“Winston at the beach”

Canova Beach Dog Park
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We took our dog Winston to this dog friendly beach it's a little area but at least u can get your dog acclimated to the sand and water. All the dogs were leashed and having fun it's a little rough trying to enter the water at this spot but I carried my little pooch in

2  Thank Rcairjam-Rhonda
"surf"
"picnic"
"blast"

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was a concept long in coming to the county. Biggest issue is that most pet owners don't realize or don't care that there are boundaries to the dog park portion.

1  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I took my amazing bulldog to the dog beach this weekend. It was very crowded and a lot of nice people were there. I always keep him on a leash anywhere near water, and this weekend was no exception. I thought the area was nice and clean, everyone was cleaning up after their dogs. I only wished I had seen a wash station to get the sand off. Other than that, we had a great time.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The powers that be in Brevard County finally allowed a dog beach. Keep in mind, Brevard County is 74 miles long and on the Atlantic Ocean and even though there are thousands of dogs, there was not one dog beach approved by our elected officials. And it was not for lack of trying by the dog owners over many years. But we dog owners are happy to have Canova Beach Dog Park. The park is located directly on the ocean and has full facilities such as showers, fountains, bathrooms, etc. On my visit I noticed several dogs on the beach and along the walkway over the dunes. All were on leashes and well behaved. There were bag and disposal stations as well. Picking up after your pet is mandatory and the proper tags reflecting shots, etc. is a must. The only thing that can goof up having this wonderful dog park now and in the future would be if irresponsible dog owners show up. As already noted, all dogs and owners present the day I was there, were fully compliant to the rules and regulations of Canova Dog Park. Also, there is ample parking. All in all, a very good experience for the dog and their parents. AND... a very nice dog friendly restaurant named Coasters, is only a couple of blocks away. And they have very good food and drink.

5  Thank Bill R