“New owners have proved to be a disappointment”
Review of Tapas Garden and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Tapas Garden and Wine Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2013

A year and a half ago, I would say this is one of the better restaurants on Indian Rocks Beach. This is no longer the case. The delicious and creative tapas that once marked this establishment are now created with inferior product. It seems that a lot of food there is made way too far in advance. The lack of fresh ingredients is obvious. When I last went there, you could no longer order off the tapas menu for lunch. At a TAPAS place! Only deli type wraps and sandwiches. The Cuban was just okay. I can get a better one, closer to home, for less money.

To top it off, the service is extremely lacking. It was hot outside, sitting at the outdoor bar, I could not get a glass of water even though I requested it twice, the first time with my original wine order.

Another thing they haven't gotten right, is their indoor/outdoor setup. First time visitors are seen wandering around the back of the building and side parking lot, as it is almost a mystery how to get in. And as there is no greeter/seater and the bartenders are often elsewhere, it isn't rare to see people awkwardly milling about the courtyard seating area.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Terrible service, the owner/ manager was inappropriate and made our group of women feel uncomfortable just being there. Too bad because the location is great. With the right owner/ manager, this place could be fantastic. Cute building although it needs pest control!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Reservation made none need . Got there could not find the door to get in ,had an outside bar with tables . Went to the bar ask if have any thing inside yes he said told us how to get in and the waiter had a table for us and no other party was inside small dinner room maybe 15 tables . He took our drink order and never came back never 20 min. later we walked out

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Looks like they are going out of business. My wife and I stopped by on Sunday at noon. No one there,only someone setting up bar. He said they changed hours ( not sign out front) and open at 1. We came back ( mistake) around 1:20 and were only ones eating. Ordered 4 tapas, very aberage at best. Skewered chicken on rice was a joke for the price, shrimp was just bouled with garlic sauce, nothing even close to remarkable. If this place lasts another dix month I will be shocked.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I went here for dinner on a Saturday night. My first inclination was when we walked in and no one was there. The wine was almost hot, when served. The appetizers were soooo salty. The salad was OK, but pricey for lettuce. The server, Kelly, tried but was clue less. Especially for the prices they charge!! The death knell happened when a palmetto bug (Florida roach) scurried across the floor. My wife screamed, jumped and ran across the empty room. The server heard the commotion and ran over saying, "Don't worry, this is Florida..." After she scooped it up and threw it away, she said, "I told the chef and he said we used to deep fry them and serve them.". We could not get out of there fast enough. Our server made no attempt to comp us for the inconvenience. A most unprofessional experience. There are so many other places to visit. Do yourself a favor and don't go here.