,waking with a view of the ocean and going to sleep with the sound of the waves, what else could you ever ask for.The Cayman Suite was private,hot tub was a real treat, the BED was AMAZING.
One week was too short, next visit will be longer for sure. We want to thank Robert (owner) for making this place so special,Oceanfront Cottages shows Pride of ownership.

Room Tip: Each suite is beautiful, no elevator so ground floor suites would be better suited for someone who d...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lorraine L
Maine
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We are so appreciative of our FABULOUS , relaxing vacation last week in the Cayman Suite ! My husband and I have travelled for many years and OCEANFRONT COTTAGES is the very first place we have found to be EXACTLY as advertised !!! The housekeeper (Nikki) does an amazing job refreshing towels, cleaning, and was helpful answering our "where to go" questions !!! The property is abundantly lit at night , we felt so safe to stroll the beach ! Our kitchen was well equipped, bed and pillows comfy, furniture and de'cor nicely placed...was so peaceful to look out across beautifully manicured parking lot, as we watched the waves roll in ! Robert,( the owner) was prompt to inform us of tasty places for fresh juice, dinners, and soothing massages !!! ( we each had 2 during the week ) !On the plane flying home, I turned to my husband and announced "you will NEVER again wonder what I would like for my Birthday" !!!

Room Tip: We viewed all the cottages......stayed in the Cayman and Bahama. Each has its own special character...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dancesophie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

Been to Oceanfront Cottages? Share your experiences!