“My first B&B experience - awesome!”

Windemere Inn by the Sea
Ranked #1 of 2 Indialantic B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was my first time staying at a B&B. My husband surprised me with a weekend stay for our 25th anniversary. Although we live locally, it felt like we were miles away. So relaxing, plenty of places to just chill, either on the balcony of our room or by the koi pond, or the pergola on the beach or on the beach itself. The manager helped my hubby arrange for dinner reservations and massages as well. Breakfast was delicious, and the homemade cookies marvelous. Small library of books, DVD's and kitchen area that guests could use with Keurig coffee machine, snacks, & fridge stocked with sodas and water as well as a microwave. Room very clean and nicely appointed with comfy bed & wonderful linens. Thanks to the great staff - we hated to leave!

Room Tip: We stayed on the beach side, and had to make sure we had all our shutters drawn on the balcony doors...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband surprised me with a stay at this lovely Bed and Breakfast on the ocean. We are locals and I have often commented I'd like to stay here as we drove by it. It was nothing short of heaven. Every detail is perfect! The Lookout room was ours for the night and it was just beautiful. Breakfast was wonderful but I am gluten free so Bonnie made me some delicious scrambled eggs. I don't know what she put in them but they were yummy. We plan to stay here again and I highly recommend Windemere as your best place to feel like a King and Queen without without the pocketbook price for royalty!

Room Tip: The Lookout room is at the top of the stairs with no one else on the floor. If you want privacy wit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

this Inn really delivers. Great location-you can walk to restaurants but the beach right in front not crowded at all, as there are only houses in the immediate area. They provide beach chairs, umbrellas, body boards flippers and even some sand toys. They have a great seating area on top of the dune and a lovely garden area with koi pond you can relax in next to the house. Our room was super clean and comfortable as were the other common areas. The inn was full on 2 of our 3 nights but we didn't hear any of the other guest. Breakfasts were great, and the constantly available cookies and soft drinks/ bottled waters were another plus. Finally, there was social hour, with wine and horsdeuvres (but do remember to sign up-they make things rather than defrosting them, so they need to know how many folks to expect). The Innkeepers were friendly and helpful without hovering. I hope our travels bring us back this way so we can stay here again. It is a terrific getaway.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This bed and breakfast was beautiful. The room is right on the ocean with a great view from the window of your room. We basically had the beach to ourselves. With Melbourne being between Coco Beach and Cape Canaveral, most of the tourists are at opposite ends of the beach. The breakfasts cooked by Bonnie were some of the best we ever had including stuffed french toast, souffles, and fresh baked crescents. They have so many extra amenities for guests like beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels, fresh baked cookies everyday, snacks, chocolates in your room, sodas in the refrigerator, and soaps for the jacuzzi tub. The service really made you feel like you were at home. We would highly recommend this place. Definitely a best-kept secret of Melbourne and Florida in general!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We traveled from Jacksonville for a 5-night getaway at the Windemere Inn and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the cottage and got up every morning to watch the sun rise from the pergola situated on the dunes right across from our room. The view was unbelievable! Indialantic Beach is fairly secluded and we felt like we had our own private beach. After an early morning walk on the beach each day, we returned to the main house for a delicious breakfast. The innkeeper, Bonnie, was very accommodating and went out of her way to meet our needs. We had such a great, relaxing time and couldn't have asked for a better vacation! Windemere is truly a 5-star bed and breakfast and we can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I needed an ocean front B & B where I could get away and focus on my writing, and Windemere provided the perfect get away! Everything from the room décor, breath-taking ocean view rooms, and delicious breakfast were all superb. Thank you Bonnie and your staff for making this a very memorable event. Windemere will be bookmarked as a place for me to return for inspiration.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I live on the west coast of Florida. We had an opportunity to go to the east coast for business. We found a wonderful Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in the Seabreeze Suite. It was beautifully appointed, even prettier than the pictures.

We had wonderful service, good food. Every morning was a surprise with a gourmet breakfast that was delish!!! We enjoyed our wine on the Pergola across from our suite, as well as apps on the porch right outside our door.

The bathroom is huge with a wonderful spa tub! The Windemere is a five star bed and breakfast and one that should be considered for anyone travelling to that area.

Thank you Bonnie for making our stay so special!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a suite with lots of room, the Seabreeze is beautiful. However, we were fortunate to se...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
Port d'Hiver
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Windemere Inn by the Sea? Share your experiences!