“Great Italian in Indian Harbor Beach”

Melo's Italian Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indialantic, Florida
“Great Italian in Indian Harbor Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Decided on a last minute visit to Melo's since it is across the street. Our son had been there before and liked it, however the reviews for this restaurant we looked at were all over the place. Our experience here was very good, the service was amazing and the food was excellent. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful, food was well prepared and served piping hot. The creamy Italian dressing on house salad is a great choice, not overly "creamy" and an excellent flavor, downside was the bread, although it tasted excellent it is so crusty we chose not to eat much since it made a mess all over the table, and was closer to a French baguette than Italian bread.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Steve J

Fairfax, Virginia
“Worthy of a Second Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a traditional, authentic Italian restaurant. A good find! Homemade pasta, good bread, excellent service, polite staff. Nice atmosphere. Clean. Family friendly. Wonderfully varied menu. Lots to choose from. I choose the special ... blackened Mahi and scallops. While the portion was excellent, the cayenne (?) pepper was overpowering. Wish I had known the chef was heavy handed with the spices as I would have ordered something else. It was too spicy for me and I could not eat it. I should have sent it back but we were with friends and I did not want to make it an issue. I thought perhaps our server would take note I did to eat my meal and recommend something else or remove it from the bill but, sadly, that did not happen. The chicken soup, however, was delicious... Lots of tender chicken, tasty broth, plentiful veggies. The pasta side dish with marinara was delicious. Perfect amount of sauce in relation to the pasta serving. Very nice house chianti. My wife and our friends loved their meals ... Smoked salmon fettuccine, gnocchi, lasagne, sausage and meatball parmigiana. All dishes were served hot and of ample portion. The pistachio gelato was delicious as was the coconut cake. While I was disappointed with my meal, I will definitely return to Melo's (but not order anything blackened).

• Visited March 2014
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“The best of Italy in this area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

From fresh pasta to excellent fish, the menu is always a great experience. I particularly go when Osso Bucco is announced in the paper. The shank is cooked for hours in a great tasting sauce. I can't imagine any finer meal than a night at Melos.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jerrysellsre
melbourne
“Melo ocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Another Date Night!
However... the Atmosphere was really drab. Setting was as well... and the food was just OK.
Wasn't what I expected for the price at all!
The server was wonderful. Very kind and at tentative.
No view, you feel like you are in a library or something.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank nina b
clermont
“Absolutely FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I can not say enough good things about this restaurant. We were with friends and the meals wer great. My husband had olioli which is his favorite dish. He makes it frequently. He said it was better than his and he practically licked the bowl-and it was a huge bowl of pasta. I had the pasta and artichoke and again it was so good. Also very good salads with home made dressings. Our waiter was great-wish I knew his name-he said he had been there for 5 years. He was patient and so nice with helping us decide which was tough! Go and try and be happy!

• Visited February 2014